Muslim School Fires Christian Coach

The whole problem I have with this, is this an actual Muslim school or is it just that their population is primarily Muslim, that makes a huge difference in this particular matter.

I agree, and it appears that this was a public school and a teacher with tenure. The superintendent has stated that religion didn't play a role in the firing.

My source said this. Does your say he had tenure, etc?
Former coach sues Dearborn schools | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

David Mustonen, a spokesman for Dearborn Public Schools, said the district had not seen the complaint and would have to review it before making any comment. Marszalek is an at-will employee and not protected under the union contract, so the principal has the right not to extend his contract, Mustonen said. Fadlallah could not be reached for comment.

Now that the dust has settled, Shogun made an interesting point and I'm curious to know how many here think that pedophilia among Catholic priests and the brutality of nuns in Catholic schools is indicative of a tendency to promote violence in the Bible?

Clearly. After all, I read a few web pages on the subject, making me an expert on Christianity and Christian scripture.
:lol:

Here's the link:

Marszalek, a member of the Michigan Wrestling Association's hall of fame, declined comment Monday.
Dearborn Public Schools also declined to comment. John Artis, who was superintendent until last summer, said Marszalek was an at-will employee who reported to the Fordson principal. He said discrimination on the basis of religion had no role in the dismissal.
"There were a number of things tied into that. ... A tough decision had to be made," Artis said.
Coach Claims He Was Fired Because of His Christianity

The whole problem I have with this, is this an actual Muslim school or is it just that their population is primarily Muslim, that makes a huge difference in this particular matter.

I agree, and it appears that this was a public school and a teacher with tenure. The superintendent has stated that religion didn't play a role in the firing.

My source said this. Does your say he had tenure, etc?
Former coach sues Dearborn schools | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

David Mustonen, a spokesman for Dearborn Public Schools, said the district had not seen the complaint and would have to review it before making any comment. Marszalek is an at-will employee and not protected under the union contract, so the principal has the right not to extend his contract, Mustonen said. Fadlallah could not be reached for comment.

No, I hadn't read that last bit. I can't remember which article said he was tenured (I tend to skim through a bunch looking for the common thread), but I'll post it if I can find it.

The one somewhat unbiased news report I read stated he wasn't a teacher with tenure but someone used as needed, or at will...something to that effect. His contract was renewable and the school choose not to renew it.

I think at-will is a description of the state policies. But I"m not completely certain of whether he had tenure or not. I don't think it matters to the case much, though. If he can show discrimination based on religion, it doesn't really matter whether it's an at-will contract or not.

Forum List

Back