Zone1 What do the World Religions teach about Tattoos?

Yes. You should fuck off out of the Pacific. We'd all be a lot better off without you appalling hypocrites destroying people's culture.
We havenā€™t changed any culture. You are a sorry example of the human race.

How ignorant can one Mormon demonstrate herself to be? I mean, it's not as if she knows the first thing about Pacific or Maori culture but that's not going to stop her.

Your name's not Karen, is it?
Iā€™m a male you dumbass jerk. You have no answer to my question except a bigoted response from a sorry example of a human being. Iā€™ve never said a tattoo is a sin. I said you are defacing your own temple for your spirit. Just because people get all bunch of tattoos doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a culture thing or a good culture thing. We see a rash of women tattooing their bodies in the U.S. is that a good culture? Personally, women with tattoos does not enhance their beauty at all.

Wow. You've done the twofer. Ignorant and stupid in your certainty that other cultures either don't exist or don't matter.

Learn about the history, symbols and designs of tā moko, the unique expression of Māori cultural heritage and identity through tattoo. Discover how tā moko is applied to different parts of the body and what it represents for men and women.
1102417_orig.jpg

You're telling this man he should repent his heritage and culture.
Again, I would not call that an example of culture. And if you do, Iā€™d call it a wrong method of showing your culture. Defacing your temple is not a good activity. With that said, there is no connection to what they have done to their bodies and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We have many members who have tattoos and still attend the temple. You are a sorry example of a human being. Your hatred is of the devil. Our Church is well received in the Pacific Islands. Didnā€™t start that way but is today.

Again, I would not call that an example of culture. And if you do, Iā€™d call it a wrong method of showing your culture. Defacing your temple is not a good activity.
You really are as stupid and ignorant as you appear. Very American, but I repeat myself.

You seem to think only your view of a culture is valid.

Keep the fuck out of the Pacific, if you would be so kind.

You regard tattoo, an integral part of Polynesian culture as a sin.
Is it? I regard it has an unnecessary part of their culture. Their culture would be better off without it. We still baptize those who have tattoos. So, itā€™s not a sin. But, it still defaces the beauty of their temples.

Also, there are many cultures that are in fact evil. Voodoo worship is a cultural thing in many places as well. Just because itā€™s a cultural thing doesnā€™t mean we shouldnā€™t speak out against it and other parts of every culture that isnā€™t in harmony with Jesus Christ gospel. Again, the conversion of many of the islands has been successful and people have changed and get rid of the negative parts of their culture while retaining the beauty parts of their cultures.

Is it? I regard it has an unnecessary part of their culture. Their culture would be better off without it.
You are an unbelievably culturally arrogant ignoramus who obviously wishes to destroy their culture while pretending otherwise as a fig leaf.

Please stay in the US, which deserves you and is where you belong.

Again, the conversion of many of the islands has been successful and people have changed and get rid of the negative parts of their culture while retaining the beauty parts of their cultures.
And you pretend you haven't destroyed their culture.

You really are a waste of pixels.

Please stay in the US, which deserves you
Yes, I can understand you aggravation towards the US which has been the least imperialistic super power in the history of the world. :rolleyes:

Yes. To be told they've defiled their temple.
I have to remember you don't know a thing about our Church. I'm talking about allowed to attend what we call our Temples or The House of the Lord. We simply say that you have joined another culture of The Church of Jesus Christ and from this point forward, no more tattooing. They still may enter of they are worthy into these buildings that are built for New and Everlasting Covenant of Marriage and Eternal Glory in the Celestial Kingdom. I know you don't understand but I stated this anyway.

We have a 4 fold mission of the Church:
1. Proclaim the Gospel to all people's of the Earth
2. Work on the Salvation of the Living through faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost
3. Redeem the Dead as well with the ordinances they were unable to receive while living on the earth
4. Help the poor and the needy around the world

These are the reasons you see members and missionaries in the Pacific Islands.

There is an OT prohibition against cutting oneself. I believe that this is the source of religious objection to tattoos. If I am wrong about this, it won't be the first mistake I have ever made. Hope I live long enough to make many more mistakes.

Yes. To be told they've defiled their temple.
I have to remember you don't know a thing about our Church. I'm talking about allowed to attend what we call our Temples or The House of the Lord.
Yeah, right.
Again, I would not call that an example of culture. And if you do, Iā€™d call it a wrong method of showing your culture. Defacing your temple is not a good activity.
These are the reasons you see members and missionaries in the Pacific Islands.
Your relentless expressions of smug social superiority, cultural 'improvement' and busy bodying would be another reason.

Last edited:
You really have drunk the Kool Aid, haven't you?

I think you need to view America's place in history as a world super power in its entirety and in comparison to the reigns of other world super powers.

So, no. I haven't drunk the Kool Aid unless you call being objective drinking Kool Aid.

And as for the present times... no other super power had to live in a time where global terrorism existed. So what you see as heavy handedness is in fact an artifact of the times. The reality is that there is no nation America could not conquer militarily. And yet we are not adding territory like every other world super power before us did.

So maybe you are the one drinking Kool Aid.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Yeah, right.

Your relentless expressions of smug social superiority, cultural 'improvement' and busy bodying would be another reason.
Itā€™s interesting that when a disaster occurs out in that area of the Pacific, the people welcome our immediate help. Iā€™d say better crops and food and other 21st century improvements is welcomed. Better health, medicine and prosperity. The Church is well aware of the customs and culture and does everything to not cause problems. With that said, we also are ready to teach the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and give each person to freedom to choose for themselves to be baptized or not. Do you deny the people there the freedom to think and choose for themselves?

I think you need to view America's place in history as a world super power in its entirety and in comparison to the reigns of other world super powers.

So, no. I haven't drunk the Kool Aid unless you call being objective drinking Kool Aid.

And as for the present times... no other super power had to live in a time where global terrorism existed. So what you see as heavy handedness is in fact an artifact of the times. The reality is that there is no nation America could not conquer militarily. And yet we are not adding territory like every other world super power before us did.

So maybe you are the one drinking Kool Aid.
In my lifetime we have added two new states. Russa is angry about one of them and the other is militarily significant. Terrorism, both internal and foreign have existed for a long time. Having such a dominate military has both caused and allowed us to overreact. Rather than a six month punishment campaign in Afghanistan we spent 20 years in that hell hole.

Forum List

Back