Muslim School Fires Christian Coach

If it turns out the coach was proselytizing and trying to convert kids to his religion while on the job, he was rightfully terminated IMO.

Perhaps I read it wrong, but my understanding is that it was at a wrestling camp, which in most cases is technically not on the job.

If it turns out the coach was proselytizing and trying to convert kids to his religion while on the job, he was rightfully terminated IMO.

Perhaps I read it wrong, but my understanding is that it was at a wrestling camp, which in most cases is technically not on the job.
That's what his lawyers are claiming. I'm waiting to see what the outcome of the lawsuit is. Since this story seems to be of interest to mostly only news organizations affiliated with religious organizations it's hard to get info you can rely on.

wrestling camp sponsored by the public school? I'd say it still counts.

I doubt it was sponsored by the school, or that he was being paid for his time.

it doesn't even sound like he was there and it's definitely not sponsored by the school.

"Marszalek’s contract was not renewed because of his association with a Christian volunteer coach, Trey Hancock, who the principal accused of converting a Muslim student to Christianity during a summer camp not connected with the school or Coach Marszalek"

then the conversion is a non-issue. The REAL issue is religious discrimination if this is a public school. If a contract was not renewed because of the association with christians then this principal is asking for a world of pain. IF this is a public school.

it doesn't even sound like he was there and it's definitely not sponsored by the school.

"Marszalek’s contract was not renewed because of his association with a Christian volunteer coach, Trey Hancock, who the principal accused of converting a Muslim student to Christianity during a summer camp not connected with the school or Coach Marszalek"
Which article are you quoting? The link that I posted leads to this in the Detroit Free Press.

A former high school wrestling coach who is Christian filed a lawsuit Monday against Dearborn Public Schools and a high school principal who is Muslim, saying he was terminated because of his association with an assistant who had helped convert a Muslim student to Christianity.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090728/NEWS05/907280339/Former-coach-sues-Dearborn-schools

Last edited:

Which article are you quoting? The link that I posted leads to this in the Detroit Free Press.

A former high school wrestling coach who is Christian filed a lawsuit Monday against Dearborn Public Schools and a high school principal who is Muslim, saying he was terminated because of his association with an assistant who had helped convert a Muslim student to Christianity.

the OP. you should read them once in awhile.

Before anyone pronounces guilty or non guilty in this case, I think it's best to wait till it goes to court.

Exactly :lol: The one whose legitimacy we've been discussing throughout the thread. You should read more than OPs once in awhile.

Now that the dust has settled, Shogun made an interesting point and I'm curious to know how many here think that pedophilia among Catholic priests and the brutality of nuns in Catholic schools is indicative of a tendency to promote violence in the Bible?
:lol:

Exactly :lol: The one whose legitimacy we've been discussing throughout the thread. You should read more than OPs once in awhile.

you do realize that the OP says pretty much the exact same thing as your quote, right?

oh, and your opinion as to the legitimacy of the source of the OP means two things to me- see if you can guess what they are.
:eusa_whistle:

The whole problem I have with this, is this an actual Muslim school or is it just that their population is primarily Muslim, that makes a huge difference in this particular matter.
It's a public school. We've only heard the coaches side of the story though, who knows why he was really fired?

The Muslim dude has a screw loose though if he thinks he can fire someone because of his religious beliefs and conversion rate.

you do realize that the OP says pretty much the exact same thing as your quote, right?

oh, and your opinion as to the legitimacy of the source of the OP means two things to me- see if you can guess what they are.
No it doesn't. Too bad you didn't bother to read both articles before saying that.

No it doesn't. Too bad you didn't bother to read both articles before saying that.

from the OP-"Marszalek’s contract was not renewed because of his association with a Christian volunteer coach, Trey Hancock, who the principal accused of converting a Muslim student to Christianity during a summer camp not connected with the school or Coach Marszalek"

Lawsuit Filed Against Dearborn Schools and Muslim Principal Over Firing of Legendary Christian Wrestling Coach | Catholic Exchange

from DFP-"A former high school wrestling coach who is Christian filed a lawsuit Monday against Dearborn Public Schools and a high school principal who is Muslim, saying he was terminated because of his association with an assistant who had helped convert a Muslim student to Christianity."

Former coach sues Dearborn schools | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

feel free to tell me all about the vast differences in the two.
:rofl:

The whole problem I have with this, is this an actual Muslim school or is it just that their population is primarily Muslim, that makes a huge difference in this particular matter.

I agree, and it appears that this was a public school and a teacher with tenure. The superintendent has stated that religion didn't play a role in the firing. Guess we'll see.

It appears that the student who converted was not yet a student at the high school and that he was attending a private wrestling camp, according to the lawsuit.

Michigan Messenger » Fired wrestling coach files suit against Dearborn Fordson

This should be interesting to see how it unfolds. I don't think the school can legally comment on a pending case though.

from the OP-"Marszalek’s contract was not renewed because of his association with a Christian volunteer coach, Trey Hancock, who the principal accused of converting a Muslim student to Christianity during a summer camp not connected with the school or Coach Marszalek"

Lawsuit Filed Against Dearborn Schools and Muslim Principal Over Firing of Legendary Christian Wrestling Coach*|*Catholic Exchange

from DFP-"A former high school wrestling coach who is Christian filed a lawsuit Monday against Dearborn Public Schools and a high school principal who is Muslim, saying he was terminated because of his association with an assistant who had helped convert a Muslim student to Christianity."

Mine does not give information as to whether the assistant was or was not employed by the school system or what the coach's involvement with the alleged conversion is supposed to have been.

Mine does not mention the incident where the principal is alleged to have punched the student.

But check Officer Crowley's report. I'm sure you'll get all the facts there. :lol:

I agree, and it appears that this was a public school and a teacher with tenure. The superintendent has stated that religion didn't play a role in the firing. Guess we'll see.

It appears that the student who converted was not yet a student at the high school and that he was attending a private wrestling camp, according to the lawsuit.

Michigan Messenger » Fired wrestling coach files suit against Dearborn Fordson

This should be interesting to see how it unfolds. I don't think the school can legally comment on a pending case though.
The one somewhat unbiased news report I read stated he wasn't a teacher with tenure but someone used as needed, or at will...something to that effect. His contract was renewable and the school choose not to renew it.

Lawsuit Filed Against Dearborn Schools and Muslim Principal Over Firing of Legendary Christian Wrestling Coach*|*Catholic Exchange

Mine does not give information as to whether the assistant was or was not employed by the school system or what the coach's involvement with the alleged conversion is supposed to have been.

Mine does not mention the incident where the principal is alleged to have punched the student.

But check Officer Crowley's report. I'm sure you'll get all the facts there. :lol:

are you this stupid in real life?

Now that the dust has settled, Shogun made an interesting point and I'm curious to know how many here think that pedophilia among Catholic priests and the brutality of nuns in Catholic schools is indicative of a tendency to promote violence in the Bible?

Clearly. After all, I read a few web pages on the subject, making me an expert on Christianity and Christian scripture.

New Topics

Forum List

Back