32 states set to slash food-stamp benefits

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Hair on fire article.

A "hunger cliff" is looming for millions of Americans, with 32 states set to slash food-stamp benefits beginning in March.

The cuts will impact more than 30 million people who are enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, in those states, according to data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Among the states where recipients are facing cuts are California and Texas, which have greatest number of people on SNAP, at 5.1 million and 3.6 million recipients, respectively.

The reductions are due to the end of so-called emergency allotments, which bolstered food-stamp benefits at the start of the pandemic as Americans grappled with the massive disruption to the economy. While the U.S. is certainly on more stable footing than in 2020, households are now struggling with high food costs — groceries were about 10% higher in December than a year earlier — making the timing of the SNAP cuts particularly challenging, experts say.

More "hair on fire"

BTW....What's a hunger cliff? :dunno:

Guess they will have to lay-off buying all the frozen crab legs and switch from name brand to store brand items like the majority of what is left of "the middle class" buy who actually work for a living due in this inflated Tater economy.

That and in case you haven't noticed the "poor" are the fattest bunch of poor people I've ever seen.

It's not a nation of depression era Florence Thompsons we are talking about here.

R.667750b095b30d1e518c4f960c78f8cb

The "poor" are as about as broad as they are tall.

OIP.N0QBzUOj_j-gjypT5vK6xwHaEw

Food Bank "shoppers".....Really?

That's quite good, IMO. I can get whole tenderloins for $9.99/pound.
We have a place called Ten-Box which is a wholesaler with a ten percent mark up. Very good prices for meat the rest of the stuff is usually the same prices as other stores.
Last two months ribeye bags for ten- pound roasts were 4-5 dollars a pound, ten-pound average.

Food stamps are the result of a lack of social programs and a rejection of socially responsible government.

America can juggle OPM around but it's not going to solve the problems.

Addressing the huge and growing racism problem would have to be one of the first steps toward social responsibility, as opposed to more police violence.

I'll leave it at that until somebody shows an interest and asks me what must be done.

Food stamps are the result of a lack of social programs and a rejection of socially responsible government.

Addressing the huge and growing racism problem would have to be one of the first steps toward social responsibility, as opposed to more police violence.

I'll leave it at that until somebody shows an interest and asks me what must be done.
Are you retarded?

Hair on fire article.

A "hunger cliff" is looming for millions of Americans, with 32 states set to slash food-stamp benefits beginning in March.

The cuts will impact more than 30 million people who are enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, in those states, according to data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Among the states where recipients are facing cuts are California and Texas, which have greatest number of people on SNAP, at 5.1 million and 3.6 million recipients, respectively.

The reductions are due to the end of so-called emergency allotments, which bolstered food-stamp benefits at the start of the pandemic as Americans grappled with the massive disruption to the economy. While the U.S. is certainly on more stable footing than in 2020, households are now struggling with high food costs — groceries were about 10% higher in December than a year earlier — making the timing of the SNAP cuts particularly challenging, experts say.

More "hair on fire"

BTW....What's a hunger cliff? :dunno:

Guess they will have to lay-off buying all the frozen crab legs and switch from name brand to store brand items like the majority of what is left of "the middle class" buy who actually work for a living due in this inflated Tater economy.

That and in case you haven't noticed the "poor" are the fattest bunch of poor people I've ever seen.

It's not a nation of depression era Florence Thompsons we are talking about here.

R.667750b095b30d1e518c4f960c78f8cb

The "poor" are as about as broad as they are tall.

OIP.N0QBzUOj_j-gjypT5vK6xwHaEw

Food Bank "shoppers".....Really?
Yep. Cut and end the programs that actually do what they were designed to do...your silly-assed assumptions aside.

Does that mean they will have to cut down on Coca-Cola?
That's another result of the overall problem. Some black people have given up trying on account of the uneven playing field.
And white America refuses to address the problems in a socially responsible way, and instead consistently turn to force and more police violence as a solution.

And that will never work!

Take away the food stamps and changes are that many people, both blacks and whites, will turn to armed robbery of grocery stores as their solution.

And then more police force and violence of course!

That's another result of the overall problem. Some black people have given up trying on account of the uneven playing field.
And white America refuses to address the problems in a socially responsible way, and instead consistently turn to force and more police violence as a solution.

And that will never work!

Take away the food stamps and changes are that many people, both blacks and whites, will turn to armed robbery of grocery stores as their solution.

And then more police force and violence of course!
Hoser speak.

Addressing the huge and growing racism problem would have to be one of the first steps toward social responsibility,

I know, the government has to stop making it worse.
Obama set race relations back 50 years.

Addressing the huge and growing racism problem would have to be one of the first steps toward social responsibility,

No shit.....I knew it was going down-hill when he had the "beer summit" farce.

That's: Obama presuming he could be the president of a racist southern half of the country, set race relations back over 65 years.

It's all quite clear now.

And now that's relating directly to the issue of food stamps being necessary.

It was the dems who ran the whole slavery thing.....History much? ;)
A Canadian doesn't need to defend either side and so 'I' can grant you that from what I know.

The fact is my friend, when Obama was elected the south dove into their closets and started looking for their bedsheets and pointy hats that were still there and moldering away since the 60's.

Forum List

Back