Head Coach Suspended over "non-Consensual" Phone Sex, because Woman just Could not Hang Up

I didn't say that, I said the OUTCOME is what they wanted, an excuse to get out from under this contract. I'm sure they would have wanted something else to happen that did not tarnish the university reputation in this way.

You have a distinct inability to understand nuance.
Okay but I don’t think that’s accurate. They hired the guy and paid him hugely. The last thing MSU wanted was another sex scandal.

If you were right, they would have fired him months ago when they became aware of the incident.

The consequences of this will be very negative for the university and the football program.

Of course MSU is going to be publicly be embarassed by this and it is the last thing their image needs, but the reality of shedding $70 million dollars off the books means more than their football coach sullying their reputation.
No way. You think they agreed to that absurdly high contract by mistake. Lol.

If they fired him without cause they have to pay out the contract. They have their lawyers crossing all the T's and dotting all the I's right now.
So? Typical. This doesn’t mean they WANTED to fire him to get out from under the contract.

So? Typical. This doesn’t mean they WANTED to fire him to get out from under the contract.
Clearly you have no clue as to his actual record as a head coach. It was OBVIOUS to the school and the fanbase the contract was a mistake. His only success was beating Michigan.

Clearly you have no clue as to his actual record as a head coach. It was OBVIOUS to the school and the fanbase the contract was a mistake. His only success was beating Michigan.
That doesn’t mean they fired him to get out of the contract.

Of course MSU is going to be publicly be embarassed by this and it is the last thing their image needs, but the reality of shedding $70 million dollars off the books means more than their football coach sullying their reputation.
IDK. This could cost them. A good team puts butts in seats and gets national attention. Look at Colorado. My brother bought season tickets because both his kids are going there this year. If they were good, he'd probably get tickets next year. Instead, this weekend he is giving his kids the tickets and we're going up north to get ready for hunting. Before this happened he was telling me he could NOT go up north when MSU was playing at home. Now I think he is only going up for the UofM game. So this is going to cost them money too.

Let's just say if MSU was going to sue this guy they would argue that he cost them my brother and his wife's seats x 3 years. Because my youngest nephew is a freshman. So they would have purchased season tickets for the rest of the time he is going there. How much do they pay for those tickets? Let's just say $100 a ticket x 2. 6 home games. $1200 my brother alone, lost.

The accused is Mel Tucker, the head football coach at Michigan State University and one of the highest paid coaches in all of sports. Accusing him is Brenda Tracy, a rape survivor who has made educating athletes about sexual violence her life’s work.

Over eight months, they developed a professional relationship centered on her advocacy work. Tucker invited Tracy to campus three times – twice to speak to his players and staff and once to be recognized as an honorary captain at the team's spring football game.

But their relationship was upended during a phone call on April 28, 2022, Tracy says in a complaint she filed with the university’s Title IX office in December that remains under investigation.

According to her complaint, Tracy sat frozen for several minutes while Tucker made sexual comments about her and masturbated. His violation, she said, reopened 25-year-old wounds from her rape by four men – two Oregon State University football players, a junior college player and a high school recruit.

I'm hearing on the radio a lot of sympathy for the coach and a lot of scorn for the woman who claims that, "it didn’t occur to her to hang up," when the coach talked about her buttocks and said he was touching himself. Here is where the Coach actually screwed up:

At first, Tracy tried to pretend to herself that nothing had happened. Her partnership with the school was paramount and she focused on that.

Tucker, however, was not responding to her text messages. And he abruptly canceled her in-person training, planned for July 25, three days before it was supposed to take place. A team staffer told her they had double-booked, but Tracy believed she knew the real reason.

The woman is a professional victim, giving speeches about how powerful men take advantage of helpless women at $10K a pop. Of course she is going to act when the Coach cuts off one of her income streams after "having sex" with her. He should never have been sexual in any way with a woman whose life is re-living sexual abuse for money. I don't care if the "sex" was by Morse Code from the dark side of the Moon. Don't hire a woman like that in the first place and you won't have a messy and expensive parting of the ways.
Another exploitation by a typical gold-digger. When will Biden have to stand trial for his sexual assault on Tara Reade?

Was he emulating Justice Thomas?
Well let's just say when the president gives a speech telling cops it's ok to rough up suspects who are handcuffs, don't be surprised when police brutality increases.

Black men know this reality. A black man can't do what a white man do and expect to keep his job.

They had like 27 calls that were over 30 minutes long. That’s quite voluntary.

It’s obvious.. He ended it, she got mad and made stuff up to get him.

And the college/media side with the liar.

Proof that men’s rights needs to be addressed more

One year doesn’t make a coach.
He has a losing record as a HC and never finished higher than 3rd in the big 10 And makes more than anyone else in the conference. He’s wildly overpaid. Well was anyway. MSU was quietly super excited to have a reason to let him go.

Forum List

Back