R proposes bill to ban food stamps used to buy weed

Does anyone yet realize that if we legalize marijuana, fewer people will need food stamps? Do you know why? Because Cannabis seeds are among the healthiest things that humans can eat, and they grow in any backyard or even a closet.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cannabis+seed+nutrition&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Free food for anyone who wants to grow it.

No one will have to pay tax and they can stuff themselves with marijuana edibles. Which is a very good idea.

Actually, they would have to pay a tax, so I guess it isn't "free" for anyone who wants to grow it.

Hemp%20for%20Victory%20-%201942%20-%20Special%20tax%20stamp%20-%20producer%20of%20marihuana.jpg

But that's still a lot better than going to prison or not being able to afford overpriced unhealthy food from a supermarket.

Last edited:
If you can take an EBT card or its government issued equivalent to an ATM, why can't you not use the funds to buy marijuana?

The story concerns food stamps.

If the card has cash loaded on it, I would guess you could what you say.

But, the story concerns food stamps.

Actually, what the story is really about is that some rw's are just SO worried the poor might get to actually have a little something extra, a luxury - you know, like a refrigerator.

The story is about the control that some rw's want over other people.

The real story is about you getting fooled by a lie.

Again.

Lookie who got punkd. You.

Apparently she amended the bill the DAY AFTER the satirical story came out.

No, People In Colorado Are Not Using Food Stamps To Buy Pot | ThinkProgress

Typical liberal bull shit. The bill was written before the satire piece came out. Nice try Luddly. Looks like you were the one taken in...heh

"It had the makings of must-read story: A Republican lawmaker believes a faux news report that Colorado's pot shops are accepting food stamps and introduces a bill to outlaw the practice.

Only here's the catch:

The satire was written after Colorado marijuana dispensaries opened for business on Jan. 1.

Sen. Vicki Marble of Fort Collins began working on her bill in August.

She produced an e-mail dated Sept. 4 from one of the legislature's attorneys, who was writing her bill."

Read more: Fake report about Colorado pot shops, food stamps creates havoc - The Denver Post Fake report about Colorado pot shops, food stamps creates havoc - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post
Follow us: [MENTION=28704]Denver[/MENTION]post on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

The date on the satire piece is Jan 3, 2014. Four months after the bill was first drafted.

:lol: dumb liberals fall for fake phony story. Add to the mix the repeat of the Ryan lie

Dumb. Just plain dumb. She doesn't have staff that help her appear intelligent?

Just to rub it in some more...

Colorado State Senator Vicki Marble (R), the Senate sponsor of SB 14-037, made national news in August when she made claims that poverty was higher among the “black race” because they eat too much chicken. State Rep. Lori Saine (R), one of the House co-sponsors of the proposal, also made headlines when two weeks after Marble’s remarks, she showed up at a committee hearing with a box of Popeye’s chicken (a move decried by Colorado Republican Chairman Ryan Call as an “insensitive and hurtful” endorsement of Marble’s comments).

Last week, the satirical National Report posted a fake story entitled “Colorado Pot Shop Accepting Food Stamps – Taxpayer Funded Marijuana for Welfare Recipients.” Other stories on the site include equally false items such as “Colorado Pot Shop Attempts To Disarm Citizens With ‘Weed for Guns’ Buyback Program,” “How Obama’s EPA Is Taking Away Your 2nd Amendment,” and “U.S. Caves to Iran In Nuclear Deal. Sharia Law Now to be Taught in U.S. Universities. Qurans to be Placed in Motel Rooms.” A conservative news site picked up the story, apparently duped. The Douglas County Republican Committee, also apparently believing the story real, linked to the report on its Twitter feed last Tuesday.

A day later, Marble’s bill was filed in the state Senate.

Colorado Republican Falls for Satire Story, Freaks Out and Proposes Bill Banning Food Stamps for Weed Purchases - Forward Progressives

So I don’t get how things like Rand Paul’s plagiarism scandal from a couple of months ago happen. Not that I can’t believe someone would plagiarize – it happens — but that nobody in his office caught it and brought it to Paul’s attention. I just don’t get it.

Well, what happened in Colorado recently might just take the cake. I mean, it’s one thing to propose some ridiculous bill that stands no chance at passing (it happens all the time) but to propose a bill based on outrage over a satire article written by the National Report is incompetence on a whole other level.

And that’s exactly what happened.

In Colorado, Republican State Senator Vicki Marble proposed a bill aimed to “tackle this problem” of people buying marijuana with food stamps in the state.

Except, there have been absolutely zero incidents of people trying to buy marijuana with their food stamp benefits. Only an idiot would think “pot brownies” would be covered as a SNAP purchase.

It’s completely absurd to think that somebody could walk into a pot shop and use their food stamps to purchase weed — but apparently that didn’t prompt Marble, or anyone at her office, to actually research if this was happening.

Like I said, complete and total incompetence.

- See more at: Colorado Republican Falls for Satire Story, Freaks Out and Proposes Bill Banning Food Stamps for Weed Purchases - Forward Progressives

We've seen rw's here fall for the same kind of thing. We've also seen some rw's lie outright about food stamps. Indeed, that's pretty common. But still, this dunderhead should have known better.

You idiot, we've seen people from all sides react to articles like that. Don't act like you lefties are immune, all humans make mistakes right up to the day they die.

The thing with the left is that when they make mistakes, they call it a misspeak not a mistake yet refer to the right as idiots when doing the same thing.

Colorado Republican Falls for Satire Story, Freaks Out and Proposes Bill Banning Food Stamps for Weed Purchases - Forward Progressives

So I don’t get how things like Rand Paul’s plagiarism scandal from a couple of months ago happen. Not that I can’t believe someone would plagiarize – it happens — but that nobody in his office caught it and brought it to Paul’s attention. I just don’t get it.

Well, what happened in Colorado recently might just take the cake. I mean, it’s one thing to propose some ridiculous bill that stands no chance at passing (it happens all the time) but to propose a bill based on outrage over a satire article written by the National Report is incompetence on a whole other level.

And that’s exactly what happened.

In Colorado, Republican State Senator Vicki Marble proposed a bill aimed to “tackle this problem” of people buying marijuana with food stamps in the state.

Except, there have been absolutely zero incidents of people trying to buy marijuana with their food stamp benefits. Only an idiot would think “pot brownies” would be covered as a SNAP purchase.

It’s completely absurd to think that somebody could walk into a pot shop and use their food stamps to purchase weed — but apparently that didn’t prompt Marble, or anyone at her office, to actually research if this was happening.

Like I said, complete and total incompetence.

- See more at: Colorado Republican Falls for Satire Story, Freaks Out and Proposes Bill Banning Food Stamps for Weed Purchases - Forward Progressives

We've seen rw's here fall for the same kind of thing. We've also seen some rw's lie outright about food stamps. Indeed, that's pretty common. But still, this dunderhead should have known better.

How many of you lefties fell for the claim by lesbian waitress saying a note about her lifestyle instead of a tip was left. I do believe it was later determined to be false.

Forum List

Back