Mitch McConnell: We must cut Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security to reduce the deficit

Do you support cutting Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security?

• Total voters
Even if it will be around it will still be a shitty deal. There obviously is no reason for anyone who is young and not a leftist loser to support the system. Bernie Madoff gave better returns.

Which is why it should be completely reformed.

I do think your optimism is unfounded. Personally I wouldn't be confident that even the current US government will be around when I retire. The premise that people will stand for the idiocy is... idiotic.
If the gov isn’t around how much you saved probably won’t matter. Hope nobody invested heavily in sears for retirement.

Of course it will matter how much I saved. Just because a government is reformed does not mean the whole planet is going to end. However, social security almost certainly will end in any case, because no one wants to pay for your 150 trillion fuck up.
Yeah reforming governments works well.

Has it occurred to you to that you can actually participate in the discussion instead of making irrelevant one liners?

In any case, social security is terrible deal for the young, and the old voted it in for their benefit... so the OP has no business whining when the young decide to take the free stuff away for their benefit. Moral of the story, don't attempt to make other people pay for your shit.
Those young will be sad when they haven’t saved shit for retirement.

Has it occurred to you that just like we can mandate them pay for the retirements of the old... we can mandate for them to pay for the retirement of their own?

Wow! it's like magic...

I never thought this would happen. I voted for Trump in the primaries, and for him again in the general election. I love his presidency and his accomplishments, but all of a sudden now the bottom is starting to fall out of the Republican party.

Mitch McConnell is saying that we now need to cut Social Security and Medicare. Whaaat ? Is this man crazy ? He's not alone. He's got Paul Ryan on board with him. Hopefully, if these nutjobs go through with this in the Congress, Trump will shut it all down with a presidential veto.

The Newsweek article I saw on this said that Democrats are ready to pounce on Republicans who put this forward, They're not the only ones. A lot of us Republicans will pounce on them too, as I'm doing right now.

1. If you want to kill the Republican party, this is the sure way of doing it. Older people vote in droves, and will simply not tolerate cuts in our already too small incomes. This would be the greatest gift Republicans could ever give to Democrats.

2. Older people have worked their butts off for 50 or 60 years, paying into this. Not right to cut it back from them.

3. If you want to cut entitlements, how about getting rid of millions of illegal foreigner leeches, who are sucking up waay too much of the federal budget ? Jail politicians passing sanctuary city laws. Abolish birthright citizenship for kids of foreigners.

4. Cut govt waste, but Social Security and Medicare are not waste.
what are you going on about? fking eh, they should stop SS and revamp Medicare. yes sirreee.
This what most Republicans believe. They will not admit it openly. They want to end Social Security and Medicare. They want to turn this nation into a 19th century shithole. Don't let them do it.

If the gov isn’t around how much you saved probably won’t matter. Hope nobody invested heavily in sears for retirement.

Of course it will matter how much I saved. Just because a government is reformed does not mean the whole planet is going to end. However, social security almost certainly will end in any case, because no one wants to pay for your 150 trillion fuck up.

Has it occurred to you to that you can actually participate in the discussion instead of making irrelevant one liners?

In any case, social security is terrible deal for the young, and the old voted it in for their benefit... so the OP has no business whining when the young decide to take the free stuff away for their benefit. Moral of the story, don't attempt to make other people pay for your shit.

Has it occurred to you that just like we can mandate them pay for the retirements of the old... we can mandate for them to pay for the retirement of their own?

Wow! it's like magic...
Yeah magic, and what happens to the retired who already paid in?

You going to mandate what corps they invest in too?

I never thought this would happen. I voted for Trump in the primaries, and for him again in the general election. I love his presidency and his accomplishments, but all of a sudden now the bottom is starting to fall out of the Republican party.

Mitch McConnell is saying that we now need to cut Social Security and Medicare. Whaaat ? Is this man crazy ? He's not alone. He's got Paul Ryan on board with him. Hopefully, if these nutjobs go through with this in the Congress, Trump will shut it all down with a presidential veto.

The Newsweek article I saw on this said that Democrats are ready to pounce on Republicans who put this forward, They're not the only ones. A lot of us Republicans will pounce on them too, as I'm doing right now.

1. If you want to kill the Republican party, this is the sure way of doing it. Older people vote in droves, and will simply not tolerate cuts in our already too small incomes. This would be the greatest gift Republicans could ever give to Democrats.

2. Older people have worked their butts off for 50 or 60 years, paying into this. Not right to cut it back from them.

3. If you want to cut entitlements, how about getting rid of millions of illegal foreigner leeches, who are sucking up waay too much of the federal budget ? Jail politicians passing sanctuary city laws. Abolish birthright citizenship for kids of foreigners.

Yeah it then both. I could use the money on my family instead of some dumbass who was not wise with their money.

what are you going on about? fking eh, they should stop SS and revamp Medicare. yes sirreee.
This what most Republicans believe. They will not admit it openly. They want to end Social Security and Medicare. They want to turn this nation into a 19th century shithole. Don't let them do it.

It's precisely these programs that will fuel a civil war and at least temporarily put us back to the 19th century.

No one will be wanting to pay for 200 trillions of your free shit.

Everyone who knows a first thing about the programs know that they are ponzi scheme financed nightmares.

I too cut ties with them.

“If you want to cut entitlements, how about getting rid of millions of illegal foreigner leeches, who are sucking up waay too much of the federal budget ? Jail politicians passing sanctuary city laws. Abolish birthright citizenship for kids of foreigners.”

lol

Here’s an example of the ignorance, hate, bigotry, and stupidity common to most on the right.

Those determined to be in the country illegally aren’t eligible for ‘entitlements’; and only LPRAs are eligible for benefits after being in the country for at least five years.

Those undocumented aren’t ‘entitled’ to any ongoing benefits; refugees receiving assistance through programs such as RAP constitute a miniscule percentage of the overall Federal budget.

Yes, most conservatives are truly the hateful and stupid.

Even if your epiphany is true - they gave us plenty of warning that this was their plan. Why are you surprised? Rich people don't depend on Medicare, Social Security, and Medicaid.

DptqJCaXUAAqCjh.jpg
This couldn't be stated enough.

WTF did these far rightwing palookas expect!?!?

Reminds me of that latest CNN panel of Trump supporters that are shocked, SHOCKED, that Trump is turning out to be a terrible President.

Still butthurt Marc? You’re like on of the players I used to smoke playing hoops crying that the shots were lucky. Aka sore loser.

Wow! it's like magic...

The retirees didn't pay into anything but government programs for themselves. If they actually paid into something there would be no problem.

Obviously, their benefits are cut... duh. Then maybe their children as well have a chance of getting at least half of what they are getting.

Wow! it's like magic...

The retirees didn't pay into anything but government programs for themselves. If they actually paid into something there would be no problem.

Obviously, their benefits are cut... duh. Then maybe their children as well have a chance of getting at least half of what they are getting.
So you’d throw retirees out into the streets. Great plan.

Aat some point you have to pull the bandaid off and address the wound.

Also the lack of funding for the wall should be the breaking point.

The GOP by and large have become Democrat Lite.

“If you want to cut entitlements, how about getting rid of millions of illegal foreigner leeches, who are sucking up waay too much of the federal budget ? Jail politicians passing sanctuary city laws. Abolish birthright citizenship for kids of foreigners.”

lol

Here’s an example of the ignorance, hate, bigotry, and stupidity common to most on the right.

Those determined to be in the country illegally aren’t eligible for ‘entitlements’; and only LPRAs are eligible for benefits after being in the country for at least five years.

Those undocumented aren’t ‘entitled’ to any ongoing benefits; refugees receiving assistance through programs such as RAP constitute a miniscule percentage of the overall Federal budget.

Yes, most conservatives are truly the hateful and stupid.

I guess you're just stupid then.

Medicaid Helps Hospitals Pay For Illegal Immigrants’ Care

Federal law generally bars illegal immigrants from being covered by Medicaid. But a little-known part of the state-federal health insurance program for the poor has long paid about $2 billion a year for emergency treatment for a group of patients who, according to hospitals, mostly comprise illegal immigrants.

Medicaid Helps Hospitals Pay For Illegal Immigrants’ Care

The Republican Party died a long time ago. It is dead, dead, dead.

I held out hope for far too long that the membership would wake up to the fact the party has been hijacked by hucksters, liars, hypocrites, bigots, and retards. I finally gave up last year and retired my lifetime Republican membership and changed my voter registration to Independent.

As for Social Security and Medicare, we need to immediately raise the eligibility age to 70. We are living DECADES longer than our ancestors who established Social Security. We should be working longer. That's just plain common sense.

If we raised the eligibility age to 70, and automatically indexed it to 9 percent of the population going foward, then eliminated the $1.4 trillion of tax expenditures (government gifts) in our tax code, we would find ourselves with a MASSIVE budget surplus which we could use to lower tax rates for EVERYONE and pay down the debt.

Now that pensions are all but gone people need social security more than ever...

Along with those who lost their jobs during the Great Recession.

Social Security and Medicare are necessary and important, they work, and they’re successful – that’s the reason why conservatives hate both programs.

If they're such great programs, why aren't the voluntary?

Forum List

Back