My Two Cents Regarding People Who Think Islam Is Intolerant.

Americans are forced by law to be tolerant of all religions. That does not mean the have to accept every religion with open arms. Just because you do not want something to happen and you speak out against it does not mean that if it happens you will not tolerate it. Acceptance and tolerance are not the same thing. When you accept something there is no strings attached you are good to go but if you tolerate something you do not necessarily care for it.

If the mosque goes up it will test the tolerance of those against it. I am willing to bet that 99.999999 percent of the right wing Christians will be tolerant. Those who are not will be punished by judicial system.

I highly doubt that you would get that kind of tolerance in Iran. I would like to know of a Christian based country currently (not in the dark ages) that would be as intolerant.

You actually believe that these Christians are just so tolerant of these Muslims? They are NOW going against the law and trying to take away the Muslims' religious freedoms. How is that any tolerant? And I guarantee you that the Muslims will still get the bullshit if they move their mosque. People have to realize these Muslims are not the assholes that the Republicans make them out to be.

Where'd you get the evidence that Republicans make Muslims out to be asshole? And, please don't give me a link to some ridiculous media article. Thanks.

Americans are forced by law to be tolerant of all religions. That does not mean the have to accept every religion with open arms. Just because you do not want something to happen and you speak out against it does not mean that if it happens you will not tolerate it. Acceptance and tolerance are not the same thing. When you accept something there is no strings attached you are good to go but if you tolerate something you do not necessarily care for it.

If the mosque goes up it will test the tolerance of those against it. I am willing to bet that 99.999999 percent of the right wing Christians will be tolerant. Those who are not will be punished by judicial system.

I highly doubt that you would get that kind of tolerance in Iran. I would like to know of a Christian based country currently (not in the dark ages) that would be as intolerant.

You actually believe that these Christians are just so tolerant of these Muslims? They are NOW going against the law and trying to take away the Muslims' religious freedoms. How is that any tolerant? And I guarantee you that the Muslims will still get the bullshit if they move their mosque. People have to realize these Muslims are not the assholes that the Republicans make them out to be.

No one is trying to take away anyone's religious freedom you stupid fuck. Go visit Saudi Arabia and see how much religious freedom you have there you ignorant little boy.

I'm going to get a new tattoo, praise Allah. It will be a depiction of Mohammed. Most people don't realize that he looks just like Alfred E. Neumann.

I'm going to get a new tattoo, praise Allah. It will be a depiction of Mohammed. Most people don't realize that he looks just like Alfred E. Neumann.

Well that will get your fucking HEAD SAWED OFF in Iran, by those oh so TOLERANT muslims... pfft... :eusa_hand:

I thought he looked like Yosemite Sam.

20727wb.JPG

YouTube - Islam = Intolerant?

Just putting it out there.

And yes, I do realize that 10 minutes is not two cents.

It is very Tolerant as long as you are Muslim. Ask a christian living in Iran how tolerant they are of them, or a gay person in Saudi?

They tolerate the things they want to tolerate and are intolerant of those things they do not want to Tolerate. :)
let see!; how many churches and christian graves were burned and vandalized in Iran and how many mosques were burned in Europe like France...? :eusa_eh:

Cradley%20Heath%20Mosque.bmp

Last edited:
1. It's not a mosque. It's a community center with a swimming pool, gym, book store, restaurant and a prayer room. It's a multicultural center which means it is not restricted to Muslims.

2. It's not at ground zero. It's two blocks away. You can't even see it from ground zero.

3. Many 911 victims such as the 9/11 Parents & Families of Firefighters & WTC Victims and others, support the building of the center at this location.

4. Many of the people killed in the attach were Muslims. There is a shrine planned in the center to honor those killed in the attack.

5. If the builders of the mosque would decide to build it elsewhere, there is no guarantee that they won't be harassed for still being to close to ground zero, or close to a Christian church, or across the street from 911 victims home, or whatever..

It will be a miracle if the opposition to the center does not inspire some nut to burn a mosque or a kill a few innocent people, something the terrorist would love to see.

I forget and call it a mosque because everyone else does, but it's not a mosque. According to the builders it is multicultural center. The only reason to call it a mosque is because it has a prayer room, which you will find in buildings all over the city which makes the whole issue pretty damn silly.

This story has legs because the right wing saw this as a way to capitalize on anti-Muslim sentiments. The left jumped in hoping play the religious tolerance card. The day after the elections, this story will start to die. By the end of the year, it will be as dead Obama's vacation story. No one outside of a smalll group of New Yorkers will care where they build it.

It's a mosque, stop lying. This is from an interview a little over a month ago with Sharif el-Gamal, the SoHo property owner and lead developer of the Park51 project.

2. Why must the project necessarily include a mosque? Wouldn't a general prayer area, which could be reserved in advance by any religious group, be more appropriate and compatible with the community-centric interfaith mission of the project?

We will include a September 11th memorial and quiet reflection space where people of different faith traditions and beliefs, sacred and secular, can find quiet time and solace. Park51 will also include general spaces and world-class facilities for all New Yorkers to benefit from, whether that's a Hebrew class meeting weekly or a yoga studio looking for space on a regular basis. We'll have an auditorium to engage large audiences, and sophisticated classroom space as well.

With respect to the mosque, which will take up only a small portion of the final space, it's a question of meeting a need. This mosque will be open to all. There are probably one million Muslims in the tri-state area and several hundred thousand in New York City. We should understand that Muslim New Yorkers are part of the city and have been for a very long time. Just a few days ago, I stopped to pray at a midtown mosque, and the congregation was led by a New York City Police Officer. He was a Muslim serving our city, keeping us safe.

There's hundreds of thousands of Muslim New Yorkers like him. We're doctors, lawyers, businessmen, cab drivers, teachers and students. That's what people need to know.

Read more: Q&A with Sharif el-Gamal about Park51, NYC - City of Brass

People are objecting to the mosque being built there because radical Islamists will view it as a victory mosque and because it is insensitive to the victims of 9/11. Move the mosque and most of the objections to it will disappear.

YouTube - Islam = Intolerant?

Just putting it out there.

And yes, I do realize that 10 minutes is not two cents.

It is very Tolerant as long as you are Muslim. Ask a christian living in Iran how tolerant they are of them, or a gay person in Saudi?

They tolerate the things they want to tolerate and are intolerant of those things they do not want to Tolerate. :)

Kinda like close-minded right-wing Christians, right?

Christians do not chop off the heads of those who do not believe as tey do.

1. It's not a mosque. It's a community center with a swimming pool, gym, book store, restaurant and a prayer room. It's a multicultural center which means it is not restricted to Muslims.

2. It's not at ground zero. It's two blocks away. You can't even see it from ground zero.

3. Many 911 victims such as the 9/11 Parents & Families of Firefighters & WTC Victims and others, support the building of the center at this location.

4. Many of the people killed in the attach were Muslims. There is a shrine planned in the center to honor those killed in the attack.

5. If the builders of the mosque would decide to build it elsewhere, there is no guarantee that they won't be harassed for still being to close to ground zero, or close to a Christian church, or across the street from 911 victims home, or whatever..

It will be a miracle if the opposition to the center does not inspire some nut to burn a mosque or a kill a few innocent people, something the terrorist would love to see.

Are you serious???

1: You contradicted yourself with number 5. Anyway everything I have read (grant it I have not read everything)states that it will have a mosque inside.

2: That is a mater of perspective. Some people feel that ground zero is not only the area of the towers but also any building that suffered damage. This build supposedly had one of the planes landing gear. (I did not read that in an article so I am not sure on that).

3: Not all of the families support it. You have some on both sides just like you do in America. You even have 9/11 families that said they could careless what they do. I have also seen numerous Muslims who have spoke out against building at that particular location.

4: It is true that Muslims did die in the attack. The victims of faith were the majority Christians. It is also true that everyone of the attackers were Muslim.

5: You are correct. It does not guaranty anything. If the developer would have decided to move at the first sign of opposition not nearly as much negative attention would have been given to this situation.

I am sure you are correct that some idiot will try to damage the building if it goes up. I am also sure if it goes up it will have a very good security system. I am sure that the idiot who tries to do something to the build will be caught and punished in our judicial system.

Both sides present compelling arguments on whether to build it or not. The problem is that few people take time to see things from another point of view.
I forget and call it a mosque because everyone else does, but it's not a mosque. According to the builders it is multicultural center. The only reason to call it a mosque is because it has a prayer room, which you will find in buildings all over the city which makes the whole issue pretty damn silly.

This story has legs because the right wing saw this as a way to capitalize on anti-Muslim sentiments. The left jumped in hoping play the religious tolerance card. The day after the elections, this story will start to die. By the end of the year, it will be as dead Obama's vacation story. No one outside of a smalll group of New Yorkers will care where they build it.

I forget and call it a mosque because everyone else does, but it's not a mosque. According to the builders it is multicultural center.
Is this the new age of word play? It's not a mosque, we do not have combat troops in Iraq.
Will they have religious service who are Islimic?

1. It is a mosque, and a community center. There are mosques in other countries that contain shopping centers, as well as swimming pools and libraries. that does not make them not a mosque.
  2. You could see it from the towers before they became ground zero, and you will see it from the new tower it they ever get their head out of their ass and build it.
  3. Most do not.
  4. Bullshit, if it was a shrine it would not have a swimming pool.
  5. The builders do not exist, this is nothing more than a bunch of talk at this point, with a bit of flim flam thrown in.
The real miracle will be if it gets built at all, especially considering the taxes owed on the property, and the fact that the developers do not even own half of the block they want to raze.

Islam the religion of peace.....I remember reading quite a few stories about the Taliban cutting off the ears and noses of young men who had shaved their beards...this happened early on in the war in Afghanistan....Then thee is the cover of Time magazine I believe or maybe it was Newsweek that showed a picture of a young lady who....well the wonderful people of Islam cut off her nose...for what reason you ask.well she must have done something really bad...maybe took the last piece of curry goat at the dinner table.How about the young lady that was caught talking to some guy who was not her husband or family member....oh yeh they buried her up to her neck in the center of town and one by one the townspeople picked up a rock and threw it at her head until....well she was like dead or something....Oh yeh Islam the religion of Peace....
I could reply with examples of Christian intolerance and brutality, but to what end? Do you seek to justify intolerance by more intolerance, hatred, by more hatred? I think we all know where this leads.

Islam the religion of peace.....I remember reading quite a few stories about the Taliban cutting off the ears and noses of young men who had shaved their beards...this happened early on in the war in Afghanistan....Then thee is the cover of Time magazine I believe or maybe it was Newsweek that showed a picture of a young lady who....well the wonderful people of Islam cut off her nose...for what reason you ask.well she must have done something really bad...maybe took the last piece of curry goat at the dinner table.How about the young lady that was caught talking to some guy who was not her husband or family member....oh yeh they buried her up to her neck in the center of town and one by one the townspeople picked up a rock and threw it at her head until....well she was like dead or something....Oh yeh Islam the religion of Peace....
I could reply with examples of Christian intolerance and brutality, but to what end? Do you seek to justify intolerance by more intolerance, hatred, by more hatred? I think we all know where this leads.

I can't wait to hear like stories of Christian brutality.

Such TOLERANT muslims... oh yeah...

islam-6.jpg

islam-5.jpg

islam-4.jpg

islam-3.jpg

islam-2.jpg

islam-1.jpg

islam.jpg

Islam_Will_dominate_World.jpg
Great job of spreading a little religious hatred around the Internet. You might convince a few sick bastards to burn a mosque or kill a few innocent people; a damn good way to bring the terrorist dreams to reality. It only takes one match in the right place to start a forest fire.

You won't hear it from me. My goal is not to start a religious war.

I'm with Willow ~

LINKS, please, to Christian brutality, intolerance and inhumanity, EVEN towards it's own followers,

from say, the past 200 years.

IF you were referring to the Crusades, I've a News Flash for you:

We've come a long way, baby.

Such TOLERANT muslims... oh yeah...

islam-6.jpg

islam-5.jpg

islam-4.jpg

islam-3.jpg

islam-2.jpg

islam-1.jpg

islam.jpg

Islam_Will_dominate_World.jpg
Great job of spreading a little religious hatred around the Internet. You might convince a few sick bastards to burn a mosque or kill a few innocent people; a damn good way to bring the terrorist dreams to reality. It only takes one match in the right place to start a forest fire.

Why are you an apologist?

You won't hear it from me. My goal is not to start a religious war.

You sure as fuck think a lot of yourself donchya? :lol:

1. It is a mosque, and a community center. There are mosques in other countries that contain shopping centers, as well as swimming pools and libraries. that does not make them not a mosque.
  2. You could see it from the towers before they became ground zero, and you will see it from the new tower it they ever get their head out of their ass and build it.
  3. Most do not.
  4. Bullshit, if it was a shrine it would not have a swimming pool.
  5. The builders do not exist, this is nothing more than a bunch of talk at this point, with a bit of flim flam thrown in.
The real miracle will be if it gets built at all, especially considering the taxes owed on the property, and the fact that the developers do not even own half of the block they want to raze.
There is a grain of truth in what you say, but a very small grain. A mosque is defined as a place of worship. Calling the center a mosque would be as stupid as calling the United Nations building or Bellvue Hospital a mosque because they each have a Muslim prayer room. This's why it's called a community center.

It might be of interest to you to know that there was a Muslim prayer room on the 2nd floor of the World Trade Center. Should we then call the World Trade Center a mosque.

There were also 358 WTC Muslim employees that died in the 911 attack. Something the hate mongers seem to ignore.

The Future of Islam - Google Bücher

How are they going against the law???? Tolerance is not saying I love you it is allowing something to happen whether you want it to or not.

Funding is what has stopped this so far, not intolerant Christians.

You really need to look at what tolerance is. I think you have confused with acceptance.

You can quote any idiot out there but when you do keep in mind that just because they get in front of the camera that they do not represent everyone in the group.

Whenever you voice you opposition to a situation does not mean you are not being tolerant it means you are not being accepting.

1) It's going against the law in the sense that the Consititution allows people freedom of religion. These people, in a matter of speaking, are willing to suspend a law in the Constitution (i.e. the right of religion) in order to have the mosque not built. Only the executive branch can perform such an action, but only in a time of absolute peril.

2) Acceptance isn't exactly saying "I love you" either. You can accept something and still disagree with it, dislike it, or flat-out hate it. Al Gore accepted that he lost the election. Didn't mean he didn't like it. It's also like how many KKK members accept the 14th Amendment, despite the fact they strongly disagree with it.

Forum List

Back