Missouri Republicans are trying to ban food stamp recipients from buying steak and seafood

Sounds like a good idea to me. No one on food stamps should be buying lobster.

Of course only Assclowns would be outraged by this common sense idea.

The main recipients of food stamps are children, elderly, veterans, disabled and of course, that most hated of all Americans, single mothers whose children's fathers have run out on them. Its very important to the right to punish people for being poor and to do anything and everything to keep them that way.

Whaddaya wanna bet Brattin calls himself a "christian".

BTW, his demonic bill is all for show. Or, just as likely, the idiot has no idea how the system works. Thanks to gerrymandering hewill feed at the public trough for the rest of his working life and have plenty of time to do a lot more damage.

Brattin admits that the language might need some tweaking. “My intention wasn’t to get rid of canned tuna and fish sticks,” he said. But he also insists that people are abusing the system by purchasing luxury foods, and believes that that must be stopped, even if it ends up requiring the inclusion of other less luxurious items.

“I have seen people purchasing filet mignons and crab legs with their EBT cards,” he said. “When I can’t afford it on my pay, I don’t want people on the taxpayer’s dime to afford those kinds of foods either.”

Of course, Brattin is not only a first class asshole, he’s also full of shit. Missouri legislators are paid $35,915 per year plus a $104 a day per diem for miscellaneous costs such as food. Seeing as how a steak can be purchased for under $20.00 at Walmart, it’s pretty safe to assume Brattin can afford to buy prime cuts of beef from time to time. Filet mignon is even cheaper. Brattin can easily purchase filet mignon, a package of two in fact, at a Missouri Walmart for under $9.00.

Brattin makes more than twice the annual earnings of a family who is eligible to receive food assistance, and he probably makes a mint during tax refund season considering he has five kids. And you can bet he isn’t allowing his children to live on fish sticks and tuna. And apparently, Brattin doesn’t understand that his own pay is courtesy of the very taxpayers that he has been attacking relentlessly with stupid bills.

In addition, SNAP rules allow recipients to purchase steak and seafood because they are food items and it would be costly and burdensome to restrict these items. Brattin’s bill also has no teeth because only Congress can change SNAP rules.

I make more than $35,000 a year, and I don't buy expensive steak...hell, I haven't smoked a brisket in a year, and it is one of my favorite things to do and eat.

Because I have to EARN that money...and it goes a lot farther when I buy pork shoulder and chicken. And if you buy that meat glued fillet mignon from Wal-mart, you might as well rip the sole off your shoe and eat it...because that's the consistency of the filet mignon after you cook it to the doneness that will kill the bacteria in the meat glued middle. How do you not know these things? Did you write that, or was it some limousine liberal that has never done their own shopping in their life?

Very simply we need to go back to a system where people on food assistance come and pick up bags of preselected food based on the number of people in the family, their ages, allergies and their ethnic background.

The main recipients of food stamps are children, elderly, veterans, disabled and of course, that most hated of all Americans, single mothers whose children's fathers have run out on them. Its very important to the right to punish people for being poor and to do anything and everything to keep them that way.

BTW, his demonic bill is all for show. Or, just as likely, the idiot has no idea how the system works. Thanks to gerrymandering hewill feed at the public trough for the rest of his working life and have plenty of time to do a lot more damage.

Brattin admits that the language might need some tweaking. “My intention wasn’t to get rid of canned tuna and fish sticks,” he said. But he also insists that people are abusing the system by purchasing luxury foods, and believes that that must be stopped, even if it ends up requiring the inclusion of other less luxurious items.

“I have seen people purchasing filet mignons and crab legs with their EBT cards,” he said. “When I can’t afford it on my pay, I don’t want people on the taxpayer’s dime to afford those kinds of foods either.”

Of course, Brattin is not only a first class asshole, he’s also full of shit. Missouri legislators are paid $35,915 per year plus a $104 a day per diem for miscellaneous costs such as food. Seeing as how a steak can be purchased for under $20.00 at Walmart, it’s pretty safe to assume Brattin can afford to buy prime cuts of beef from time to time. Filet mignon is even cheaper. Brattin can easily purchase filet mignon, a package of two in fact, at a Missouri Walmart for under $9.00.

Brattin makes more than twice the annual earnings of a family who is eligible to receive food assistance, and he probably makes a mint during tax refund season considering he has five kids. And you can bet he isn’t allowing his children to live on fish sticks and tuna. And apparently, Brattin doesn’t understand that his own pay is courtesy of the very taxpayers that he has been attacking relentlessly with stupid bills.

In addition, SNAP rules allow recipients to purchase steak and seafood because they are food items and it would be costly and burdensome to restrict these items. Brattin’s bill also has no teeth because only Congress can change SNAP rules.

I make more than $35,000 a year, and I don't buy expensive steak...hell, I haven't smoked a brisket in a year, and it is one of my favorite things to do and eat.

Because I have to EARN that money...and it goes a lot farther when I buy pork shoulder and chicken. And if you buy that meat glued fillet mignon from Wal-mart, you might as well rip the sole off your shoe and eat it...because that's the consistency of the filet mignon after you cook it to the doneness that will kill the bacteria in the meat glued middle. How do you not know these things? Did you write that, or was it some limousine liberal that has never done their own shopping in their life?

I haven't eaten meat in more than 30 years and I don't shop at Walmart so no, I don't know if the meat is glued together.

"How do you not know these things? Did you write that...?"

Its very clearly a hot link?

How do you not know that?

I haven't eaten meat in more than 30 years and I don't shop at Walmart so no, I don't know if the meat is glued together.

"How do you not know these things? Did you write that...?"

Its very clearly a hot link?

How do you not know that?

Ah...I forgot you didn't eat meat, my fault.

I thought it was a cut and paste, but I wasn't sure.

It is glued together, and it's dangerous IMO.

You can cook a steak rare, medium rare and medium relatively safely because the inside has not been exposed to the bacteria in the outside environment. Ground beef must be cooked to a much higher temperature in the middle for this reason. "Filet mignon" that is prepackage (not just at Walmart, but anywhere) is glued together from scraps with meat glue. If you aren't informed of that fact, and cook these bacon wrapped filet mignon steaks to an internal temperature of less than 160 degrees, you risk exposure to live E. coli bacteria.

And steak worth having is very expensive. We have a good steak maybe four times a year.

-----------------------------------------------------

This "steak and seafood" problem becomes an issue because we all see it with our own eyes. I personally see folks whip out the EBT card buying high dollar steaks, lobster, fresh shrimp, expensive stuff.

Is it everyone...no, of course not...but it's enough folks abusing the system that it has become an issue.

In this economy I can't hardly afford to buy hamburger, let alone steak and seafood.

man... I guess I need to live off the backs of the taxpayers and get me some food stamps. oh wait. I am one of those taxpayer..

pretty much sickening

tumblr_nk7v1dqJdi1r6v6bdo1_500.png

I was on a service call at a fish store in a bad area some time back.
It's a place I had been dispatched to many times over the years.
On this occasion the place seemed pretty quiet.
I asked one of the workers there why this was.
He remarked that I should see the place around the first few days of the beginning of the month....
The place would be packed with the folks loading up on lobster,shrimp,king crab legs....

All purchased on EBT cards.( Electronic Benefit Transfer) cards....

Nice.

Hey.Nothing illegal.
They were buying food.

I bought a lobster tail yesterday...Last one I got was six months ago....
But then I had to use my own money.

Hell. they sell these cards for half the price that is on them for drugs. say 200 on the card they get $100 cash

they just give the person their pin number or go shopping with them

Saw it all the time back in my hometown

That story fit a longtime conservative suspicion that poor people use food stamps to purchase luxury items. Now, a Republican state lawmaker in Missouri is pushing for legislation that would stop people like Greenslate and severely limit what food stamp recipients can buy. The bill being proposed would ban the purchase with food stamps of "cookies, chips, energy drinks, soft drinks, seafood or steak."
Missouri Republicans are trying to ban food stamp recipients from buying steak and seafood - The Washington Post
Banning food stamps for thugs who spend it on luxury items, or they're trying to destroy welfare system?
I think that the only way to stop these people to spend our tax money on unnecessary items - is to create list of goods they can buy! And what do you think guys?

People on food stamps should be expected to suffer
How else will they seek to better themselves?

I'm thinking road kill, dumpster diving and expired food

I was on a service call at a fish store in a bad area some time back.
It's a place I had been dispatched to many times over the years.
On this occasion the place seemed pretty quiet.
I asked one of the workers there why this was.
He remarked that I should see the place around the first few days of the beginning of the month....
The place would be packed with the folks loading up on lobster,shrimp,king crab legs....

All purchased on EBT cards.( Electronic Benefit Transfer) cards....

Nice.

Hey.Nothing illegal.
They were buying food.

I bought a lobster tail yesterday...Last one I got was six months ago....
But then I had to use my own money.

Yes...that is what I hear

All people on welfare drive Cadilacs and eat filet mignon and Lobster and we pay for it

That story fit a longtime conservative suspicion that poor people use food stamps to purchase luxury items. Now, a Republican state lawmaker in Missouri is pushing for legislation that would stop people like Greenslate and severely limit what food stamp recipients can buy. The bill being proposed would ban the purchase with food stamps of "cookies, chips, energy drinks, soft drinks, seafood or steak."
Missouri Republicans are trying to ban food stamp recipients from buying steak and seafood - The Washington Post
Banning food stamps for thugs who spend it on luxury items, or they're trying to destroy welfare system?
I think that the only way to stop these people to spend our tax money on unnecessary items - is to create list of goods they can buy! And what do you think guys?

If they can get more in the multiple and redundant handout programs than they can make working using the skills they offer, what incentive is there for them to better themselves.

If they can get more in the multiple and redundant handout programs than they can make working using the skills they offer, what incentive is there for them to better themselves.

didn't Obama SAY everyone should have some skin in the game? But now a Republican suggest anything on food stamps, welfare etc. we get threads such as this..They are trying to take food out of the mouth of them folks.....it's the same old BS

On multiple occasions, I've seen those using food stamps, meaning they've claimed they don't have cash to buy their own food, use cash money to buy beer and cigarettes. Personally, I don't care if they smoke or drink. What I do care is about is that they make a claim they can't afford to meet their needs yet seem to have plenty of money to buy those items. If they can buy beer and cigarettes with cash, shouldn't that cash be used to buy food first instead of expecting the hardworking people to fund it for them so they can buy those other things? In those situations, I don't have a problem if they suffer. They're abusing the system and need to do so.

didn't Obama everyone should have some skin in the game? But now a Republican suggest anything on food stamps, welfare etc. we get threads such as this..it's the same old BS
Time for a head tax on all able-bodied persons, payable in cash or labor.

Forum List

Back