Minnesota United Methodist approve gay rights resolution

Dr Grump said:
You are right of course. If there is a god only he or she knows what he or she would find acceptable regarding forgiving of sins etc...

And, of course, God would then communicate to His creation what He considered sinful behavior. Which he has.

dmp said:
...then why would Minnesota Methodist's policies matter to you enough to offer your $.02?

Because they are seeing the light re homosexuality and realising it has no affect on society and that two homosexuals in a loving relationship is no different from hetros being in a similar relatioship...bout time...

Dr Grump said:
Because they are seeing the light re homosexuality and realising it has no affect on society and that two homosexuals in a loving relationship is no different from hetros being in a similar relatioship...bout time...

By "seeing the light" do you really mean - or...you REALLY SHOULD MEAN "after giving up reason and data and fact, and believing hyperbole and fiction of Homophiles"...

I feel bad you're blinded, and loving it.

Dr Grump said:

What they are actually doing is rejecting the Biblical stance on homosesuality (i.e. that homosexuality is a sin), to their shame.

5stringJeff said:
What they are actually doing is rejecting the Biblical stance on homosesuality (i.e. that homosexuality is a sin), to their shame.

The bible gets interpreted so many different ways, but outsida that if there is a god I'm sure he or she'll take into account the person's whole life, not just their sexual orientation.

5stringJeff said:

I thought you don't believe in the Old Testament? As far as I know, the NT doesn't mention it....though it DOES talk a lot about caring for the poor, sick and underprivileged. :)

jillian said:
I thought you don't believe in the Old Testament? As far as I know, the NT doesn't mention it....though it DOES talk a lot about caring for the poor, sick and underprivileged. :)

N.T. Romans Chapter 1 verses 26 and 27 explicitly mentions the sin of homosexuality as man disregards his creator, but looks for reasons and identity in life in created things instead of the Creator.

Verses 26-27 of Romans:
(26) For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, (27) and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

Eightball said:
N.T. Romans Chapter 1 verses 26 and 27 explicitly mentions the sin of homosexuality as man disregards his creator, but looks for reasons and identity in life in created things instead of the Creator.

Verses 26-27 of Romans:
(26) For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, (27) and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

Wonder why god gave them over to degrading passions! She/he shoulda stopped them!!!

Dr Grump said:
Wonder why god gave them over to degrading passions! She/he shoulda stopped them!!!

Wouldn't that flush "free will" down the toilet, and make God out to be a slave-master?

The human psyche can't handle terminology that accepts, "free-will" and resulting in, choosing slavery to a Creator.

Most people think that slavery, is 1. being tortured into submission.....i.e. pick cotton or get your back shredded with whip. 2. Rowing monotonously in a Galleon for your entire life. 3. Being treated like an animal.

Actually, slaves could have much free-will, but of course were subject to a master. The peace or travail of their lives was totally subject to the master. The New Testament did not support slavery, but instead told Christian slave owners of the time to treat their slaves with respect, gentleness, etc. Christians who were slaves were exhorted to honor their masters, and do their work as Unto the Lord, not their earthly masters.

I'm not promoting slavery, as it is abominable for one human to rule over another in this way.

Throughout the N.T., Christ exemplifies submission to God, as though a bond-slave. It was an act of his own free will. "Not My will, but Thine." Not coerced, but freely submitted.

jillian said:

I believe in the whole Bible. However, Eightball is right; it's mentioned in Romans, and also 1 Corinthians.

Dr Grump said:
I hear ya re the slave analogy, however in the end, the god is still the master...

Yes, man has free-will, but will be accountable for it's effects, and results or non-results. Man is not without constraints in the finality of his earthly existence. Yes, he will either forceably or gladly bow down and accept the Lordship of God in the end. No one will avoid his ultimate master in the end.

I wish I could word this in a more cushy, fluffy, way, but it is a cold, stark, and scarey reality in the end, for some and not for some-others.

• Thanks
Reactions: Joz
Eightball said:
Yes, man has free-will, but will be accountable for it's effects, and results or non-results. Man is not without constraints in the finality of his earthly existence. Yes, he will either forceably or gladly bow down and accept the Lordship of God in the end. No one will avoid his ultimate master in the end.

I wish I could word this in a more cushy, fluffy, way, but it is a cold, stark, and scarey reality in the end, for some and not for some-others.

Ruler of the universe
Higher than the kings of earth
Long before the world began
Everything was in Your hands
Your glory will forever stand

For you are the Lord
And You are God above
Your love goes on and on

You are the everlasting Father
[You are the everlasting]
You are the everlasting light, oh yeah
Every knee shall bow [every knee shall bow]
You are the everlasting life

Through the raging of the seas
The hills proclaim Your majesty
All these things created for
The glorifying of the Lord
We praise Your name forevermore

For You are the Lord
And You are God above
Your love goes on and on

You are the everlasting Father
[You are the everlasting]
You are the everlasting light, oh yeah
Every knee shall bow [every knee shall bow]
Lord of mercy [we adore You now]
You are the everlasting life

My heard cries out
My spirit shouts
I'll praise Your name forevermore

Third Day
Album: Offerings II: All I Have To Give
Track: The Everlasting

Eightball said:

I do not find your words cold or stark because I simply do not believe. And if a god does exist, as I said, I'll take my chances.

Dr Grump said:
I do not find your words cold or stark because I simply do not believe. And if a god does exist, as I said, I'll take my chances.

Although I don't agree with your view, and find it quite alarming,

I do respect your right to it.

Forum List

Back