My Two Cents Regarding People Who Think Islam Is Intolerant.

Wouldn't it be something if muslims lived by that scripture.

It will be something that ANYBODY live by those useless words in Bible, Koran, Torah, whatever...

If you really want to meet someone who does that I can tell you where to look, I know quite a few.

I think what this guy is getting at is that there are a number of people that don't really follow the true teachings of their religion anymore. I'm Jewish, and I eat shrimp scampi, for instance.

But there definitely still is a mast amount of people that still follow Leviticus and all of that.

You actually believe that these Christians are just so tolerant of these Muslims? They are NOW going against the law and trying to take away the Muslims' religious freedoms. How is that any tolerant? And I guarantee you that the Muslims will still get the bullshit if they move their mosque. People have to realize these Muslims are not the assholes that the Republicans make them out to be.

How are they going against the law???? Tolerance is not saying I love you it is allowing something to happen whether you want it to or not.

Funding is what has stopped this so far, not intolerant Christians.

You really need to look at what tolerance is. I think you have confused with acceptance.

You can quote any idiot out there but when you do keep in mind that just because they get in front of the camera that they do not represent everyone in the group.

Whenever you voice you opposition to a situation does not mean you are not being tolerant it means you are not being accepting.

1) It's going against the law in the sense that the Consititution allows people freedom of religion. These people, in a matter of speaking, are willing to suspend a law in the Constitution (i.e. the right of religion) in order to have the mosque not built. Only the executive branch can perform such an action, but only in a time of absolute peril.

2) Acceptance isn't exactly saying "I love you" either. You can accept something and still disagree with it, dislike it, or flat-out hate it. Al Gore accepted that he lost the election. Didn't mean he didn't like it. It's also like how many KKK members accept the 14th Amendment, despite the fact they strongly disagree with it.

Great,

will you accept me saying "in the name of Jesus" during a graduation ceremony?

will you accept me wearing an American flag shirt to school on cinco de mayo?

will you accept me saying that Sodomy is wrong and the Bible condemns it?

will you accept Pastor Terry burning Korans?

I'm past "should the government let them build the mosque." I was past it day numero uno. Of course the government should "let" them build it.

Should they build it??? NO

The irony of the whole thing is that they claim to be "peace loving," "moderate" Muslims yet don't want to give the 9/11 victims any peace by having the decency to move their mosque elsewhere.

How are they going against the law???? Tolerance is not saying I love you it is allowing something to happen whether you want it to or not.

Funding is what has stopped this so far, not intolerant Christians.

You really need to look at what tolerance is. I think you have confused with acceptance.

You can quote any idiot out there but when you do keep in mind that just because they get in front of the camera that they do not represent everyone in the group.

Whenever you voice you opposition to a situation does not mean you are not being tolerant it means you are not being accepting.

1) It's going against the law in the sense that the Consititution allows people freedom of religion. These people, in a matter of speaking, are willing to suspend a law in the Constitution (i.e. the right of religion) in order to have the mosque not built. Only the executive branch can perform such an action, but only in a time of absolute peril.

2) Acceptance isn't exactly saying "I love you" either. You can accept something and still disagree with it, dislike it, or flat-out hate it. Al Gore accepted that he lost the election. Didn't mean he didn't like it. It's also like how many KKK members accept the 14th Amendment, despite the fact they strongly disagree with it.

Great,

I'm past "should the government let them build the mosque." I was past it day numero uno. Of course the government should "let" them build it.

The irony of the whole thing is that they claim to be "peace loving," "moderate" Muslims yet don't want to give the 9/11 victims any peace by having the decency to move their mosque elsewhere.

It's insensitive, but that's about it. That's why I'm against it.

Great,

It's insensitive, but that's about it. That's why I'm against it.

That's about it???:eek:

The mosque is a victory symbol to osama bin laden, blow up the WTC and replace it with a mosque. How sweet is that?

Obvious troll is obvious. Seriously, can you prove all of this using logic and concrete evidence?

The mosque is a victory symbol to osama bin laden, blow up the WTC and replace it with a mosque. How sweet is that?

Obvious troll is obvious. Seriously, can you prove all of this using logic and concrete evidence?

Prove it? You mean go ask Sammy Laden Jr is he's happy that they're replacing the WTC with a mosque? I think that would be pretty obvious dontcha think?
Evidence? They're building a mosque at ground zero. Game, set and match.

Prove it? You mean go ask Sammy Laden Jr is he's happy that they're replacing the WTC with a mosque? I think that would be pretty obvious dontcha think?
Evidence? They're building a mosque at ground zero. Game, set and match.

But it's not a mosque in the truest sense. It's a community center that happens to have a mosque inside it. By your logic, that makes the WTC a mosque since it had a Muslim praying center inside it.

mr-fitnah-albums-avy-picture1898-mehrab.jpg

Speaking of hand chopping...

An Iranian court has condemned a man convicted of robbing chocolates and cocoa from a Tehran pastry shop to have a hand chopped off, Fars news agency reported on Saturday.

The Islamic sharia laws of Iran lay down amputation as punishment for repeated thefts.

Cases of amputation have been increasing due to a rise in robberies on the back of growing poverty in Iran. Last week, Tehran amputated a hand of a man found guilty of two robberies in the northeastern holy city of Mashhad.

Iranian chocolate thief 'to have hand chopped off'

Yep. I'm intolerant of dat shit. :evil:

Do rapists get their dong chopped off? Oh wait, I forgot, they stone the victim to death. I can tolerate them killing Muslim breeders any day of the week, for any reason, or even none at all. I like to think I'm tolerant of sharia (as long as it stays in those backwards countries, they can chop anything off of anyone they like, go for it).

1. It's not a mosque. It's a community center with a swimming pool, gym, book store, restaurant and a prayer room. It's a multicultural center which means it is not restricted to Muslims.

2. It's not at ground zero. It's two blocks away. You can't even see it from ground zero.

3. Many 911 victims such as the 9/11 Parents & Families of Firefighters & WTC Victims and others, support the building of the center at this location.

4. Many of the people killed in the attach were Muslims. There is a shrine planned in the center to honor those killed in the attack.

5. If the builders of the mosque would decide to build it elsewhere, there is no guarantee that they won't be harassed for still being to close to ground zero, or close to a Christian church, or across the street from 911 victims home, or whatever..

It will be a miracle if the opposition to the center does not inspire some nut to burn a mosque or a kill a few innocent people, something the terrorist would love to see.

What do you consider ground zero? Me? I consider those building heavily damaged to be a part of GZ.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._Site_9-23-01_with_Cordoba_House_location.jpg

(click picture to enlarge)

One can see how close this is to GZ and the heavily damaged building sitting at 7 o’clock or ‘catty corner’ from the building circled ( which is the soon to be Mosque/Community Center)

Forum List

Back