Cuts to SS and Medicare

Let's step back a moment and examine the actual purposes of Social Security from the perspective of its Founders for a moment, rather than just continuing to entertain its many would be, rabid revisionists:
The Social Security Act (Act of August 14, 1935) [H. R. 7260]
An act to provide for the general welfare by establishing a system of Federal old-age benefits, and by enabling the several States to make more adequate provision for aged persons, blind persons, dependent and crippled children, maternal and child welfare, public health, and the administration of their unemployment compensation laws; to establish a Social Security Board; to raise revenue; and for other purposes.

He's right. The Founding Fathers didn't make a social security system. If we didn't need one back then, we don't need one now.
Sounds like a plan. Now if we can just get old people to plant gardens and hunt for food, live with their kids till they die, or wtf, die early. Dying early is the republican plan for anyone who needs a hand. Unless of course it’s a republican in need. Then they’re first in line for a hand out….tax free of charge of course.

"Gig" workers fall into two different categories. When someone hires a "gig" worker that functions as a small business, then the SS tax of 12.4% is paid by the business owners. For example if I run a small consulting company. On the other hand another type of "gig" worker is the independent contractor, the company employing the independent contractor issues a 1099 to the contractor and to the IRS, the independent contractor is than responsible for paying taxes. I've done some database creation consulting as an independent contractor, ensuring that I charge enough that the contracting company pays enough to cover FICA taxes is part of the calculation when setting an amount.

For tip workers they already SS Tax, they are required under the law to report their tips. Employers must track tips and the employee pays 6.2% and the employer is required to pay the other 6.2% based on tips.

Delivery drivers already pay SS Tax on earnings.

So let's see:
  • Gig workers (self employed business - already paying)
  • Gig workers (independent contractors - already paying)
  • Service workers where tips are a large part of income - already paying
  • Rideshare Drivers and Delivery Service Drivers (Uber, Lyft, GrubHub, InstaCart, etc.) - already paying
But is sounds like you are squarely in the camp of raising taxes on the poor and middle class right?

So would you do it on wages or would you agree with me that the way to increase tax revenues is to have a small tax on other types of income (interest, dividends, short term stocks, capital gains)?

WW
Poor and middle class?

Everyone must pay for their benefits!!!!!

Benefits are based on the average of individual contributions over 35years.

No one is raising anything. Just simply trying to collect what was unpaid.

Do you honestly believe that self reporting of tipped wages is accurate in any way?

What benefit comes with the tax on capital gains?

Let's step back a moment and examine the actual purposes of Social Security from the perspective of its Founders for a moment, rather than just continuing to entertain its many would be, rabid revisionists:
Where are benefits based on individual contributions excluded?

How does your plan pay for itself?

Sounds like a plan. Now if we can just get old people to plant gardens and hunt for food, live with their kids till they die, or wtf, die early. Dying early is the republican plan for anyone who needs a hand. Unless of course it’s a republican in need. Then they’re first in line for a hand out….tax free of charge of course.
Old people should have been aware that they would be old some day. :rolleyes:

Retirement awareness needs to be taught before high school graduation. It’s a lifelong process requiring decades to realize.

resize

I’ll say this slowly. I don’t give a fk what you post. It’s made up shit. Denier. You sound irritated. It’s a good day.
So you confirm you are a lying sack of shit. You would be the last one on the board to acknowledge it.

As you know, Social Security was sold to us as a SUPPLEMENTAL income for the last couple of years of life. Not as a retirement plan.

All four of my grandparents were immigrants from Scandinavia. My mother's father came here with a fourth-grade education and nothing else. He, like all four, was sponsored by friends or relatives in Chicago. That meant the sponsor would support them if they could not get work, not the government.

First, my grandfather drove a horse-drawn milk wagon, onto street cars for Chicago and then busses. Along the line, he bought several apartment buildings and put his son and two daughters through college.

Personal%20Responsibility-S.jpg

Ha ha. SS and Medicare are far from being unfunded. The big donor sponsored GOP will see to that. They’ll keep the tax payer dollars flowing into the hands of their corporate sponsors. Greedy bastardized repugnants want everything for nothing.
Ha, ha back. Thank you for conceding that you have no clue as to what are unfunded liabilities.

"Unfunded liabilities are debt obligations that do not have sufficient funds set aside to pay them. These liabilities generally refer to the U.S. government's debts or pension plans and their impact on savings and investment securities. Unfunded liabilities can have a significant negative impact on the general economic health of a nation or corporation."

Ha, ha back. Thank you for conceding that you have no clue as to what are unfunded liabilities.

"Unfunded liabilities are debt obligations that do not have sufficient funds set aside to pay them. These liabilities generally refer to the U.S. government's debts or pension plans and their impact on savings and investment securities. Unfunded liabilities can have a significant negative impact on the general economic health of a nation or corporation."
$181 trillion right now.

Forum List

Back