Zone1 United Methodist Church break-up

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
The traditionalist exodus out of the United Methodist Church in the U.S. is definitively white, Southern and male-led, according to a scholarly analysis of the most recent available data.

The report is the second of its kind from the Lewis Center for Church Leadership, a research center out of the UMC-affiliated Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington D.C., using a much larger data set than the first.

The new report shows that of the 6,000-plus churches that have left the UMC, through a process called disaffiliation, 70% of are in the denomination’s two Southern jurisdictions and 98% are majority white. More churches are expected to leave the UMC by the end of the year and lead researcher Lovett Weems, emeritus distinguished professor at Wesley, expects the trends to stay the same.

Comment:
The Left-Wing Democrat newspaper USA Today really blew three Leftist dog whistles.
"white, Southern and male-led"
Congregations left the United Methodist Church group because they are intolerant of mainstream people, and they are amoral.

My 2 cents.

The United Methodist is the kiddie pool of religions. Very little is asked of you and participation in almost every part of the church is voluntary compared to other religions. The one thing it is is completely accessible to any and all. The split came from the folks who are disdainful of this accessibility.

It is one of those cases (I was a member of the UMC for about 30+ years) where I see both sides points of view and really don't know where I come down.

I know a female pastor in the Methodist church. She posted the other day about how there was no such thing as a progressive reading of the Bible. I didn't say anything but I thought that without a progressive reading she would still be in the pews, not the pulpit.

The traditionalist exodus out of the United Methodist Church in the U.S. is definitively white, Southern and male-led, according to a scholarly analysis of the most recent available data.

The report is the second of its kind from the Lewis Center for Church Leadership, a research center out of the UMC-affiliated Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington D.C., using a much larger data set than the first.

The new report shows that of the 6,000-plus churches that have left the UMC, through a process called disaffiliation, 70% of are in the denomination’s two Southern jurisdictions and 98% are majority white. More churches are expected to leave the UMC by the end of the year and lead researcher Lovett Weems, emeritus distinguished professor at Wesley, expects the trends to stay the same.

Comment:
The Left-Wing Democrat newspaper USA Today really blew three Leftist dog whistles.
"white, Southern and male-led"
Congregations left the United Methodist Church group because they are intolerant of mainstream people, and they are amoral.

Half the congregation walked out of the UMC church my wife goes to, about a month ago. They had a vote to disaffiliate themselves with the UMC and it failed, so they just walked and started a more conservative Methodist church. And this was way up here in Wisconsin. The issues that had were the UMC's support of gay pastors, same-sex marriages, and disregarding the UMC's "Book of Discipline" and certain passages of the Bible.

They tithe to the New World Order global church. They are not good stewards of your money. Time to leave...
Jesus is OK with the Left so long as Jesus bows his knee to them

But God forbid Jesus disagrees with any of the DNC views and agendas. If so, they must then either destroy their followers or nail Jesus to a cross all over again.

btw, moronic OP. trying to blame the facts on the Left.

Are you an idiot or something? Leftism is the reason churches are disaffiliating themselves with the United Methodist and other churches. The congregations don't want a church that supports abortion, same-sex marriage, radical feminism, interfaith dialogue, forced redistribution of wealth, social justice, globalism, apoliticism, and illegal immigration.

It's Christianity, not Marxianity.

They tithe to the New World Order global church. They are not good stewards of your money. Time to leave...

Just to avoid confusion, there is a "Global Methodist Church". But it's actually more conservative than the United Methodist Church and Free Methodist Church, and isn't connected to the word "globalist."

Are you an idiot or something? Leftism is the reason churches are disaffiliating themselves with the United Methodist and other churches. The congregations don't want a church that supports abortion, same-sex marriage, radical feminism, interfaith dialogue, forced redistribution of wealth, social justice, globalism, apoliticism, and illegal immigration.

It's Christianity, not Marxianity.

this is what your fellow asshole queefed:

"The Left-Wing Democrat newspaper USA Today really blew three Leftist dog whistles.
"white, Southern and male-led""

aka blaming facts on an imagined left boogeyman. grow up, you imbeciles.

Half the congregation walked out of the UMC church my wife goes to, about a month ago. They had a vote to disaffiliate themselves with the UMC and it failed, so they just walked and started a more conservative Methodist church. And this was way up here in Wisconsin. The issues that had were the UMC's support of gay pastors, same-sex marriages, and disregarding the UMC's "Book of Discipline" and certain passages of the Bible.
The UMC Book of Discipline still reads that there will be no gay pastors, same sex marriages, etc, as you allude to here. The problem has been some bishops at the head of these districts allowing these things in violation of the Book of Discipline...causing churches to disaffiliate or congregations to split. My district is in adherence and therefore no churches have left, but there is a General Conference vote next year in Charlotte and the Book of Discipline could be altered depending on that vote. So many more may leave but it is costly as the UMC owns the properties.

I know a female pastor in the Methodist church. She posted the other day about how there was no such thing as a progressive reading of the Bible. I didn't say anything but I thought that without a progressive reading she would still be in the pews, not the pulpit.
Minor details to the left to read the Bible. Amazing how people have left Jesus Christ over LGBTQ issues. That's what happens when people justify bad behavior by belittling the Bible such as calling the Bible only a history book.

God bless them. And I do not say that because I "hate" gays or any such thing; I say that because a Christian "church" that disregards the Bible might as well be a bowling or Euchre club.

My parents' UMC church disaffiliated.

God bless them. And I do not say that because I "hate" gays or any such thing; I say that because a Christian "church" that disregards the Bible might as well be a bowling or Euchre club.

My parents' UMC church disaffiliated.
Jesus Himself rebuked the Church of Thyatira for embracing sexual immorality and allowing the teachings of Jezebel. Modern mainstream churches are doing just that now.

Forum List

Back