32 states set to slash food-stamp benefits

Bless you!

I just did a bad thing when I was at the store. I walked past the Little Debbies, as I always do, with a wistful thought about how much I used to enjoy eating them. So I said "Fuck it" and bought a dozen boxes of Little Debbies to donate to the food bank. I know it's horribly unhealthy garbage for children to eat, but I figured "What the hell. Somebody might as well enjoy them!"

At Christmas time Walmart was selling single serve containers of little Debbie Christmas cake ice cream. I bought a bunch of those ( very addicting). I think I’m down to my last three. Sadly I kept them all for myself. Sorry kids.

At Christmas time Walmart was selling single serve containers of little Debbie Christmas cake ice cream. I bought a bunch of those ( very addicting). I think I’m down to my last three. Sadly I kept them all for myself. Sorry kids.

I loved their Christmas cakes! Sounds like a GREAT ice cream flavor!

Hair on fire article.

A "hunger cliff" is looming for millions of Americans, with 32 states set to slash food-stamp benefits beginning in March.

The cuts will impact more than 30 million people who are enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, in those states, according to data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Among the states where recipients are facing cuts are California and Texas, which have greatest number of people on SNAP, at 5.1 million and 3.6 million recipients, respectively.

The reductions are due to the end of so-called emergency allotments, which bolstered food-stamp benefits at the start of the pandemic as Americans grappled with the massive disruption to the economy. While the U.S. is certainly on more stable footing than in 2020, households are now struggling with high food costs — groceries were about 10% higher in December than a year earlier — making the timing of the SNAP cuts particularly challenging, experts say.

More "hair on fire"

BTW....What's a hunger cliff? :dunno:

Guess they will have to lay-off buying all the frozen crab legs and switch from name brand to store brand items like the majority of what is left of "the middle class" buy who actually work for a living due in this inflated Tater economy.

That and in case you haven't noticed the "poor" are the fattest bunch of poor people I've ever seen.

It's not a nation of depression era Florence Thompsons we are talking about here.

R.667750b095b30d1e518c4f960c78f8cb

The "poor" are as about as broad as they are tall.

OIP.N0QBzUOj_j-gjypT5vK6xwHaEw

Food Bank "shoppers".....Really?
Good!

We already did it here in Florida. Piss on the welfare shits and Illegals.

Food stamps work differently now than they did 30+ years ago.

Used to be, you HAD to have a job and be underpaid, or lost your job and on unemployment. When the unemployment ran out, so did the other state benefits. Which made people HAVE to get a job to avoid living on welfare.

You also used to have to PROVE you were a US citizen, and you have no money in the bank (under $100), no assets to sell, and list places you've applied for work to, if you were unemployed.

Now, its all false applications and race prejudices, without any founded background or bank checkups.

Bring back the old standard practices, and it would take care of a LOT of todays problems.
Its all a liberal scam

The republicans if they had their way they'd bring back slavery
Hey dumbass, the Republican party was formed for the specific purpose of ending slavery. We fought the American Civil War over the issue.

Every time slavery has been reinstituted in the USA it was a Democrat president who did it. Woodrow Wilson (D) reinstituted slavery, Franklin Roosevelt (D) reinstituted slavery, Lyndon Johnson (D) reinstituted slavery.

Richard Nixon (R) emancipated the slaves.

You are totally ignorant of American history.

Glad to my friend!

This thread was just begging for a theory that would give it some energy.

From food stamps - poverty in black America - Obama - resentment and hate - racism.

Let's keep it civil and polite or I'm outta here.
Why didn't you just link RT. Politico has the same credibility as your unsupported allegation. Run along duck. Don't you ever get tired of being WRONG?

The thing is, you're mostly right and you're unconsciously addressing the real problem. White America created these people you're objecting to.

And as I've been saying all along, social responsibility is the only way of changing America to be more like socially responsible countries' success in dealing with America's growing problems.

We can bring in prison incarceration rates and recidivism to the discussion too now. It all melds together into one big F.U.
Or maybe we could embrace Canada's model and have a military that in INCAPABLE of shooting down a balloon, eh duck. When is Turdeau going to start living up to his international commitments and responsibilities and quit expecting to taken care of. No wonder you like welfare states, you live in one and suck off of the works of others.

I like my local food bank because it keeps my donation dollars right here in my very small town. I haven't met a single person here I didn't like. Feeding my neighbors is a good feeling.

I agree, but how long are people going to continue to donate to private sector charities when the government is providing these people with SNAP benefits that are greater than the working people can provide for themselves? This area is inundated with food banks and options for people to be fed.

Hair on fire article.

A "hunger cliff" is looming for millions of Americans, with 32 states set to slash food-stamp benefits beginning in March.

The cuts will impact more than 30 million people who are enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, in those states, according to data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Among the states where recipients are facing cuts are California and Texas, which have greatest number of people on SNAP, at 5.1 million and 3.6 million recipients, respectively.

The reductions are due to the end of so-called emergency allotments, which bolstered food-stamp benefits at the start of the pandemic as Americans grappled with the massive disruption to the economy. While the U.S. is certainly on more stable footing than in 2020, households are now struggling with high food costs — groceries were about 10% higher in December than a year earlier — making the timing of the SNAP cuts particularly challenging, experts say.

More "hair on fire"

BTW....What's a hunger cliff? :dunno:

Guess they will have to lay-off buying all the frozen crab legs and switch from name brand to store brand items like the majority of what is left of "the middle class" buy who actually work for a living due in this inflated Tater economy.

That and in case you haven't noticed the "poor" are the fattest bunch of poor people I've ever seen.

It's not a nation of depression era Florence Thompsons we are talking about here.

R.667750b095b30d1e518c4f960c78f8cb

The "poor" are as about as broad as they are tall.

OIP.N0QBzUOj_j-gjypT5vK6xwHaEw

Food Bank "shoppers".....Really?

Nobody in America is starving

Forum List

Back