R proposes bill to ban food stamps used to buy weed

Colorado Republican Falls for Satire Story, Freaks Out and Proposes Bill Banning Food Stamps for Weed Purchases - Forward Progressives

So I don’t get how things like Rand Paul’s plagiarism scandal from a couple of months ago happen. Not that I can’t believe someone would plagiarize – it happens — but that nobody in his office caught it and brought it to Paul’s attention. I just don’t get it.

Well, what happened in Colorado recently might just take the cake. I mean, it’s one thing to propose some ridiculous bill that stands no chance at passing (it happens all the time) but to propose a bill based on outrage over a satire article written by the National Report is incompetence on a whole other level.

And that’s exactly what happened.

In Colorado, Republican State Senator Vicki Marble proposed a bill aimed to “tackle this problem” of people buying marijuana with food stamps in the state.

Except, there have been absolutely zero incidents of people trying to buy marijuana with their food stamp benefits. Only an idiot would think “pot brownies” would be covered as a SNAP purchase.

It’s completely absurd to think that somebody could walk into a pot shop and use their food stamps to purchase weed — but apparently that didn’t prompt Marble, or anyone at her office, to actually research if this was happening.

Like I said, complete and total incompetence.

- See more at: Colorado Republican Falls for Satire Story, Freaks Out and Proposes Bill Banning Food Stamps for Weed Purchases - Forward Progressives

We've seen rw's here fall for the same kind of thing. We've also seen some rw's lie outright about food stamps. Indeed, that's pretty common. But still, this dunderhead should have known better.

Dumb. Just plain dumb. She doesn't have staff that help her appear intelligent?

we also have seen lefties here fall for bullshit stories.....had one a few days ago if im not mistaken......so what else is new?.....

Colorado Republican Falls for Satire Story, Freaks Out and Proposes Bill Banning Food Stamps for Weed Purchases - Forward Progressives

So I don’t get how things like Rand Paul’s plagiarism scandal from a couple of months ago happen. Not that I can’t believe someone would plagiarize – it happens — but that nobody in his office caught it and brought it to Paul’s attention. I just don’t get it.

Well, what happened in Colorado recently might just take the cake. I mean, it’s one thing to propose some ridiculous bill that stands no chance at passing (it happens all the time) but to propose a bill based on outrage over a satire article written by the National Report is incompetence on a whole other level.

In Colorado, Republican State Senator Vicki Marble proposed a bill aimed to “tackle this problem” of people buying marijuana with food stamps in the state.

Except, there have been absolutely zero incidents of people trying to buy marijuana with their food stamp benefits. Only an idiot would think “pot brownies” would be covered as a SNAP purchase.

It’s completely absurd to think that somebody could walk into a pot shop and use their food stamps to purchase weed — but apparently that didn’t prompt Marble, or anyone at her office, to actually research if this was happening.

- See more at: Colorado Republican Falls for Satire Story, Freaks Out and Proposes Bill Banning Food Stamps for Weed Purchases - Forward Progressives
We've seen rw's here fall for the same kind of thing. We've also seen some rw's lie outright about food stamps. Indeed, that's pretty common. But still, this dunderhead should have known better.

It is a good thing you have never, even once, fallen for a stupid story that was obviously fake, isn't it?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...n-trapped-on-deserted-island-for-7-years.html

he got ya there....

If you can take an EBT card or its government issued equivalent to an ATM, why can't you not use the funds to buy marijuana?

It is a good thing you have never, even once, fallen for a stupid story that was obviously fake, isn't it?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...n-trapped-on-deserted-island-for-7-years.html

LOL

That's good.

If you held a gun to my head, I would not be able to tell you what you posted yesterday, let alone a month ago.

Really, you need to reassess your priorities. By which I mean, get a frikken life, dood.

And, IMO, we should hold politicians to higher standards than message board posters. Besides, they have staff to do their research for them.

If you can take an EBT card or its government issued equivalent to an ATM, why can't you not use the funds to buy marijuana?

The story concerns food stamps.

If the card has cash loaded on it, I would guess you could what you say.

But, the story concerns food stamps.

Actually, what the story is really about is that some rw's are just SO worried the poor might get to actually have a little something extra, a luxury - you know, like a refrigerator.

The story is about the control that some rw's want over other people.

What is she? HIGH????

What is she? HIGH????

In which case, the least she could do is share.

Actually, what the story is really about is that some rw's are just SO worried the poor might get to actually have a little something extra, a luxury - you know, like a refrigerator.

I thought food stamps were obsolete and was replaced by EBT cards. As for your other comment, why should the poor have luxuries that I may not be able to afford, especially if I'm expected to pay for theirs? It's never appreciated, it's expected. And if not checked it will eventually be demanded. (Queue OWS).

Last edited:

Actually, the story is about how much stuff a person reads on the internet is believable.

LOL

That's good.

If you held a gun to my head, I would not be able to tell you what you posted yesterday, let alone a month ago.

Really, you need to reassess your priorities. By which I mean, get a frikken life, dood.

And, IMO, we should hold politicians to higher standards than message board posters. Besides, they have staff to do their research for them.

All it takes is knowing how to use Google, you should try it sometime.

The real story is about you getting fooled by a lie.

Again.

i would think no one is stopping you....

LOL

That's good.

yea we should....unfortunately we have some of the lowest standard politicians we have ever had.....

come on Ludd.....lw's want control over people too....

Does anyone yet realize that if we legalize marijuana, fewer people will need food stamps? Do you know why? Because Cannabis seeds are among the healthiest things that humans can eat, and they grow in any backyard or even a closet.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cannabis+seed+nutrition&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Free food for anyone who wants to grow it.

nothing like a Hemp Bagel in the morning.....keeps you regular.....

Forum List

Back