Use food stamps reasonably

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
I agree with the attempt to make sure that food stamps are used for the right types of foods. Millbank is an ass, a partisan one, on this issue.

Rick Brattin, a young Republican state representative in Missouri, has come up with an innovative new way to humiliate the poor in his state. Call it the surf-and-turf law.

Brattin has introduced House Bill 813, making it illegal for food-stamp recipients to use their benefits "to purchase cookies, chips, energy drinks, soft drinks, seafood, or steak."

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: Republicans Find New Ways To Shame Those On Welfare - Investors.com
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

I agree with the attempt to make sure that food stamps are used for the right types of foods. Millbank is an ass, a partisan one, on this issue.

Rick Brattin, a young Republican state representative in Missouri, has come up with an innovative new way to humiliate the poor in his state. Call it the surf-and-turf law.

Brattin has introduced House Bill 813, making it illegal for food-stamp recipients to use their benefits "to purchase cookies, chips, energy drinks, soft drinks, seafood, or steak."

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: Republicans Find New Ways To Shame Those On Welfare - Investors.com
I guess there are no needy people in his district. He must've had a chat with Mrs. Obama. It's jerks like him that give politics a bad name.

I agree with the intent, but, not with the seafood and steak part.

Junk food used to not be allowed to be purchased with food stamps; I see no reason seafood cannot be bought, and by using the general term "steak", well, that is obvious.

A 7 steak is hardly a luxury, and to prevent the purchase of fish,shrimp and crawfish is just, well, just discriminatory against poor Louisiana people raised on such foods.

Mr. Chairman. Mr. Chairman! I would like to propose an amendment to the Welfare Anti-Moochers Act, sir. I propose, my dear colleagues, that we attach an amendment to stop the practice of using food stamps for purchasing nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction. I submit only a traitor who hates America and a fool would oppose this measure. Harumph harumph harumph. For the children. In Jesus's name. Amen.

• Banned
:lol: the congressman has the left by their scrawny scrotums and squeezing hard.

the average monthly benefit is $133 dollars ..

Food Stamp Statistics Statistic Brain

how does your state rank?
It is SUPPLEMENTAL, for ONE.

I usually spend about $60 each Monday, on food for the week.

Most of the time, I cook my own, though I will buy Stouffer's Stuff bell peppers, and the occasional DiGornio's Pizza.

I could probably qualify based on income, certainly should not be able to qualify based on net worth.

No sense playing the system for the sake of playing the system.

regardless of the system, (especially government systems) there always have been, and always will be people that "game" the system. More people buy milk and bread than they do a pair of Nikes and pack of skittles with food stamps.

• Banned
regardless of the system, (especially government systems) there always have been, and always will be people that "game" the system. More people buy milk and bread than they do a pair of Nikes and pack of skittles with food stamps.
Are you sure? And they should not be able to do so.

Are you sure? And they should not be able to do so.

food stamps have NO direct impact on my life OR lifestyle either way. I don't pay much attention given that. The only sure thing is death.

Just another piece of fluff legislation. The haters and gnashers of teeth will drink it like Kool-aid and babble on about saving money. The reasonable and reasonably intelligent people will realize that "Uh....this doesn't actually save any fucking money."

Forum List

Back