Missouri Republicans are trying to ban food stamp recipients from buying steak and seafood

People on food stamps should be expected to suffer
How else will they seek to better themselves?

I'm thinking road kill, dumpster diving and expired food
Why would they eat that stuff if they're getting food stamps?

What are you talking about?

That's the idea

They enjoy being poor. Poor people will not want to improve themselves unless you make them suffer

That is why we have Republicans......to look out for the poor

Only a liberal would think doing without free steak and seafood is "suffering".

Send me some money Rightwinger...I'm suffering.
Very true

That is why Republicans advocate increased suffering for the poor

Makes em try harder

No it doesn't. It gives bleeding heart like you a chance to support more being taken from honorable people who actually earn their money.
Why would a parasite care? It's what they do.

That's the idea

They enjoy being poor. Poor people will not want to improve themselves unless you make them suffer

They have no incentive to improve themselves if they can get an amount equal to or greater than they can make working. Why would they go to work and spend 40+ hours/week doing something when they can get the same doing nothing and have those 40+ hours to use spending someone else's money?

Can you point to all the examples of poor people doing better when you remove aid?

There are plenty of red states to choose from?
Do people in your circles eat road kill and get food stamps?

The only blue area in my State gets more in welfare than any of the other red areas. The one blue area beats the other SIX red ones hands down. It's what make the state look bad. In fact, about 5 years ago, that blue area was the 10th highest receiving welfare area in the country.

That's the idea

Very true

Makes em try harder
you know RW in many instances you are right about how many Republicans/Conservatives look at welfare......but at the same time many Democrats/Liberals look like enablers to me.....

That's the idea

Very true

Makes em try harder

Omaha steaks.png

Fifty bucks a month ought to cover it.

Send them to:
Missourian
c/o General delivery
Stockton, MO 65785​

Thank you in advance for alleviating my "suffering". You're the best.

That's the idea

You may like road kill. No one else eats it.
Man, I saw a freshly killed young moose in Wyoming, and wanted to cut out the backstrap, but it was illegal, and I was headed to Minnesota anyway, and really didn't have the time.

What a waste of fine, prime roadkill that was.

So no hamburger either?
Hamburger meat runs around $3.50 a pound. Ribeye steak runs around $12.99 a pound. What do you think?
what if its round steak?.....
All unhealthy food should be off the list. Red meat is not a healthy source of protein.
I eat about five pounds of red meat a week.

I am 66, 6'4", 185lbs, and pretty damned healthy.

Hasn't hurt me a bit, as far as I can tell.
Give it some time, that diet will catch up with you, but that is not the point. There are healthier, less expensive options. You pay for your own food, so you can eat whatever you want. If I have to pay for your food you will be eating beans instead of beef, perhaps some chicken.
If someone else has to pay for my food, I will slit my wrists.

Food stamps are suppose to be for poor people who cannot afford basic food items. If you can waste a majority of your food stamps on steak. You don't need them. If you think it's not fair that you can't buy steaks with your food stamps. Then get a job.
So no hamburger either?
Hamburger meat runs around $3.50 a pound. Ribeye steak runs around $12.99 a pound. What do you think?

You can buy steaks on sale or buy a cheaper cut.

That's the idea

Very true

Makes em try harder
you know RW in many instances you are right about how many Republicans/Conservatives look at welfare......but at the same time many Democrats/Liberals look like enablers to me.....

I would have no problem helping feed the truly poor, if they were given good food, and instructions in how to prepare it.

There is no excuse for the abuses of the SNAP as it is run today.

Chips, soda and candy are not FOOD.

Food stamps are suppose to be for poor people who cannot afford basic food items. If you can waste a majority of your food stamps on steak. You don't need them. If you think it's not fair that you can't buy steaks with your food stamps. Then get a job.
So no hamburger either?

You will never see yellow tagged meat in a SNAP recipients cart at Walmart.

So no hamburger either?

What makes you think that?

If they have $200 they still need it to go as far as possible

It is a conservative myth that that the poor eat better than we do

what if its round steak?.....
All unhealthy food should be off the list. Red meat is not a healthy source of protein.
I eat about five pounds of red meat a week.

I am 66, 6'4", 185lbs, and pretty damned healthy.

Hasn't hurt me a bit, as far as I can tell.
Give it some time, that diet will catch up with you, but that is not the point. There are healthier, less expensive options. You pay for your own food, so you can eat whatever you want. If I have to pay for your food you will be eating beans instead of beef, perhaps some chicken.
If someone else has to pay for my food, I will slit my wrists.
I don't want any part of that. If that is the case I am taking back any implied offer to pay for your food. Better you starve than slit your wrist.

So no hamburger either?

The first of the month I am happy I made rent....
And then I come across those who are on assistance buying lobster tails and King Crab legs....
I have a bit of a problem with that...

So no hamburger either?

The first of the month I am happy I made rent....
And then I come across those who are on assistance buying lobster tails and King Crab legs....
I have a bit of a problem with that...
You forgot about the Escalades

The main recipients of food stamps are children, elderly, veterans, disabled and of course, that most hated of all Americans, single mothers whose children's fathers have run out on them. Its very important to the right to punish people for being poor and to do anything and everything to keep them that way.

Whaddaya wanna bet Brattin calls himself a "christian".

BTW, his demonic bill is all for show. Or, just as likely, the idiot has no idea how the system works. Thanks to gerrymandering hewill feed at the public trough for the rest of his working life and have plenty of time to do a lot more damage.

Brattin admits that the language might need some tweaking. “My intention wasn’t to get rid of canned tuna and fish sticks,” he said. But he also insists that people are abusing the system by purchasing luxury foods, and believes that that must be stopped, even if it ends up requiring the inclusion of other less luxurious items.

“I have seen people purchasing filet mignons and crab legs with their EBT cards,” he said. “When I can’t afford it on my pay, I don’t want people on the taxpayer’s dime to afford those kinds of foods either.”

Of course, Brattin is not only a first class asshole, he’s also full of shit. Missouri legislators are paid $35,915 per year plus a $104 a day per diem for miscellaneous costs such as food. Seeing as how a steak can be purchased for under $20.00 at Walmart, it’s pretty safe to assume Brattin can afford to buy prime cuts of beef from time to time. Filet mignon is even cheaper. Brattin can easily purchase filet mignon, a package of two in fact, at a Missouri Walmart for under $9.00.

Brattin makes more than twice the annual earnings of a family who is eligible to receive food assistance, and he probably makes a mint during tax refund season considering he has five kids. And you can bet he isn’t allowing his children to live on fish sticks and tuna. And apparently, Brattin doesn’t understand that his own pay is courtesy of the very taxpayers that he has been attacking relentlessly with stupid bills.

In addition, SNAP rules allow recipients to purchase steak and seafood because they are food items and it would be costly and burdensome to restrict these items. Brattin’s bill also has no teeth because only Congress can change SNAP rules.

I make more than $35,000 a year, and I don't buy expensive steak...hell, I haven't smoked a brisket in a year, and it is one of my favorite things to do and eat.

Because I have to EARN that money...and it goes a lot farther when I buy pork shoulder and chicken. And if you buy that meat glued fillet mignon from Wal-mart, you might as well rip the sole off your shoe and eat it...because that's the consistency of the filet mignon after you cook it to the doneness that will kill the bacteria in the meat glued middle. How do you not know these things? Did you write that, or was it some limousine liberal that has never done their own shopping in their life?

You haven't smoked a brisket in a year?!

Until I read that, I respected you, but now I'm putting you on ignore.

So no hamburger either?

You can't buy them cheaper than basic 73% - 27% ground beef.

The main recipients of food stamps are children, elderly, veterans, disabled and of course, that most hated of all Americans, single mothers whose children's fathers have run out on them. Its very important to the right to punish people for being poor and to do anything and everything to keep them that way.

Whaddaya wanna bet Brattin calls himself a "christian".

BTW, his demonic bill is all for show. Or, just as likely, the idiot has no idea how the system works. Thanks to gerrymandering hewill feed at the public trough for the rest of his working life and have plenty of time to do a lot more damage.

Brattin admits that the language might need some tweaking. “My intention wasn’t to get rid of canned tuna and fish sticks,” he said. But he also insists that people are abusing the system by purchasing luxury foods, and believes that that must be stopped, even if it ends up requiring the inclusion of other less luxurious items.

“I have seen people purchasing filet mignons and crab legs with their EBT cards,” he said. “When I can’t afford it on my pay, I don’t want people on the taxpayer’s dime to afford those kinds of foods either.”

Of course, Brattin is not only a first class asshole, he’s also full of shit. Missouri legislators are paid $35,915 per year plus a $104 a day per diem for miscellaneous costs such as food. Seeing as how a steak can be purchased for under $20.00 at Walmart, it’s pretty safe to assume Brattin can afford to buy prime cuts of beef from time to time. Filet mignon is even cheaper. Brattin can easily purchase filet mignon, a package of two in fact, at a Missouri Walmart for under $9.00.

Brattin makes more than twice the annual earnings of a family who is eligible to receive food assistance, and he probably makes a mint during tax refund season considering he has five kids. And you can bet he isn’t allowing his children to live on fish sticks and tuna. And apparently, Brattin doesn’t understand that his own pay is courtesy of the very taxpayers that he has been attacking relentlessly with stupid bills.

In addition, SNAP rules allow recipients to purchase steak and seafood because they are food items and it would be costly and burdensome to restrict these items. Brattin’s bill also has no teeth because only Congress can change SNAP rules.

I make more than $35,000 a year, and I don't buy expensive steak...hell, I haven't smoked a brisket in a year, and it is one of my favorite things to do and eat.

Because I have to EARN that money...and it goes a lot farther when I buy pork shoulder and chicken. And if you buy that meat glued fillet mignon from Wal-mart, you might as well rip the sole off your shoe and eat it...because that's the consistency of the filet mignon after you cook it to the doneness that will kill the bacteria in the meat glued middle. How do you not know these things? Did you write that, or was it some limousine liberal that has never done their own shopping in their life?

You haven't smoked a brisket in a year?!

Until I read that, I respected you, but now I'm putting you on ignore.

I don't blame you. It's a sad, sad state of affairs.

I want to, believe me...but I see $47 on a six pound brisket, and I just can't bring myself to shell out that kinda dough. Not when Boston Butt is $2.69 a pound. And pulled pork runs a close second to brisket.

I told Angel "I remember when brisket was a cheap cut no one wanted."

Those were the days.

That's the idea

They must. Many don't seem to be doing anything about bettering themselves and demanding the government force their employer, if they work, to pay them more is getting better. It might be getting more but they're still the same entitlement minded person.

Forum List

Back