Mitch McConnell: We must cut Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security to reduce the deficit

Do you support cutting Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security?

• Total voters
More than the government did with SS.

Which as we all know, is nothing.
It’s a pay as you go system....

Brilliant rebuttal!

Here you are moaning that people don't save so we need SS so that government can save for us. Yet the government saved nothing. Now instead of some individuals being screwed, we are all screwed.

This is how leftists "think".
The government will always have income, retirees wont.

By "income", you mean confiscating the incomes of the new generations. But who gives a shit, that's not you, so...

Big "brain" solutions indeed. Now if only you could come up with an easy answer to the 150 trillion dollar question which is, who is going to pay for the leftist created mess? Because I am not sure if you have realized, the young and strong may not be so happy about your plan for their wage slavery.
It’s a pay as you go system. I’m fine paying for those who are collecting now.

Well I and many others are not.

If the old can't even pay for their own retirement, I sure as hell am not paying for someone else's retirement.

Repeating the name of the atrocious system is not an argument. Further, hard leftists are of course fine with the system because they don't contribute anyway. Taking incomes from people so that they can appear decent is the wet dream for them.

This couldn't be stated enough.
WTF did these far rightwing palookas expect!?!?
Reminds me of that latest CNN panel of Trump supporters that are shocked, SHOCKED, that Trump is turning out to be a terrible President.

It's pretty horrific and demonstrates to everyone the extensive damage that a populist/demagogue can do.

It’s a pay as you go system....

Brilliant rebuttal!

Here you are moaning that people don't save so we need SS so that government can save for us. Yet the government saved nothing. Now instead of some individuals being screwed, we are all screwed.

By "income", you mean confiscating the incomes of the new generations. But who gives a shit, that's not you, so...

Big "brain" solutions indeed. Now if only you could come up with an easy answer to the 150 trillion dollar question which is, who is going to pay for the leftist created mess? Because I am not sure if you have realized, the young and strong may not be so happy about your plan for their wage slavery.

If the old can't even pay for their own retirement, I sure as hell am not paying for someone else's retirement.

Repeating the name of the atrocious system is not an argument. Further, hard leftists are of course fine with the system because they don't contribute anyway. Taking incomes from people so that they can appear decent is the wet dream for them.
You didn’t my seem to make sense. If you are paying now you will collect later.

No politician in the past 40 years has suggested "cutting Social Security." Period.

What you year - if you are not too stupid to listen closely - is DEMOCRATS claiming that Republicans are planning to cut Social Security.

ARE YOU TOO FUCKING STUPID TO SEE THAT???????

Emotional kneejerking is all the rage these days. And yes, as a result, that makes 'em stupid...

I never thought this would happen. I voted for Trump in the primaries, and for him again in the general election. I love his presidency and his accomplishments, but all of a sudden now the bottom is starting to fall out of the Republican party.

Mitch McConnell is saying that we now need to cut Social Security and Medicare. Whaaat ? Is this man crazy ? He's not alone. He's got Paul Ryan on board with him. Hopefully, if these nutjobs go through with this in the Congress, Trump will shut it all down with a presidential veto.

The Newsweek article I saw on this said that Democrats are ready to pounce on Republicans who put this forward, They're not the only ones. A lot of us Republicans will pounce on them too, as I'm doing right now.

1. If you want to kill the Republican party, this is the sure way of doing it. Older people vote in droves, and will simply not tolerate cuts in our already too small incomes. This would be the greatest gift Republicans could ever give to Democrats.

2. Older people have worked their butts off for 50 or 60 years, paying into this. Not right to cut it back from them.

3. If you want to cut entitlements, how about getting rid of millions of illegal foreigner leeches, who are sucking up waay too much of the federal budget ? Jail politicians passing sanctuary city laws. Abolish birthright citizenship for kids of foreigners.

4. Cut govt waste, but Social Security and Medicare are not waste.
Why would anyone be an R or a D? What a terrible waste.

Brilliant rebuttal!

Good one! You believe social security will be around when I retire? There is no way the new generations will let it go on as the taxes increase, increase and... increase even more. Further even if it remains unchanged the return will be minuscule compared to the market return.

There is a reason why ponzi schemes are illegal in the private sector. Mandating the children foot your bills while attempting to ride on the high horse... only a moron could fall for this.

I never thought this would happen. I voted for Trump in the primaries, and for him again in the general election. I love his presidency and his accomplishments, but all of a sudden now the bottom is starting to fall out of the Republican party.

Mitch McConnell is saying that we now need to cut Social Security and Medicare. Whaaat ? Is this man crazy ? He's not alone. He's got Paul Ryan on board with him. Hopefully, if these nutjobs go through with this in the Congress, Trump will shut it all down with a presidential veto.

The Newsweek article I saw on this said that Democrats are ready to pounce on Republicans who put this forward, They're not the only ones. A lot of us Republicans will pounce on them too, as I'm doing right now.

1. If you want to kill the Republican party, this is the sure way of doing it. Older people vote in droves, and will simply not tolerate cuts in our already too small incomes. This would be the greatest gift Republicans could ever give to Democrats.

2. Older people have worked their butts off for 50 or 60 years, paying into this. Not right to cut it back from them.

3. If you want to cut entitlements, how about getting rid of millions of illegal foreigner leeches, who are sucking up waay too much of the federal budget ? Jail politicians passing sanctuary city laws. Abolish birthright citizenship for kids of foreigners.

They are unsustainable, SS is going to be completely bankrupt in 10, maybe 20 years if we’re lucky. SS is just a government ran Ponzi scheme, no connotation intended. What ponzi did was took on an initial group of investors, then took on a second larger group of investors and paid off the first group of investors with the second groups investment. Then he got a third larger group of investors, and paid off the 2nd group. This went on and on, till he had a couple of million or so investors, until he ran out of investors...which left a lot of unhappy people, by unhappy I mean fucking furious beyond all comprehension.

Americans are having less kids than ever before, so we’re “running out of investors” to cover the cost. And on top of that people are living longer and longer, and medical technology is rapidly getting better. Also, things like cars, or tools, or working conditions are much safer so more people aren’t uneccasarily croaking at a youngish age. So, it doesn’t take much mental generalized math to realize, oh shit, this isn’t going to hold up. What happens in 15 years when people have been paying into SS for their entire lives, then when it’s their turn to cash in, they hear there’s nothing left for you? Well, something has got to give. You can increase taxes to sustain for a bit longer the unsustainable, or you could raise the age 5 years or so until you start receiving SS benefits. It’s a hard conversation that no one wants to have, but it is a necessary one non the less. I’m actually pleasantly surprised they are being somewhat responsible in bringing it up despite its unpopularity.

Why would anyone be an R or a D? What a terrible waste.

Libertarians, when young, were the kids chosen last when picking teams in the neighborhood.

Good one! You believe social security will be around when I retire? There is no way the new generations will let it go on as the taxes increase, increase and... increase even more. Further even if it remains unchanged the return will be minuscule compared to the market return.

There is a reason why ponzi schemes are illegal in the private sector. Letting children foot your bills... what a barbaric way.
It will be around as long as people are working and paying taxes. You notice the dow is below the highs of January?

Cut it!

Here is what you do. Illegals cost American Tax Payers $155 Billion a year in Unfunded Medicaid, Medicare, and SSI Benefits.

Cut off all benefits to all Illegals, and Medicaid, Medicare, and SSI funds itself.

Tell Lefty you are no longer going to allow him to throw Granny Off The Cliff and give "Bad Hombres" her Wheel Chair and her benefits!
toon120428.jpg

Illegalls don't receive any of those services.
Bullshit.
Bullshit on your Bullshit. Prove to me Illegal Immigrants are not costing the tax payers exorbitant amounts of money or STFU.

Again, tell me why you want to throw Granny off of the cliff and give her Social Security and Medicaid to "Bad Hombres" who don't pay taxes?

IRS Admits It Encourages Illegals To Steal Social Security Numbers For Taxes

toon120428.jpg

There is a reason why ponzi schemes are illegal in the private sector. Letting children foot your bills... what a barbaric way.
It will be around as long as people are working and paying taxes. You notice the dow is below the highs of January?

Even if it will be around it will still be a shitty deal. There obviously is no reason for anyone who is young and not a leftist loser to support the system. Bernie Madoff gave better returns.

Which is why it should be completely reformed.

I do think your optimism is unfounded. Personally I wouldn't be confident that even the current US government will be around when I retire. Even if it is, the premise that people will stand for the idiocy is... idiotic.

Cut it!

Here is what you do. Illegals cost American Tax Payers $155 Billion a year in Unfunded Medicaid, Medicare, and SSI Benefits.

Cut off all benefits to all Illegals, and Medicaid, Medicare, and SSI funds itself.

Tell Lefty you are no longer going to allow him to throw Granny Off The Cliff and give "Bad Hombres" her Wheel Chair and her benefits!
toon120428.jpg

Illegalls don't receive any of those services.

Whether they do or do not, simply cut off everything.

No benefits, no school, no housing, no jobs, no business licenses, no nothing.

Null.

Even if it will be around it will still be a shitty deal. There obviously is no reason for anyone who is young and not a leftist loser to support the system. Bernie Madoff gave better returns.

I do think your optimism is unfounded. Personally I wouldn't be confident that even the current US government will be around when I retire. The premise that people will stand for the idiocy is... idiotic.
If the gov isn’t around how much you saved probably won’t matter. Hope nobody invested heavily in sears for retirement.

I do think your optimism is unfounded. Personally I wouldn't be confident that even the current US government will be around when I retire. The premise that people will stand for the idiocy is... idiotic.
If the gov isn’t around how much you saved probably won’t matter. Hope nobody invested heavily in sears for retirement.

Of course it will matter how much I saved. Just because a government is reformed does not mean the whole planet is going to end. However, social security almost certainly will end in any case, because no one wants to pay for your 150 trillion fuck up.

Of course it will matter how much I saved. Just because a government is reformed does not mean the whole planet is going to end. However, social security almost certainly will end in any case, because no one wants to pay for your 150 trillion fuck up.
Yeah reforming governments works well.

Has it occurred to you to that you can actually participate in the discussion instead of making irrelevant one liners?

In any case, social security is terrible deal for the young, and the old voted it in for their benefit... so the OP has no business whining when the young decide to take the free stuff away for their benefit. Moral of the story, don't attempt to make other people pay for your shit and then expect them to not make decisions for their own benefit when they are in charge.

Has it occurred to you to that you can actually participate in the discussion instead of making irrelevant one liners?

In any case, social security is terrible deal for the young, and the old voted it in for their benefit... so the OP has no business whining when the young decide to take the free stuff away for their benefit. Moral of the story, don't attempt to make other people pay for your shit.
Those young will be sad when they haven’t saved shit for retirement.

In any case, social security is terrible deal for the young, and the old voted it in for their benefit... so the OP has no business whining when the young decide to take the free stuff away for their benefit. Moral of the story, don't attempt to make other people pay for your shit.

Listen to Brain. He's logical and lives in reality.

Well here; I'll throw you a bone.

This will make you feel even better while you are having GOP voter remorse.

Trump: Ask Every Cabinet Member to CUT 5% From Budgets

Forum List

Back