NO, Unemployment is NOT DOWN

The real unemployment rate according to Forbes.

Tackling The Real Unemployment Rate: 12.6%

Imagine being served your poolside drinks by a lawyer, or getting your chicken sandwich delivered by an experienced marketing professional. The first is a friend of mine, the second my waitress a few weeks ago. Both lost jobs due to economic downturns at their organizations. Both took available work to pay the bills while looking for new positions in their chosen professions.

My friend and the waitress are victims of a massive but hidden problem called underemployment. Watching falling unemployment numbers being reported at 6.2%, down from nearly 10% four years earlier, is simply misleading.

Despite the significant decrease in the official U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics(BLS) unemployment rate, the real unemployment rate is over double that at 12.6%. This number reflects the government’s “U-6” report, which accounts for the full unemployment picture including those “marginally attached to the labor force,” plus those “employed part time for economic reasons.”

Tackling The Real Unemployment Rate 12.6 - Forbes
You support the concept that some people, who have jobs, including those who normally work full time but had a bad week, are "really" unemployed?
What kind of foolish question is that? 12.6% of people who had jobs are no longer employed.
No, that's not what the U-6 measures. The U-6 is Unemployed (not working but looked in last 4 weeks) plus Marginally Attached (not working looked in last 12 months but not last 4 weeks) and Part time for economic reasons (willing and able to work 35+ hours but worked less due to slow business or inability to find full time work) as a percent of the Employed plus Unemployed plus Marginally Attached.

So, first, you don't have to have had a job to be either unemployed or marginally attached,
second, part time for economic reasons means they have a job (which is what I was referring to)
third it's not a percent of people who had jobs, it's a percent of people currently working, looking for work, or recently looked for work.
fourth, the U-6 is down to 11.2%
It's impressive that you got 4 things wrong in 10 words.

5.7% of the work force are collecting unemployment checks. 6.9% of the work force are no longer eligible. Are you trying to change Fahrenheit to Celsius?
Apparently you are. The Unemployment rate has never ever been based on unemployment benefits. Unemployed is defined as not working, looked for work in previous 4 weeks, could start a job if offered. Doesn't matter if you were layed off, quit, retired and started looking for a part time job, never had a job, re-entering the labor force after a break.
There is no Unemployment rate until all the foreigners (legal & illegal) are removed from the workforce, and cease to be counted as "employed"

Sure there is, it is currently a bit above 5%.

I have quite a few foreign coworkers that are smart, work very hard, pay their taxes both on income and purchasing products and services in the community. Every one of them deserves to be counted in an employment rate.

Sure there is, it is currently a bit above 5%.

I have quite a few foreign coworkers that are smart, work very hard, pay their taxes both on income and purchasing products and services in the community. Every one of them deserves to be counted in an employment rate.
They neither deserve to be counted in an employment rate, nor do they deserve to be in the US at all, stealing jobs from Americans, with your traitorous help. You ought to be locked up.

They neither deserve to be counted in an employment rate, nor do they deserve to be in the US at all, stealing jobs from Americans, with your traitorous help. You ought to be locked up.
Nah they are great, they put their efforts into productivity instead of burning calories whining about others.

Don't worry, their taxes will pay for whatever government help you get for being not as smart or hard working as they are.

Nah they are great, they put their efforts into productivity instead of burning calories whining about others.

Don't worry, their taxes will pay for whatever government help you get for being not as smart or hard working as they are.

VESTED INTERESTS wanting immigrants

1. Businesses wanting cheap labor to boost their profits.

2. Churches wanting parishoners to fill their empty pews.

3. Unions wanting members to replace their declining memberships.

4. Spanish media NEEDING Spanish-only speakers.

5. Ethnocentrist organizations wanting immigrants to multiply their race, for racist reasons (ex. La Raza- "the race")

6. Democrats seek VOTES (and get them).

7. Terrorists come in to enact terrorism (ex. the 9-11 hijackers came in on visas)

8. Anchor baby parents who become LEGALLY entitled to welfare benefits by having the pregnant woman give birth on the American side of the border. And then help themselves to a lifetime of benefits (more immigrants are receiving welfare benefits than native-born Americans).

9. Mexico - remittances$$$ from the USA are their second largest source of income (second only to their oil exports) Mexico also benefits immensely by dumping their poor people on the US, as we then stupidly pay their poverty bill for them. Other countries also benefit from remittances and poverty dumping.

10. Mexico's reconquista of the American southwest. I take the Mexican govt at it's word when it says that is exactly its plan.Harms of Immigration 1. Americans lose jobs. (especially Whites due to affirmative action).

Harms of Immigration

1. Americans lose jobs. (especially Whites due to affirmative action).

2. Wage reduction.

3. Tax $ lost (due to off books work + lower wages paid).

4. Remittance $$$ lost. ($123 Billion year).

5. Tax $$ lost to immigrants on welfare.

6. Increased crime.

7. Increased traffic congestion.

8. Increased pollution.

9. Overcrowding in hospital ERs.

10. Overcrowding in recreational facilities.

11. Overcrowding in government offices.

12. Overcrowding in schools.

13. Decrease in funds available for entitlements.

14. Cultural erosion.

15. Overuse of scarce resources (oil, gasoline, fresh water, jobs, electricity, food, etc)

16. Introduction of foreign diseases.

blah blah cut and past blah
I look forward to an immigrant replacing you, for they will surely do a better more efficient job which improves society.

I hope insecure people like you who try to stifle competition based on geopolitical lines instead of value continue to become marginalized as the losers that you are. The upside for you is you'll have that much more time to spend whining on the internet about people who are better than you, instead of bettering yourself. Whining is easy, and you seem like an expert.

You're welcome for my (and immigrants) tax dollars, we're happy to help.

I look forward to an immigrant replacing you, for they will surely do a better more efficient job which improves society.

I hope insecure people like you who try to stifle competition based on geopolitical lines instead of value continue to become marginalized as the losers that you are. The upside for you is you'll have that much more time to spend whining on the internet about people who are better than you, instead of bettering yourself. Whining is easy, and you seem like an expert.

prot's been doing that cut & paste for over a year...

Prot is insane. Prot wants to kill off 9/10ths of the American population. Prot even blames his parents (illegal immigrants) for what he claims is overcrowding here in the states.

Prot sees no difference whatsoever between legal and illegal immigration. Prot is one of the biggest assholes on the planet.

Prot is insane. Prot wants to kill off 9/10ths of the American population. Prot even blames his parents (illegal immigrants) for what he claims is overcrowding here in the states.

Prot sees no difference whatsoever between legal and illegal immigration. Prot is one of the biggest assholes on the planet.
FALSE! The lists in Post # 27 are NOT c & p. They were created by me 100%, and you are a shallow person to make such a reckless statement on no basis whatsoever.

2. I never said I wanted to kill anybody, much less 9/10 of the American population. Are you nuts ?

3. It's true that my parents (NOT illegal immigrants) have contributed to overpopulation by immigrating to the US after 1860 (when the US reached its optimum population). So ?

4. Sure there's differences between legal & illegal immigration, but as far as taking jobs away from Americans, no, of course there is no difference. A job lost is a job lost, whether the immigrant is legal or not.

5. Is RKMBrown one of the biggest assholes on the planet ? You wouldn't make a case against that using this latest post of his, that's for sure (# 29) :lmao:

FALSE! The lists in Post # 27 are NOT c & p. They were created by me 100%, and you are a shallow person to make such a reckless statement on no basis whatsoever.

2. I never said I wanted to kill anybody, much less 9/10 of the American population. Are you nuts ?

3. It's true that my parents (NOT illegal immigrants) have contributed to overpopulation by immigrating to the US after 1860 (when the US reached its optimum population). So ?

4. Sure there's differences between legal & illegal immigration, but as far as taking jobs away from Americans, no, of course there is no difference. A job lost is a job lost, whether the immigrant is legal or not.

5. Is RKMBrown one of the biggest assholes on the planet ? You wouldn't make a case against that using this latest post of his, that's for sure (# 29) :lmao:
1) Do you "re-create" that list every single time or is it cut & paste thousands of times? Do you even know what cut & paste means?
2) You insisted that we return the USA to 30million people.
3) See "over population." You're a nutcase.
4) See, no difference between legal & illegal immigration it's all the same to you.

Despite claims of support in this thread, the OP has still not received a single 'thanks', 'agree', or 'informative.' Also has not had a single person agree or corroborate his lunacy in this thread. Looks like the OP is a psychotic liar.

13. Decrease in funds available for entitlements.
I suspect this is the one that really bothers you.

Others who are willing to work hard are a threat to people like you who who's goals revolve around managing your entitlements.

What we need is a plan to ship people like you out instead. I hear Greenland is looking for people.

It has gone from 10.1 to 5.7? That is down my friend ;)
As long as yo don't add up the numbers yes.
Huh? Add up what numbers?
The real ones.
Oh, this game, where you refuse to ever actually explain your point, preferring to keep it as vague as possible so you never have to defend your position.
Do you actually think that's clever?

But let's see if you can actually present a real position.
By "real numbers," are you claiming the government is collecting the real data, but then lying: for example if there were really 12 million people who fit the description of unemployed but the government is lying and says 8 million.

OR, are you using a non-standard definition of unemployed and insisting it's the real one even though nobody in the history of ever has used that definition?

In either case please explain fully HOW the published data are not "real", and, assuming you're using some alternative definition, what makes your definition real, and the official numbers not real.

I don't play games. I have presented paragraphs of explanations on the subject of simple math in dozens of these dumbass threads. Not doing it anymore.

Dude stating an opinion than refusing to clarify or back it up with anything more than claiming you did in some other thread is exactly that, playing games. You're either in the discussion or you aren't.

I don't play games. I have presented paragraphs of explanations on the subject of simple math in dozens of these dumbass threads. Not doing it anymore.
Well, I found 1 definition from you:
Oh FFS you people are ridiculous. There is only one number. You take the population. deduct the elderly, adolescent and indigent. The number left over is how many are unemployed.
Funny, but under that system, no one is employed.

No plenty are employed. And way more that the politicians and partisan hacks like yourself say are not.

Forum List

Back