Mitch McConnell: We must cut Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security to reduce the deficit

Do you support cutting Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security?

• Total voters
I never thought this would happen. I voted for Trump in the primaries, and for him again in the general election. I love his presidency and his accomplishments, but all of a sudden now the bottom is starting to fall out of the Republican party.

Mitch McConnell is saying that we now need to cut Social Security and Medicare. Whaaat ? Is this man crazy ? He's not alone. He's got Paul Ryan on board with him. Hopefully, if these nutjobs go through with this in the Congress, Trump will shut it all down with a presidential veto.

The Newsweek article I saw on this said that Democrats are ready to pounce on Republicans who put this forward, They're not the only ones. A lot of us Republicans will pounce on them too, as I'm doing right now.

1. If you want to kill the Republican party, this is the sure way of doing it. Older people vote in droves, and will simply not tolerate cuts in our already too small incomes. This would be the greatest gift Republicans could ever give to Democrats.

2. Older people have worked their butts off for 50 or 60 years, paying into this. Not right to cut it back from them.

3. If you want to cut entitlements, how about getting rid of millions of illegal foreigner leeches, who are sucking up waay too much of the federal budget ? Jail politicians passing sanctuary city laws. Abolish birthright citizenship for kids of foreigners.

4. Cut govt waste, but Social Security and Medicare are not waste.

You can't tell me you didn't see this coming. They telegraphed this years ago. They run up the deficit with huge tax cuts for the uber wealthy. Then insist that they need to reduce the deficit by making deep slashes in medicare, food stamps and social security.

Its one of the most cynical, heinous moves imaginable. But its pure GOP.

Its not great secret. The question is more when they'll try and do it. Not if.

Will GOP Cut Social Security And Medicare Before Or After The 2018 Election?

I never thought this would happen. I voted for Trump in the primaries, and for him again in the general election. I love his presidency and his accomplishments, but all of a sudden now the bottom is starting to fall out of the Republican party.

Mitch McConnell is saying that we now need to cut Social Security and Medicare. Whaaat ? Is this man crazy ? He's not alone. He's got Paul Ryan on board with him. Hopefully, if these nutjobs go through with this in the Congress, Trump will shut it all down with a presidential veto.

The Newsweek article I saw on this said that Democrats are ready to pounce on Republicans who put this forward, They're not the only ones. A lot of us Republicans will pounce on them too, as I'm doing right now.

1. If you want to kill the Republican party, this is the sure way of doing it. Older people vote in droves, and will simply not tolerate cuts in our already too small incomes. This would be the greatest gift Republicans could ever give to Democrats.

2. Older people have worked their butts off for 50 or 60 years, paying into this. Not right to cut it back from them.

3. If you want to cut entitlements, how about getting rid of millions of illegal foreigner leeches, who are sucking up waay too much of the federal budget ? Jail politicians passing sanctuary city laws. Abolish birthright citizenship for kids of foreigners.

Social Security is a Ponzi scheme. Politicians simply steal from the fund so that there is nothing left.

What you want is to just print money out of thin air to keep it going.

Now that pensions are all but gone people need social security more than ever...
fking leftists fked the pension system as well. pyramid schemes just don't work.
We are going to have a lot of future problems with retirees.
how?
Pensions are gone, you think people are going to save enough? Ha
I did, I have a 401K, I control the amount of investment I get. Tell me, do pensions give individuals the right to say how their money was invested? hmmmmmmm

Now that pensions are all but gone people need social security more than ever...
fking leftists fked the pension system as well. pyramid schemes just don't work.
how?

More than the government did with SS.

Which as we all know, is nothing.

how?
I did, I have a 401K, I control the amount of investment I get. Tell me, do pensions give individuals the right to say how their money was invested? hmmmmmmm
It’s funny you think people will.

how?

It’s a pay as you go system....

how?

Brilliant rebuttal!

Here you are moaning that idiot leftists don't save so we need SS so that government can save for us. Yet the government saved nothing. Now instead of some individuals being screwed, we are all screwed.

This is how leftists "think".

They should cut SS, there are thousands of people who get 100,000 a year who for some reason draw on the SS fund and they don't need it but greed know no bounderys. I don't know where the cut off amount should be but some limits and cuts needs to be done.

how?

Brilliant rebuttal!

Here you are moaning that people don't save so we need SS so that government can save for us. Yet the government saved nothing. Now instead of some individuals being screwed, we are all screwed.

The government will always have income, retirees wont.

Don't worry you already killed it by electing Trump.
Blue wave coming this November 2018

But when you give wealthy people tax cuts to stimulate an already good economy--sending inflation soaring-while-ballooning MILITARY spending what in the hell did you think they were going to do about Social Security & Medicare--:auiqs.jpg:
Are Trump's tax cuts backfiring on Wall Street?

d171a7a22b68e7d3448c530d4d5ce4b9.jpg

Repuublicans have been bitching about these two programs for the last 15 years.

Democrats wouldn't have done that. Maybe you are in the wrong party. VOTE BLUE this midterm.

That picture is supposed to be a joke. But it's the truth, there is no money in social security... so the only question is how much to tax the new generation to pay for promises they didn't vote for.

The leftists of course want to tax everyone for any reason as they are the losers of society.
Back a long time ago, Congress give IOUs to the SS fund. They need to pay it back.

Hey, protectionist, PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO SOMEONE ACCURATELY QUOTING THE AFORESAID PERSONAGES, VERIFYING THAT THEY HAVE TRULY SUGGESTED CUTTING SOCIAL SECURITY AND/OR MEDICARE.

IF YOU CANNOT DO THAT, THEN STFU ON THE SUBJECT.

Thank you.

Brilliant rebuttal!

Here you are moaning that people don't save so we need SS so that government can save for us. Yet the government saved nothing. Now instead of some individuals being screwed, we are all screwed.

By "income", you mean confiscating the incomes of the new generations. But who gives a shit, that's not you, so...

Big "brain" solutions indeed. Now if only you could come up with an easy answer to the 150 trillion dollar question which is, who is going to pay for the leftist created mess? Because I am not sure if you have realized, the young and strong may not be so content about your plan for their wage slavery.

No politician in the past 40 years has suggested "cutting Social Security." Period.

What you year - if you are not too stupid to listen closely - is DEMOCRATS claiming that Republicans are planning to cut Social Security.

ARE YOU TOO FUCKING STUPID TO SEE THAT???????

Brilliant rebuttal!

By "income", you mean confiscating the incomes of the new generations. But who gives a shit, that's not you, so...

Big "brain" solutions indeed. Now if only you could come up with an easy answer to the 150 trillion dollar question which is, who is going to pay for the leftist created mess? Because I am not sure if you have realized, the young and strong may not be so happy about your plan for their wage slavery.
It’s a pay as you go system. I’m fine paying for those who are collecting now.

///Well if you think about it the Wetbacks who come across the border and when they bring the old people over they can get SSI and never pay a nickel into the fund. Please send more the Democrats will take care of them with Money, Food, Medical housing, the Good life

Forum List

Back