Cuts to SS and Medicare

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014

Rick Scott

“All federal legislation sunsets in 5 years. If a law is worth keeping, Congress can pass it again,” the document said.

This would require Congress to renew Social Security and Medicare every five years. Scott’s proposal also called for a yearly report from Congress “telling the public what they plan to do when Social Security and Medicare go bankrupt.”

Mike Pence

Former Vice President Mike Pence, who has indicated that he is considering a bid for the presidency in 2024, said last week that a conversation needs to be had about reforming Social Security.

Mike Lee

When Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) initially ran for Senate in 2010, he called for the complete elimination of Social Security.

“It will be my objective to phase out Social Security, to pull it up by the roots and get rid of it,” Lee said at a campaign event in 2010, adding, “There’s going to be growing pains associated with doing this. We can’t do it all at once.”

Ron Johnson

Similar to Scott, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) has suggested that Congress regularly renew the entitlement programs. However, Johnson has proposed that it be done on an annual basis.

“I’ve been saying for as long as I’ve been here that we should transfer everything, put everything on budget so we have to consider it if every year. I’ve said that consistently, it’s nothing new,” Johnson told “The Regular Joe Show” podcast last August.

Lindsey Graham

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) suggested in a debate in June that a bipartisan compromise on the issue will likely mean that “people like me are going to have to take a little less and pay a little more in.”

Sunset and people like me are going to take less. Believe me, when they take the Senate and the House majority (if they do), they can do anything they want with SS and Original Medicare.

Rick Scott

“All federal legislation sunsets in 5 years. If a law is worth keeping, Congress can pass it again,” the document said.

This would require Congress to renew Social Security and Medicare every five years. Scott’s proposal also called for a yearly report from Congress “telling the public what they plan to do when Social Security and Medicare go bankrupt.”

Mike Pence

Former Vice President Mike Pence, who has indicated that he is considering a bid for the presidency in 2024, said last week that a conversation needs to be had about reforming Social Security.

Mike Lee

When Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) initially ran for Senate in 2010, he called for the complete elimination of Social Security.

“It will be my objective to phase out Social Security, to pull it up by the roots and get rid of it,” Lee said at a campaign event in 2010, adding, “There’s going to be growing pains associated with doing this. We can’t do it all at once.”

Ron Johnson

Similar to Scott, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) has suggested that Congress regularly renew the entitlement programs. However, Johnson has proposed that it be done on an annual basis.

“I’ve been saying for as long as I’ve been here that we should transfer everything, put everything on budget so we have to consider it if every year. I’ve said that consistently, it’s nothing new,” Johnson told “The Regular Joe Show” podcast last August.

Lindsey Graham

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) suggested in a debate in June that a bipartisan compromise on the issue will likely mean that “people like me are going to have to take a little less and pay a little more in.”

Sunset and people like me are going to take less. Believe me, when they take the Senate and the House majority (if they do), they can do anything they want with SS and Original Medicare.
No one wants to take away your social security and medicaid

But those programs should be part of any effort to reign in our runaway federal deficit

No one wants to take away your social security and medicaid
But those programs should be part of any effort to reign in our runaway federal deficit
Exactly. SS is easy to fix. Raise the cap, and add a year to the ages,
The SS fix is tougher.

My recommendation is to add a new Federal Sales Tax of about 4%. I don't see any other way to raise enough money.
Also, I want to see another "Grace Commission" to eliminate waste, and duplication in the Federal government.

Rick Scott

Mike Pence

Mike Lee

Ron Johnson

Lindsey Graham

FLASHBACK: Biden introduced bill to sunset all federal programs — including Social Security
"It’s telling that Joe Biden used his State of the Union speech to lie about my plan. If Biden had a single accomplishment to speak of, he wouldn’t have to lie about me," Scott said.
"I don’t have a bill to cut Social Security and Medicare, but Joe Biden did," he continued.

Before State of Union attack on GOP, Biden pushed Social Security sunset, fed spending freezes
In 1995, Biden complained on the Senate floor that his 1975 efforts to sunset all federal programs never made it out of Congress.
“When I argued that we should freeze federal spending, I meant Social Security as well, I meant Medicare and Medicaid. I meant veterans benefits. I meant every single solitary thing in the government,” he said.
“And I not only tried it once, I tried it twice. I tried it the third time, and I tried it the fourth time,” Biden bragged.
How do you know a Marxist/Democrat is lying? Their mouths are open....

icecream.gif

Exactly. SS is easy to fix. Raise the cap, and add a year to the ages,
The SS fix is tougher.

My recommendation is to add a new Federal Sales Tax of about 4%. I don't see any other way to raise enough money.
Also, I want to see another "Grace Commission" to eliminate waste, and duplication in the Federal government.
Of course if you do away with welfare, then more people would be working, thus putting money into the tax system. Those that dont want to work, dont get a dime, and when they get hungry and start stealing from others, should be shot on sight, thus eliminating them from other government programs like being put in prison and such. Empty the prisons of repeat offenders, by execution and you can start putting that money towards SS. Really easy to get the debt under control, just stop all the liberal compassion laws that end up killing people.

Rick Scott

Mike Pence

Mike Lee

Ron Johnson

Lindsey Graham

You forgot the old senile fool you voted for for president.

KILL THE UNVAXXED!

Rick Scott

Mike Pence

Mike Lee

Ron Johnson

Lindsey Graham

We do need reform for SSI, it is going going to run out of money and my kids and grandkids will have paid in for nothing. What that looks like we as a nation need to look at.

As long as there is not bipartisan support nothing will pass, so your can quit fear mongering.

Rick Scott

Mike Pence

Mike Lee

Ron Johnson

Lindsey Graham

Biden's cutting Medicare NOW!!! Where's your outrage???

Biden administration floats major 2024 pay cut for Medicare Advantage plans​

By Bob Herman Feb. 1, 2023

Greg

Medicare is 1.45% for the employer and 1.45% for the employee, or 2.9% total.

why ,do the more you make, you get .9% of medicare, why isn't it 1.45% for the employee or total 2.9% total?
  • Single: $200,000
  • Married filing jointly: $250,000
  • Married filing separately: $125,000

What is this SS cap.2022=147,000
2023=160,200
Why is there a cap on SS?

Medicare is 1.45% for the employer and 1.45% for the employee, or 2.9% total.

why ,do the more you make, you get .9% of medicare, why isn't it 1.45% for the employee or total 2.9% total?
  • Single: $200,000
  • Married filing jointly: $250,000
  • Married filing separately: $125,000

What is this SS cap.2022=147,000
2023=160,200
Why is there a cap on SS?
Should be no cap but you don’t want Medicare reform, the GOP wants to discuss options, you dont.

Biden doubled down on his legislation in the '90s, saying on the Senate floor that his bill would affect Social Security.

"When I argued that we should freeze federal spending, I meant Social Security, as well," Biden said. "I meant Medicare and Medicaid. I meant veterans’ benefits."

"I meant every single solitary thing in the federal government," he said. "And I not only tried it once, I tried it twice, I tried it a third time, and I tried it a fourth time."

FREEZE, NOT sunset, or eliminate.
Programs would still be viable.

Rick Scott

Mike Pence

Mike Lee

Ron Johnson

Lindsey Graham

Blah Blah Blah.... he lied when he said he had a proposal on his desk.
And he lied when he was insinuating Republicans want to end Social Security.
That is what he said, and it was a lie.

Isn't there a cliff you should be jumping off of like all the sheep before you?

Forum List

Back