The debate on climate change is now over. The verdict: Too late to do anything about it!

Funny, that is how I feel when I encounter a fraud who has no idea what he is talking about. All you have presented is attempts to discredit. Never once have you attempted to debate or provide evidence for your position. You just scream "I am right". No matter how many times you spout the deceptions they will not become true.

In point of fact I actually provided support for my positions.

For instance you claimed Michael Mann was a fraud, and I showed you not ONE but SEVERAL investigations that found he is not a fraud.

I believe you'd actually have to understand science to teach anyone anything.

You might wish to sit this one out.

How would you know? ... remember, you don't think the Laws of Thermodynamics apply to the atmosphere ... from an account you stopped using ... go back an answer the question in that account ... you post lies unless you prove otherwise ... with appropriate citations ...

We don't trust you ...

What do we get when we integrate power with respect to time? ... an easy question for you ... let's see just how limited your knowledge is, Doctor ...

How would you know? ... remember, you don't think the Laws of Thermodynamics apply to the atmosphere

I don't know where you get that from. Care to fill me in?

Did you try to treat the Atmosphere as a closed system when I disagreed with you?

... from an account you stopped using ... go back an answer the question in that account ... you post lies unless you prove otherwise ... with appropriate citations ...

We don't trust you ...

You don't have to trust me but it would be nice if you were less angry and unhinged and making up stuff about me that I didn't say.

I don't know where you get that from. Care to fill me in?

Did you try to treat the Atmosphere as a closed system when I disagreed with you?

You don't have to trust me but it would be nice if you were less angry and unhinged and making up stuff about me that I didn't say.

What the hell difference does that make? ... both closed and open systems obey the Laws of Thermodynamics ... you claimed energy does NOT flow from excess to lack ... and I claim that's true whether or not the system is closed ...

It's as though you have absolutely no formal education in any of these matters? ... why do you pretend that you do? ... why do you lie with every post? ...

What do we get when we integrate power with respect to time?

What the hell difference does that make? ... both closed and open systems obey the Laws of Thermodynamics

Well, let's say you were talking about the SEcond Law: that ONLY applies in closed systems. Surely you know that.

And I'm still waiting for you to show me where I said the Laws of Thermo don't apply to the atmosphere in a general sense.

Well, let's say you were talking about the SEcond Law: that ONLY applies in closed systems. Surely you know that.

And I'm still waiting for you to show me where I said the Laws of Thermo don't apply to the atmosphere in a general sense.

Radiators by definition are open to the universe ... the Earth's surface is 15ºC ... outer space is -225ºC ... therefore, energy MUST move from Earth's surface to the vastness of open outer space ... according to the 2nd Law ... from where energy is plentiful, the surface of the Earth, to where energy is lacking, the vastness of outer space ...

What do we get when we integrate power with respect to time? ... c'mon liar, a simple physics question ... you have no idea do you? ...

6t98mj.jpg

Back in the early '80s, I was a field technician for Burroughs. I repaired word processors, fax machines, and minicomputers.

We always blamed any issue that wasn't obviously component failure on static. Then we upsold static mats, grounding straps, etc.

It always worked.

what a steaming pile of fresh bullshit. The fact is that the climate of planet earth has been changing for hundreds of millions of years and will be changing hundreds of millions after the last human is gone. Humans have never had anything to do with it, cannot stop it, cannot slow it, cannot reverse it, and short of all out nuclear war cannot have any affect on it.

But what you libs will not address is the pollution created by humans on earth. But for some insane reason you think you need an unprovable link between pollution and climate in order to fight pollution. But another example that liberalism is a mental disease. your post proved it.
You missed the sarcasm in my OP, Redfish.

No matter, my humor is often too subtle.

Back in the early '80s, I was a field technician for Burroughs. I repaired word processors, fax machines, and minicomputers.

We always blamed any issue that wasn't obviously component failure on static. Then we upsold static mats, grounding straps, etc.

It always worked.
iu

View attachment 676469

And this is just the beginning, insists McGuire, who is emeritus professor of geophysical and climate hazards at University College London. As he makes clear in his uncompromising depiction of the coming climatic catastrophe, we have – for far too long – ignored explicit warnings that rising carbon emissions are dangerously heating the Earth. Now we are going to pay the price for our complacence in the form of storms, floods, droughts and heatwaves that will easily surpass current extremes.

The crucial point, he argues, is that there is now no chance of us avoiding a perilous, all-pervasive climate breakdown. We have passed the point of no return and can expect a future in which lethal heatwaves and temperatures in excess of 50C (120F) are common in the tropics; where summers at temperate latitudes will invariably be baking hot, and where our oceans are destined to become warm and acidic. “A child born in 2020 will face a far more hostile world that its grandparents did,” McGuire insists.

I can almost hear that part in red being overly-dramatically read by a talking head with a thick Brit accent.

My take on this as an ignorant non-climate expert is that one hot summer is does not portend the end of the world. We've had hotter ones and the word didn't end. The nearby lake dropped considerably, but all the water came back.

But if it is now settled science that it is too late to do anything, we can all stop stressing out about it. Thank God. Let's just enjoy the little time we have left. I propose that reasonably young and attractive women break away from the norms of modest dress, since we need to stay cool.

Just be careful: If Al Gore, John Kerry, and Barack Obama sell their beachfront property, don't buy it! They will offer it at a bargain price, because it will be under water very soon. Warm and acidic water, to boot!

This important article states later:

And we should be in no doubt about the consequences. Anything above 1.5C will see a world plagued by intense summer heat, extreme drought, devastating floods, reduced crop yields, rapidly melting ice sheets and surging sea levels. A rise of 2C and above will seriously threaten the stability of global society, McGuire argues.

Since many more men than women will die off early, in a futile attempt to save the planet, will we have to abandon the traditional monogamous sexual relationship, at least as far as men are concerned?

Regretfully, yes.

It should also be noted that according to the most hopeful estimates of emission cut pledges made at Cop26, the world is on course to heat up by between 2.4C and 3C.

Doh! I bet now those 400 COP26 bigwigs wish they had not flown to the summit in private jets!

Been nice knowing y'all. Let's keep this forum going until the lights go out, huh?
It is getting bad and will get worse. The effects we're seeing now are from conditions 20 or 50 years ago. That's how big a delay there is when we're dealing with events on a planetary scale. BUT we can still take measures to curtail the severity of the change. To do nothing is tantamount to giving up without a fight. I think this planet is still worth saving despite all the humans on it.

I think this planet is still worth saving despite all the humans on it.

The idea of "saving" the planet is both ludicrous and pretentious.

The planet has no idea we are here. It will not even notice when we're gone.

It is getting bad and will get worse. The effects we're seeing now are from conditions 20 or 50 years ago. That's how big a delay there is when we're dealing with events on a planetary scale. BUT we can still take measures to curtail the severity of the change. To do nothing is tantamount to giving up without a fight. I think this planet is still worth saving despite all the humans on it.
The idea of "saving" the planet is both ludicrous and pretentious.
So is the idea that the existence of humans on planet Earth somehow would make it less worthy of said salvation. They have re-written the Eden story, so that now Man's sin is industrial progress. We deserve to lose our beautiful planetary garden, but through grace, we can get the salvation we do not deserve.

Salvation by the heroic Democrats of course. Super heroes like John Kerry and Al Gore literally flying through the air to save Mother Earth. So they fly in private jets, not with the power of the yellow Sun. Big deal. They are better than us, so they can't be bothered with the inconvenience of commercial aviation, which might slow down their fund raising and regulation writing.
The planet has no idea we are here. It will not even notice when we're gone.
Odd thing is that when promoting Darwinism, the left believes this much more firmly than anyone else. Humanity is not at all special, just another animal that will sooner or later be replaced by intelligent dolphins or whatever. Only when discussing global warming does man suddenly have such power over the planet.

So is the idea that the existence of humans on planet Earth somehow would make it less worthy of said salvation. They have re-written the Eden story, so that now Man's sin is industrial progress.

The Earth has no idea that humans exist on it's skin, any more than it knew about the dinosaurs or Cretaceous critters. Our Earth has, in its long life, been a molten hell, a frozen snowball, much drier and much wetter than it is today. Man had nothing to do with those changes. Our Earth will continue to rotate, orbit, and move around tectonically long after humans have left and intelligent ants have taken our place, never having noticed we are gone.

As for losing our "Eden". Industrial technology has brought us closer to a scriptural Eden than ever before. For most of human existence, we lived short, hard, lives, always one bad harvest away from starvation. Today, thanks to industrial technology, we live life-spans that only biblical patriarchs could hope for. We have an abundance of food. we don't even have to pick it off the tree, it is delivered to our door. We live lives of leisure and comfort that would make Adam and Eve envious.

Our skies are cleaner than those of men from Paleolithic to Victorian times, choking on their campfires and fireplaces. Our cities and suburbs are greener than ever before. Our streets are no longer ankle deep in refuse and animal manure as they have been since streets were invented.

You can self-flagellate over your ecological sins all you like if that brings you pleasure, but keep your scourges off of me. I have nothing for which to atone.

pain-punishment.gif

... That's how big a delay there is when we're dealing with events on a planetary scale ...

It only took an hour for Orson Welles to panic the nation ...

I remember 50 yers ago, the climate was exactly the same as it is today, and as it was 100 years ago ... same as it was 80 million years ago ... only the Hysteria has changed, we're not afraid of Martians, we're not afraids of Mulsims ... we're supposed to be afraid of the weather ...

If you own a passenger vehicle, then you're a hypocritical PIG ... P - I - G ... PIG ...

Radiators by definition are open to the universe ... the Earth's surface is 15ºC ... outer space is -225ºC ... therefore, energy MUST move from Earth's surface to the vastness of open outer space ... according to the 2nd Law ... from where energy is plentiful, the surface of the Earth, to where energy is lacking, the vastness of outer space ...

What do we get when we integrate power with respect to time? ... c'mon liar, a simple physics question ... you have no idea do you? ...

Wow....so you don't know what a "closed system" is? And you say you don't know where the Second Law applies?

Hmmm, color me surprised!

View attachment 676469

And this is just the beginning, insists McGuire, who is emeritus professor of geophysical and climate hazards at University College London. As he makes clear in his uncompromising depiction of the coming climatic catastrophe, we have – for far too long – ignored explicit warnings that rising carbon emissions are dangerously heating the Earth. Now we are going to pay the price for our complacence in the form of storms, floods, droughts and heatwaves that will easily surpass current extremes.

The crucial point, he argues, is that there is now no chance of us avoiding a perilous, all-pervasive climate breakdown. We have passed the point of no return and can expect a future in which lethal heatwaves and temperatures in excess of 50C (120F) are common in the tropics; where summers at temperate latitudes will invariably be baking hot, and where our oceans are destined to become warm and acidic. “A child born in 2020 will face a far more hostile world that its grandparents did,” McGuire insists.

I can almost hear that part in red being overly-dramatically read by a talking head with a thick Brit accent.

My take on this as an ignorant non-climate expert is that one hot summer is does not portend the end of the world. We've had hotter ones and the word didn't end. The nearby lake dropped considerably, but all the water came back.

But if it is now settled science that it is too late to do anything, we can all stop stressing out about it. Thank God. Let's just enjoy the little time we have left. I propose that reasonably young and attractive women break away from the norms of modest dress, since we need to stay cool.

Just be careful: If Al Gore, John Kerry, and Barack Obama sell their beachfront property, don't buy it! They will offer it at a bargain price, because it will be under water very soon. Warm and acidic water, to boot!

This important article states later:

And we should be in no doubt about the consequences. Anything above 1.5C will see a world plagued by intense summer heat, extreme drought, devastating floods, reduced crop yields, rapidly melting ice sheets and surging sea levels. A rise of 2C and above will seriously threaten the stability of global society, McGuire argues.

Since many more men than women will die off early, in a futile attempt to save the planet, will we have to abandon the traditional monogamous sexual relationship, at least as far as men are concerned?

Regretfully, yes.

It should also be noted that according to the most hopeful estimates of emission cut pledges made at Cop26, the world is on course to heat up by between 2.4C and 3C.

Doh! I bet now those 400 COP26 bigwigs wish they had not flown to the summit in private jets!

Been nice knowing y'all. Let's keep this forum going until the lights go out, huh?
Stop worrying. We will have a nuclear winter long before that happens.

The Earth has no idea that humans exist on it's skin, any more than it knew about the dinosaurs or Cretaceous critters. Our Earth has, in its long life, been a molten hell, a frozen snowball, much drier and much wetter than it is today. Man had nothing to do with those changes. Our Earth will continue to rotate, orbit, and move around tectonically long after humans have left and intelligent ants have taken our place, never having noticed we are gone.
True.
As for losing our "Eden". Industrial technology has brought us closer to a scriptural Eden than ever before. For most of human existence, we lived short, hard, lives, always one bad harvest away from starvation. Today, thanks to industrial technology, we live life-spans that only biblical patriarchs could hope for. We have an abundance of food. we don't even have to pick it off the tree, it is delivered to our door. We live lives of leisure and comfort that would make Adam and Eve envious.
Democrats don't get that part. At all. Because they dont' understand dynamic reasoning. They truly believe that they can stop industrialization and then hundred years later, which they will live to see, they can use social media to plan for a centinial of no industrialization party, at which they will have shelter, abundant food, heating and air conditioning, and convenient transportation to and from the party, after which they will return to their roomy and comfortable dwellings, proud of themselves for having vanquished the evil industrialists for good.

They don't think things through.
Our skies are cleaner than those of men from Paleolithic to Victorian times, choking on their campfires and fireplaces. Our cities and suburbs are greener than ever before. Our streets are no longer ankle deep in refuse and animal manure as they have been since streets were invented.

You can self-flagellate over your ecological sins all you like if that brings you pleasure, but keep your scourges off of me. I have nothing for which to atone.
Well said.

Forum List

Back