My Two Cents Regarding People Who Think Islam Is Intolerant.

You actually believe that these Christians are just so tolerant of these Muslims? They are NOW going against the law and trying to take away the Muslims' religious freedoms. How is that any tolerant? And I guarantee you that the Muslims will still get the bullshit if they move their mosque. People have to realize these Muslims are not the assholes that the Republicans make them out to be.

How are they going against the law???? Tolerance is not saying I love you it is allowing something to happen whether you want it to or not.

Funding is what has stopped this so far, not intolerant Christians.

You really need to look at what tolerance is. I think you have confused with acceptance.

You can quote any idiot out there but when you do keep in mind that just because they get in front of the camera that they do not represent everyone in the group.

Whenever you voice you opposition to a situation does not mean you are not being tolerant it means you are not being accepting.

1) It's going against the law in the sense that the Consititution allows people freedom of religion. These people, in a matter of speaking, are willing to suspend a law in the Constitution (i.e. the right of religion) in order to have the mosque not built. Only the executive branch can perform such an action, but only in a time of absolute peril.

2) Acceptance isn't exactly saying "I love you" either. You can accept something and still disagree with it, dislike it, or flat-out hate it. Al Gore accepted that he lost the election. Didn't mean he didn't like it. It's also like how many KKK members accept the 14th Amendment, despite the fact they strongly disagree with it.

Well I guess it is a matter of semantics. I can see by the video how young you are. Your opinion is not disregarded because of that but you do not have any experience with true intolerance.

I am grateful to live in a country where people can say what they want but will not be punished for it unless they actually do it. No law has been broken no matter how much talking has occurred.

I am also grateful to live in a country where you can put up a minority religious center no matter how much the majority religion cries. There are intolerant people in every facet of life but this country does not allow for religious intolerance.

I have been to 4 Muslim based countries. Even the most liberal (Kuwait) was not nearly as tolerant as we are.

Last edited:
1. It's not a mosque. It's a community center with a swimming pool, gym, book store, restaurant and a prayer room. It's a multicultural center which means it is not restricted to Muslims.

2. It's not at ground zero. It's two blocks away. You can't even see it from ground zero.

3. Many 911 victims such as the 9/11 Parents & Families of Firefighters & WTC Victims and others, support the building of the center at this location.

4. Many of the people killed in the attach were Muslims. There is a shrine planned in the center to honor those killed in the attack.

5. If the builders of the mosque would decide to build it elsewhere, there is no guarantee that they won't be harassed for still being to close to ground zero, or close to a Christian church, or across the street from 911 victims home, or whatever..

It will be a miracle if the opposition to the center does not inspire some nut to burn a mosque or a kill a few innocent people, something the terrorist would love to see.

1. It is a mosque, and a community center. There are mosques in other countries that contain shopping centers, as well as swimming pools and libraries. that does not make them not a mosque.
  2. You could see it from the towers before they became ground zero, and you will see it from the new tower it they ever get their head out of their ass and build it.
  3. Most do not.
  4. Bullshit, if it was a shrine it would not have a swimming pool.
  5. The builders do not exist, this is nothing more than a bunch of talk at this point, with a bit of flim flam thrown in.
The real miracle will be if it gets built at all, especially considering the taxes owed on the property, and the fact that the developers do not even own half of the block they want to raze.

On number 2. These assholes who keep saying it is not at ground zero are implying that Ground zero is restricted to the foot print of the 2 main towers. The truth is several other buildings took Direct damage from the attacks. As you know WTC7 collapsed as well. The Burlington Coat factory Building they want to tear down to build this Mosque, Had the landing gear and part of the fuselage of one of the planes that hit the towers. Crash threw its roof and through several floors of the building. That is why they were able to buy a 16 Million dollar property for 4 million dollars.

The Building was not occupied at the time so nobody was hurt. But the fact that it actually took debris from the attacks makes your It's not even at Ground Zero argument a pile of steaming BULLSHIT!

As for number 5, You are right there is no guarantee there would be no Opposition to it. But I can guarantee you if they moved it away from Ground zero the Amount and level of Opposition would Die off significantly. To levels WELL below the 70% or so of Americans who oppose it going in this spot. There will always be those who simply Oppose Islam, and they will not stop opposing it, But they are a small Minority in this movement. Must of us simply have a problem with this particular spot, and more to the point for me, The fact that the People Behind this are calling themselves the Cordoba Initiative. I'm not getting into that History again here, Google it if you must, but To me the Name they chose tells me all I need to know about their intentions here.

What you Liberals are forgetting or ignoring, is that we are not Forcing them to do anything, we are asking. Nobody is denying they have a right to be Muslims and build Mosques in the US. We are simply asking they move this particular one. You so called Tolerant people on the left, seem unwilling to Tolerate our right to express our Opinion that it should not be built where they want to build it. We have every right to ask them to move it. 70% of Americans have the right and you fucking Liberal Hippocrates are bashing us, and demeaning us, in an attempt to get us to stop exercising our right to be Opposed to what we see as a deliberate political statement.

Hell to tell you the truth if it was not called the Cordoba Initiative I would be willing to give on the location. Like I said learn the full history of what Happened at Cordoba and what it meant for those people who were not Muslim who lived in Spain for the next 300 years or so and then ask yourself why they are calling it that.

The Imam says because Cordoba led to 300 Years of Peaceful Coexsistance. But that is a BS lie, History written by the Victor. The Truth is that Muslims Conquered Christian Spain and yes there was peace for 300 years. IF YOU CONVERTED TO ISLAM. if not you we most likely going to die or RUN AWAY.

That is the true history behind the Name they wish to put on this so called out reach program in the shadow of Ground zero on a site that actually took damage in the attacks.

Even if they do not intend to send the message that Islam has triumphed over the West, Radical Muslims will still see it as that.

Last edited:
1. It's not a mosque. It's a community center with a swimming pool, gym, book store, restaurant and a prayer room. It's a multicultural center which means it is not restricted to Muslims.

2. It's not at ground zero. It's two blocks away. You can't even see it from ground zero.

3. Many 911 victims such as the 9/11 Parents & Families of Firefighters & WTC Victims and others, support the building of the center at this location.

4. Many of the people killed in the attach were Muslims. There is a shrine planned in the center to honor those killed in the attack.

5. If the builders of the mosque would decide to build it elsewhere, there is no guarantee that they won't be harassed for still being to close to ground zero, or close to a Christian church, or across the street from 911 victims home, or whatever..

It will be a miracle if the opposition to the center does not inspire some nut to burn a mosque or a kill a few innocent people, something the terrorist would love to see.

1. It is a mosque, and a community center. There are mosques in other countries that contain shopping centers, as well as swimming pools and libraries. that does not make them not a mosque.
  2. You could see it from the towers before they became ground zero, and you will see it from the new tower it they ever get their head out of their ass and build it.
  3. Most do not.
  5. The builders do not exist, this is nothing more than a bunch of talk at this point, with a bit of flim flam thrown in.
The real miracle will be if it gets built at all, especially considering the taxes owed on the property, and the fact that the developers do not even own half of the block they want to raze.
There is a grain of truth in what you say, but a very small grain. A mosque is defined as a place of worship. Calling the center a mosque would be as stupid as calling the United Nations building or Bellvue Hospital a mosque because they each have a Muslim prayer room. This's why it's called a community center.

It might be of interest to you to know that there was a Muslim prayer room on the 2nd floor of the World Trade Center. Should we then call the World Trade Center a mosque.

There were also 358 WTC Muslim employees that died in the 911 attack. Something the hate mongers seem to ignore.

The Future of Islam - Google Bücher

The small grain, if I am willing to be generous, is on your side of the argument. There is a difference between a room set aside for prayer in a secular building, and a portion of a building that is intended to be dedicated to being a mosque. Your argument was that it is not a mosque because it also serves other functions. By that argument a church that has a gym, school, and day care center is not a church. Since I know life does not work that way in the real world, this is a mosque.

I don't ignore the fact that Muslims died in the WTC, I have no reason to. This does not change any facts about what happened, or who did it, or why. Lots of Muslims die in Iraq every time another Muslim blows himself up to kill people. If Islam was a religion of peace and tolerance this would not be happening. That is something terrorist apologist have no trouble ignoring.

1) It's going against the law in the sense that the Consititution allows people freedom of religion. These people, in a matter of speaking, are willing to suspend a law in the Constitution (i.e. the right of religion) in order to have the mosque not built. Only the executive branch can perform such an action, but only in a time of absolute peril.

2) Acceptance isn't exactly saying "I love you" either. You can accept something and still disagree with it, dislike it, or flat-out hate it. Al Gore accepted that he lost the election. Didn't mean he didn't like it. It's also like how many KKK members accept the 14th Amendment, despite the fact they strongly disagree with it.

:confused:

No it is not, because the Constitution also says we can say whatever we want. If people are free to criticize Christians, and protest large statues of Jesus (which are tacky) or giant crosses, then people are also free to protest mosques. That might offend your warped sense of justice, but it is actually both legal, and fair.

Americans are forced by law to be tolerant of all religions. That does not mean the have to accept every religion with open arms. Just because you do not want something to happen and you speak out against it does not mean that if it happens you will not tolerate it. Acceptance and tolerance are not the same thing. When you accept something there is no strings attached you are good to go but if you tolerate something you do not necessarily care for it.

If the mosque goes up it will test the tolerance of those against it. I am willing to bet that 99.999999 percent of the right wing Christians will be tolerant. Those who are not will be punished by judicial system.

I highly doubt that you would get that kind of tolerance in Iran. I would like to know of a Christian based country currently (not in the dark ages) that would be as intolerant.

You actually believe that these Christians are just so tolerant of these Muslims? They are NOW going against the law and trying to take away the Muslims' religious freedoms. How is that any tolerant? And I guarantee you that the Muslims will still get the bullshit if they move their mosque. People have to realize these Muslims are not the assholes that the Republicans make them out to be.

Umm yes they are bigger a holes. ANd once again, no one is going and trying to take away muslim religious freedoms.

The building was damaged during the attacks it is part of 9/11.
The fact is the powers that be agree, with those who knocked the buildings down and altered the skyline .
If they didnt agreee they would have rebuilt them immediately.

I could reply with examples of Christian intolerance and brutality, but to what end? Do you seek to justify intolerance by more intolerance, hatred, by more hatred? I think we all know where this leads.

I can't wait to hear like stories of Christian brutality.
You won't hear it from me. My goal is not to start a religious war.

We wont hear it from you because you are incapable of providing "like stories of Christian brutality". Your response was a complete and utter cop out, but you already knew that. Your debating skills are seriously lacking.

I can't wait to hear like stories of Christian brutality.
You won't hear it from me. My goal is not to start a religious war.

We wont hear it from you because you are incapable of providing "like stories of Christian brutality". Your response was a complete and utter cop out, but you already knew that. Your debating skills are seriously lacking.

99.9% of the stories of Christian Brutality you find, will be well in the past. For example you will find no Countries on earth currently. That Proclaim to be Majority Christian, and KILL people who are not Christian as a practice. You will find No Christian Nation in the world today that KILLS homosexuals just for being so. You will find No Christian Nation that allows the stoning to death of A women On the word of her husband that she may have talked to another man.

You will find many Muslim Nations that do that. I suggest you look at How Sharia, Which Governs Almost all Majority Muslim Nations is applied in Actual Practice, and stop listening to One so called Moderate Muslim Imam who says he sees Sharia as something different than it is in Practice in every country it is practiced in. A system of Oppression of women and minority Religions.

Sharia is the real evil of Modern Islam. Radical Terrorist pale in comparison to it's capacity to Oppress and kill the innocent.

3. Most do not.
There is a grain of truth in what you say, but a very small grain. A mosque is defined as a place of worship. Calling the center a mosque would be as stupid as calling the United Nations building or Bellvue Hospital a mosque because they each have a Muslim prayer room. This's why it's called a community center.

It might be of interest to you to know that there was a Muslim prayer room on the 2nd floor of the World Trade Center. Should we then call the World Trade Center a mosque.

There were also 358 WTC Muslim employees that died in the 911 attack. Something the hate mongers seem to ignore.

The small grain, if I am willing to be generous, is on your side of the argument. There is a difference between a room set aside for prayer in a secular building, and a portion of a building that is intended to be dedicated to being a mosque. Your argument was that it is not a mosque because it also serves other functions. By that argument a church that has a gym, school, and day care center is not a church. Since I know life does not work that way in the real world, this is a mosque.

I don't ignore the fact that Muslims died in the WTC, I have no reason to. This does not change any facts about what happened, or who did it, or why. Lots of Muslims die in Iraq every time another Muslim blows himself up to kill people. If Islam was a religion of peace and tolerance this would not be happening. That is something terrorist apologist have no trouble ignoring.
You say "This does not change any facts about what happened, or who did it, or why." I agree. The facts are the people that are building the center did not attack us. The people that will use the center did not attack us. Yet we say go build your center some place else. Your religion is offensive to us and the victims of 911, forgetting that hundreds of innocent Muslims died in the attack.

This was an opportunity for Americans to show the Muslim world that we are not the intolerant devils of terrorist propaganda. But we blew it, just as we did with native Americans, blacks, Japanese Americans and the Chinese. I guess nothing really changes in America.

[/B]

You say "This does not change any facts about what happened, or who did it, or why." I agree. The facts are the people that are building the center did not attack us. The people that will use the center did not attack us. Yet we say go build your center some place else. Your religion is offensive to us and the victims of 911, forgetting that hundreds of innocent Muslims died in the attack.

This was an opportunity for Americans to show the Muslim world that we are not the intolerant devils of terrorist propaganda. But we blew it, just as we did with native Americans, blacks, Japanese Americans and the Chinese. I guess nothing really changes in America.

[/b]
What part of Muslims hate America for religious reasons (not a majority Muslim nation) AND foreign policy do you not understand? This mosque would help nothing when the reasons they hate America so much are out of America's control (unless you force the majority of the population to become Muslims and set up an Islamic state). Even if America reversed foreign policy direction the Muslim world would still hate America, as it is a western nation. Just letting you know. Stop trying to please most Muslims, only Secular Muslims care about tolerance (meaning they don't hate Jews and really want peace, unlike most Muslims) and they don't need another Mosque run by radical Muslims to chance their mind.

Last edited:
So we are supposed to take the preachy ramblings of some 15ish year old high school student on the matters of religion and politics even remotely seriously? I applaud his enthusiasm and effort to be interested in the world but the whole thing is laughable and highlights his lack of experience in life as a whole. Nobody at that age has the means to grasp an issue as complex as religion and it's effects on people's worldview, much less it's impact on the issues and differences between cultures.

To be honest I have met very few adults with any real understanding of world issues and cultural differences. Americans are a highly insulated and indoctrinated people. I have spent 6+ month stretches living closely amongst distinct muslim populations on three different occasions and can tell you that the average American knows almost nothing of the real cultural differences between us, both good and bad. Tolerance is not high on that list, racism/religious intolerance and violence are part and parcel of muslim life. Don't believe me go take a tour of the Middle East and tell people you are a Jew and see where that takes you.

Not to totally rip the kid apart but he has no business giving that diatribe, his experiences in life are exactly jack and shit. A clinic on naivety (to be fair though we were all there at some point and to some degree or another). It was amusing however and highlights the biggest failing of teenagers since the dawn of time, thinking they have the world figured out. I don't know if that video was made by the OP, but if so make sure to save that video and watch it every few years.

I don't know if that video was made by the OP, but if so make sure to save that video and watch it every few years.

Exactly man if I had video of some of this shit I believed when I was a teen, or even in my early 20's I would be ashamed to watch them.

That is why I just laugh when Liberals talk about how smart they are, and how educated they are.

I look back on all the Liberal views I held, many of them pretty damn extreme, Before REAL LIFE experiences proved to me how much Utter Bullshit and pipe dreams they were, and I can't help but laugh at them thinking they are so smart.

The Truth is Most hard core liberals are insulated, Academic ass wipes, with a lot of Opinions but little real world experience. Very few people become a lot more Liberal as they age, but Many become much more Conservative. Liberals know that is true, and they blame it on bigotry and ignorance, when in fact it is based on understanding reality vs Wishful thinking and platitudes.

I'm Not talking about hard core Religious conservatives here. I am talking about people who once held left views about things like Health Care, and what government should and should not do that were very liberal, and now understand that Government is the problem. The more we have of it the worse things will be. Especially at the Federal Level. Power Corrupts it is that simple. Every dollar you people try and spend to save this or that, or help this person or that. Will be Raped and pillaged and misused and not spend wisely. You are dumping cash down an never ending insatiable money pit. Be it Health care, SS, or public Education. Every dollar you send will give you about 25 cents of real value as the rest is raped from us in one way or another.

The more Bureaucracies they set up the more they will want to create. It will never end until the Majority of workers are working for the government in some way. while the Minority Creates the wealth the Government needs to pay them. The Direction we are going in, call it what you want, if you do not want to call it socialism call it what ever. IT IS UNSUSTAINABLE. Period.

Last edited:

[/b]

Instead, they get to see that we are a nation that, despite idiots on both sides of the spectrum, we can argue and still function without killing each other. We can, despite claims of intolerance, tolerate even idiots who claim we are bigots, and still make the right decision.

But thanks for acting like all of this is a bad thing, and trying to make this molehill into a mountain.

THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE PEOPLE WHO OPPOSE THE MOSQUE, OR THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO BUILD IT, IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKE THIS OUT TO BE A NUCLEAR WAR WHEN IT IS NOT EVEN A FAMILY ARGUMENT.

See there, I can use bold font in a ridiculous attempt to make my point look more intelligent, but all it does it look silly, even when I am right. Imagine who it make you look when you are wrong.

This is the way a democracy works. People argue, they debate the points, and, in the end, freedom always wins out. That is because this is the best country in the world, despite losers like you who want to make discussions into wars, and who try to make everyone who disagrees with them into a bigoted asshole because, deep down, they that this is exactly what will happen.

Stop acting like a child and make your points based on logic. When all you do is accuse the other side of being emotional retards after your points are challenged you look a lot dumber than you think you make the other side look.

I don't know if that video was made by the OP, but if so make sure to save that video and watch it every few years.

Exactly man if I had video of some of this shit I believed when I was a teen, or even in my early 20's I would be ashamed to watch them.

That is why I just laugh when Liberals talk about how smart they are, and how educated they are.

I look back on all the Liberal views I held, many of them pretty damn extreme, Before REAL LIFE experiences proved to me how much Utter Bullshit and pipe dreams they were, and I can't help but laugh at them thinking they are so smart.

The Truth is Most hard core liberals are insulated, Academic ass wipes, with a lot of Opinions but little real world experience. Very few people become a lot more Liberal as they age, but Many become much more Conservative. Liberals know that is true, and they blame it on bigotry and ignorance, when in fact it is based on understanding reality vs Wishful thinking and platitudes.

I'm Not talking about hard core Religious conservatives here. I am talking about people who once held left views about things like Health Care, and what government should and should not do that were very liberal, and now understand that Government is the problem. The more we have of it the worse things will be. Especially at the Federal Level. Power Corrupts it is that simple. Every dollar you people try and spend to save this or that, or help this person or that. Will be Raped and pillaged and misused and not spend wisely. You are dumping cash down an never ending insatiable money pit. Be it Health care, SS, or public Education. Every dollar you send will give you about 25 cents of real value as the rest is raped from us in one way or another.

The more Bureaucracies they set up the more they will want to create. It will never end until the Majority of workers are working for the government in some way. while the Minority Creates the wealth the Government needs to pay them. The Direction we are going in, call it what you want, if you do not want to call it socialism call it what ever. IT IS UNSUSTAINABLE. Period.

Ain't that the truth.

The one thing I am glad of is that we did not have the tech we do now available back then. I used to keep a journal, and I stopped precisely because I was so stupid. If we had had YouTube back then I would be hiding in Antarctica so know one would know who that idiot is.

One thing I have learned through coming to religion late in life, both sides are full of themselves, and most people never learn to look past the end of their noses. I am thankful I kept my sense of humor, or I would have gone insane.

People on the left who think that someone can be trusted because they think America is imperialistic, and then they cozy up with dictators like Hugo Chavez and admire murderers like Che Guevera. On the right they admire people like Pat Robertson and embrace idiots like Donald Rumsfield.

Get a fucking clue, all of you are idiots if you do not learn to think, and act, for yourselves. Free will exist out there people, and it is available to all of us.

Be wise as serpents, and gentle as doves. Until you have proof otherwise, believe everyone is out to get you, you will live longer.

THIS is the "problem" ~

YOU have No FUCKING IDEA of what and or how RELIGION actually IS for ANYONE!!!

YOU?

YOU're so above it all,

YOU?

YOU'll NEVER UNDERSTAND what it IS to be Down With An Ideology that ONLY preaches TRUTH, and LOVE, and FORGIVENESS.

YOU'll never admit to YOUR faults. You'll NEVER admit them ~ indeed, I'd be surprised it you even RECOGNIZED them.

THAT's the diff between REALISTS and IDEALISTS,

and it has carried over into our Political System of governanace.

Poor, poor US.

You PUSSIES are Fucking Us Over,

and not just us ~ YOUR OWN SELVES,

and you're too hypnotized to even realize what you're doing.

Feel GOOD? It's a fucking LIE, and you're doing Nothing but denying TRUTH with every breath you take, line you type, lie you tell yourself...

'Cuz here's the thang ~

I'm a redneck/wetback/redback/wetneck BIATCH:

I'm just an American.

So we are supposed to take the preachy ramblings of some 15ish year old high school student on the matters of religion and politics even remotely seriously? I applaud his enthusiasm and effort to be interested in the world but the whole thing is laughable and highlights his lack of experience in life as a whole. Nobody at that age has the means to grasp an issue as complex as religion and it's effects on people's worldview, much less it's impact on the issues and differences between cultures.

To be honest I have met very few adults with any real understanding of world issues and cultural differences. Americans are a highly insulated and indoctrinated people. I have spent 6+ month stretches living closely amongst distinct muslim populations on three different occasions and can tell you that the average American knows almost nothing of the real cultural differences between us, both good and bad. Tolerance is not high on that list, racism/religious intolerance and violence are part and parcel of muslim life. Don't believe me go take a tour of the Middle East and tell people you are a Jew and see where that takes you.

Not to totally rip the kid apart but he has no business giving that diatribe, his experiences in life are exactly jack and shit. A clinic on naivety (to be fair though we were all there at some point and to some degree or another). It was amusing however and highlights the biggest failing of teenagers since the dawn of time, thinking they have the world figured out. I don't know if that video was made by the OP, but if so make sure to save that video and watch it every few years.
A 15 year old teenager? I wish.

Just One DAY

WE HAVE TO WAKE UP

It ISN'T just US

It ISN'T just THIS

IT'S ALL OF THE SHIT!

It's All of the lies.

It's all of ...

fuck ...

sometimes, I just don't know How to Explain IT

IT isn't This

IT isn't those beautiful feelings we feel and experiece,

IT'S also ALL of the Hurt we feel.

Explain it.

Become our New god.

Good fucking luck with THAT...

Just a last word before I unsubscribe this thread. Apparently, I hit real pay dirt with my comments or I wouldn't be reading such venomous posts. I leave you with this to rave and rant to your heart's content.

"You have two qualities which God, the Most Exalted, likes and loves. One is mildness and the other is toleration." Prophet Muhammad: Riyadh us-Saleheen Volume 1:632

Forum List

Back