My son may have ADHD

I had a meeting with my son's teacher's and school psychologist, and they recommended I take him to a pediatrician that specializes in ADHD etc to be tested for ADHD. Many of you have might already know I have had my son in special programs since before he was two, and that they had diagnosed him with a sensory perception disorder when all this first started.

II have read some on it, but not a lot. The whole thing is scary at this point, for one I have no clue how I feel about medication, how to treat it, and even the diagnoses of ADHD. Feedback, recommendations, stories would be great. Thanks.

There is a huge push to diagnose children with ADHD and many do not have anything more than a very active and lively nature that teachers would prefer to be toned down rather than accepting their job may be a bit more challenging.

They tried to diagnose my own son years ago with ADHD and I refused to allow them to put him on medicine. today? He is fine! How did I know he wasn't ADHD? He was very hyper active but he was also a chess champion. If that isn't attention abundance I don't know what is. So do not worry too much about this but rather google some stories about the overmedicating of our youth today.

its no theory...it is a a fact...there is zero diagnostic evidence of ADHD
there is not a single test or any abnormality in the brain that can be shown in anyone with supposed ADHD..however brain abnormalities can without question be found in children given these drug treatments..these are facts

Damn, you're slow...and my sarcasm is clearly wasted on you.:eusa_hand:

facts and empirical evidence are clearly wasted on you

You haven't presented any facts.

Stick to watching YouTube and the Cartoon Channel, eots. Posting on a message board is clearly to difficult a task for your severely limited intellectual skills.

The ADHD Molecular Genetics Network. Report from the third international meeting of the attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder molecular genetics network. American Journal of Medical Genetics, 2002, 114:272-277.

Facts About ADHD

ADHD is one of the most common neurobehavioral disorders of childhood. It is usually first diagnosed in childhood and often lasts into adulthood. Children with ADHD may have trouble paying attention, controlling impulsive behaviors (may act without thinking about what the result will be), or be overly active.

Last edited:
I had a meeting with my son's teacher's and school psychologist, and they recommended I take him to a pediatrician that specializes in ADHD etc to be tested for ADHD. Many of you have might already know I have had my son in special programs since before he was two, and that they had diagnosed him with a sensory perception disorder when all this first started.

II have read some on it, but not a lot. The whole thing is scary at this point, for one I have no clue how I feel about medication, how to treat it, and even the diagnoses of ADHD. Feedback, recommendations, stories would be great. Thanks.

There is a huge push to diagnose children with ADHD and many do not have anything more than a very active and lively nature that teachers would prefer to be toned down rather than accepting their job may be a bit more challenging.

They tried to diagnose my own son years ago with ADHD and I refused to allow them to put him on medicine. today? He is fine! How did I know he wasn't ADHD? He was very hyper active but he was also a chess champion. If that isn't attention abundance I don't know what is. So do not worry too much about this but rather google some stories about the overmedicating of our youth today.

Correct: Their is no questioning the link between feminization of society and the explosion of ADHD disorder among boys.

Boys are simply more active than girls.

Damn, you're slow...and my sarcasm is clearly wasted on you.:eusa_hand:

Stick to watching YouTube and the Cartoon Channel, eots. Posting on a message board is clearly to difficult a task for your severely limited intellectual skills.

The ADHD Molecular Genetics Network. Report from the third international meeting of the attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder molecular genetics network. American Journal of Medical Genetics, 2002, 114:272-277.

Facts About ADHD

ADHD is one of the most common neurobehavioral disorders of childhood. It is usually first diagnosed in childhood and often lasts into adulthood. Children with ADHD may have trouble paying attention, controlling impulsive behaviors (may act without thinking about what the result will be), or be overly active.

what a clown..there is no genetic test or any other medical test for ADHD

ADHD is diagnosed by" health professionals" who form their opinion by observing a child's behavior. There are no brain scans, blood tests, or anything else definite that is used during diagnosis.

Facts About ADHD

Yeah....I'm going with the credability of the American Journal of Medical Genetics here...not some idiot.

From Samsons junk science site

A child with ADHD might:

have a hard time paying attention
daydream a lot
not seem to listen
be easily distracted from schoolwork or play
forget things
be in constant motion or unable to stay seated
squirm or fidget
talk too much
not be able to play quietly
act and speak without thinking
have trouble taking turns
interrupt others

CDC - ADHD, Facts - NCBDDD

Facts About ADHD

Yeah....I'm going with the credability of the American Journal of Medical Genetics here...not some idiot.

No your not they have made no such claim as a gentic maker for ADHD

From Samsons junk science site

A child with ADHD might:

have a hard time paying attention
daydream a lot
not seem to listen
be easily distracted from schoolwork or play
forget things
be in constant motion or unable to stay seated
squirm or fidget
talk too much
not be able to play quietly
act and speak without thinking
have trouble taking turns
interrupt others

CDC - ADHD, Facts - NCBDDD

From eots "facts:"

opps.......sorry......there are none.

Thanks for playing: Pick up your credability and a ballon of hot air on your way out the door.

Foundation for Excellence in Mental Health Care

Not in Their Genes: A Critical View of the Genetics of
Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

total weight of evidence in favor of a genetic basis or predisposition for ADHD, it is concluded that a role for genetic factors is not supported and that future research should be directed toward psychosocial causes 

http://femhc.org/portals/2/publications/childrenssummit2012/adhd/not_in_their_genes.pdf

Last edited:
If you want to discuss ADHD being something that is made up, start your own thread Eots. I was looking for stories and some helpful hints, not three pages of your tin foil bullshit.

If you want to discuss ADHD being something that is made up, start your own thread Eots. I was looking for stories and some helpful hints, not three pages of your tin foil bullshit.

you are writing off indisputable facts as tinfoil...ask your doctor...there is no medical test of any kind for ADHD it is all based on showing the behaviours listed in samsons site thats it..I am giving you helpful hints from experience...you do not want to give your child methanphetimines

Last edited:
my son has add (not the hyper-active type). He's 31 yrs old now. When he was in 2nd grade he was really struggling to learn to read and concentrate on other work and would cry he didn't want to go to school. He was diagnosed with add, and put on ritalin. At the time it was like a god-send, he excelled! He kept taking it through junior high when he got into wrestling. I thought he was taking it through high school and found out when he decided to enlist in the national guard that he hadn't taken it since he'd been in 9th grade! He wasn't taking it and just throwing the pill out! And he had gone all through high school being in sports and never once did his grades go low where he couldn't participate in sports, he was actually doing real well. He had just decided he didn't want to take it any longer and he had to make himself excel. He's now been in the army for 10 yrs, and just finishing his psy ops training.

So i'd say don't worry about it too much. You might try the medication and see how it helps him for awhile. It did help my son a lot when he was younger, he just learned how to deal with it because he was determined. My husband has adult add (i think he's hyper too!!!). they say it is, or can be, hereditary. i know it's hard to put your kids on medication, but lots of times it can help.....

how can they say its hereditary when there is not a single diagnostic test ?

Follow the chain. My dad has the symptoms, as does my brother, as does my nephew.

my son has add (not the hyper-active type). He's 31 yrs old now. When he was in 2nd grade he was really struggling to learn to read and concentrate on other work and would cry he didn't want to go to school. He was diagnosed with add, and put on ritalin. At the time it was like a god-send, he excelled! He kept taking it through junior high when he got into wrestling. I thought he was taking it through high school and found out when he decided to enlist in the national guard that he hadn't taken it since he'd been in 9th grade! He wasn't taking it and just throwing the pill out! And he had gone all through high school being in sports and never once did his grades go low where he couldn't participate in sports, he was actually doing real well. He had just decided he didn't want to take it any longer and he had to make himself excel. He's now been in the army for 10 yrs, and just finishing his psy ops training.

So i'd say don't worry about it too much. You might try the medication and see how it helps him for awhile. It did help my son a lot when he was younger, he just learned how to deal with it because he was determined. My husband has adult add (i think he's hyper too!!!). they say it is, or can be, hereditary. i know it's hard to put your kids on medication, but lots of times it can help.....

how can they say its hereditary when there is not a single diagnostic test ?

Follow the chain. My dad has the symptoms, as does my brother, as does my nephew.

and what symptoms would those be ???

i'm sure you'll get all the appropriate information and make whatever decisions you need to. i know you won't listen to the idiots who say there's no such thing as ADHD. and don't listen to the idiots who see it under every rock.

good luck. i know he'll be fine.

Forum List

Back