Satire? Nope....Their boy's private kindergarten costs $84,000 a year. They are forcing the public-school district to pay for it.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
My 5-year-old son is entitled to childhood services because of his disabilities.
Two years ago, he was expelled from our public preschool because of his behavior.
My husband and I are broke and broken, but we won't stop fighting for our son to get an education.

As a child with a disability, our 5-year-old son, Oscar, is legally entitled to early childhood services — and risks falling further behind developmentally without them. But two years ago, Oscar was expelled from our local public preschool in our school district because of his behavior, and none of the public therapeutic programs had space.

Oscar was diagnosed with ADHD, generalized anxiety, and features of pathological demand avoidance, meaning that his nervous system triggers a fight-or-flight reaction to perceived losses of autonomy. Sometimes Oscar behaves typically, but other times, seemingly without provocation, Oscar can become dysregulated, aggressive, and nonverbal.

After months of waiting, our school district still hadn't secured him a spot or offered so much as a single appropriate compensatory service, so we felt that we had no choice but to enroll him at a private school for children with sensory differences and learning challenges. We began a long and costly process of seeking tuition reimbursement from our local public-school district."

TLDR. My son is an entitled spoilt brat, like his parents, who we refuse to take care of at home, and the public school refuses to take care of, so we send him to a private school and expect the taxpayer to pay for it. $84,000 per year.

NYC of course.

Individual education programs (IEPs) are determined, designed, and implemented with no regard whatsoever of the system's ability to provide the services. Nothing is beyond consideration or 'too expensive'.

A friends wife is a special needs teacher in NOtVA. She was telling about a retarded, blind, wheelchair bound kid of "recent immigrant" parents that spoke no English.

In the meeting was the parents, a translator, 2 special needs teachers, a Nurse, the principal and an Administrator all trying to come up with an education plan. She said it would cost a couple hundred thousand per year of taxpayer money.

And we wonder why our property taxes are through the roof.

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
R.e67977a985da37c47f50b1e115afe0e3

I get it. This whole "Christian nation" thing is just an excuse some use to justify their hate of others.
Maybe that is why we were not founded as a church ruled nation, purposely allowing people to choose their own religion, religious text or not to adopt an adherence to religion, to avoid being subjugated by various interpretations and use of selected religion text to govern.

My 5-year-old son is entitled to childhood services because of his disabilities.
Two years ago, he was expelled from our public preschool because of his behavior.
My husband and I are broke and broken, but we won't stop fighting for our son to get an education.

As a child with a disability, our 5-year-old son, Oscar, is legally entitled to early childhood services — and risks falling further behind developmentally without them. But two years ago, Oscar was expelled from our local public preschool in our school district because of his behavior, and none of the public therapeutic programs had space.

Oscar was diagnosed with ADHD, generalized anxiety, and features of pathological demand avoidance, meaning that his nervous system triggers a fight-or-flight reaction to perceived losses of autonomy. Sometimes Oscar behaves typically, but other times, seemingly without provocation, Oscar can become dysregulated, aggressive, and nonverbal.

After months of waiting, our school district still hadn't secured him a spot or offered so much as a single appropriate compensatory service, so we felt that we had no choice but to enroll him at a private school for children with sensory differences and learning challenges. We began a long and costly process of seeking tuition reimbursement from our local public-school district."

TLDR. My son is an entitled spoilt brat, like his parents, who we refuse to take care of at home, and the public school refuses to take care of, so we send him to a private school and expect the taxpayer to pay for it. $84,000 per year.

NYC of course.

Individual education programs (IEPs) are determined, designed, and implemented with no regard whatsoever of the system's ability to provide the services. Nothing is beyond consideration or 'too expensive'.

A friends wife is a special needs teacher in NOtVA. She was telling about a retarded, blind, wheelchair bound kid of "recent immigrant" parents that spoke no English.

In the meeting was the parents, a translator, 2 special needs teachers, a Nurse, the principal and an Administrator all trying to come up with an education plan. She said it would cost a couple hundred thousand per year of taxpayer money.

And we wonder why our property taxes are through the roof.
There but for the grace of God go I.

"Entitled spoiled brat"? I got to ask, how damn sad is your life when you spend time digging up this shit and then condemning the parents and the child. From the article it appears these parents are doing the best they can and making great sacrifices to help their child. I guess you would just turn the poor kid over to the state and wash your hands of him. Right to life my ass.

a 5 yr old out of control is not the publics problem to pay for. Home school or hire a babysitter yil the spoiled brat can straighten up enough for regular Public school. Maybe by age 6 1st grade or age 8 3rd grade. Even medication as a last resort may be required?

no way do we take 84K oot of 99.99% regular children to hand out on embellishment stories.

Maybe that is why we were not founded as a church ruled nation, purposely allowing people to choose their own religion, religious text or not to adopt an adherence to religion, to avoid being subjugated by various interpretations and use of selected religion text to govern.

I don't disagree but that's not the argument of many.

Keep him locked in his bedroom for his entire life. That's what a Christian country should do I suppose.
Christianity has nothing to do with this issue.

That you tried to make it an issue is only indicative of the fact you did not derive as much from your time in school as you might have.

Christianity has nothing to do with this issue.

That you tried to make it an issue is only indicative of the fact you did not derive as much from your time in school as you might have.

I disagree.

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Matthew 25:40

There but for the grace of God go I.

"Entitled spoiled brat"? I got to ask, how damn sad is your life when you spend time digging up this shit and then condemning the parents and the child. From the article it appears these parents are doing the best they can and making great sacrifices to help their child. I guess you would just turn the poor kid over to the state and wash your hands of him. Right to life my ass.
Meh, I'm a hard man but I'll tell you this, my kids never saw the inside of a public school and I did it on my own dime.

Forum List

Back