Thousands of churches flee the Methodist church

So if these churches just adopt the morality of the DNC, if only Jesus bows his knee to George Soros, then their churches would all prosper?

Is that what you are saying?

Have you looked at Joe Biden's approval numbers lately?
LOL...

306>232...Biden's approval numbers.

As for the post I made...it sounds like most conservatives would be happier in the Southern Baptist Church than Methodist anyway; if you want to mix politics and religion that is.

That is the DNC.

A Democrat can only be a Christian so long as the church bows to the DNC on every moral issue.

The DNC has an unspoken theology of infallibility.

Cultists gotta cult.

The churches must submit or they gotta go!!
Dude...you're talking about Oklahoma. Not exactly a blue state.

No, this is a hogwash. You were thinking of a Woghash.

1693454621765.jpeg

For those that don't know, there has been a nationwide schism over the Methodist church's stance on same-sex marriage and the ordination of noncelibate homosexuals. As a result, a myriad of churches have sought to flee their denomination.

How is this political? Well, the Oklahoma Supreme court got involved for some reason, and stopped a vote for one of the churches to leave the Methodist church.

Is this the beginning of the state forcing churches to accept the state position on gay marriage?

What happened to separation of church and state the Left seemed to be in love with?

Did you even bother to actually read the article you posted?

Earlier this year, the Church of the Servant filed suit against the conference, demanding that it be allowed to hold a new disaffiliation vote after two votes held last year failed to approve leaving the denomination.

The church held two votes and lost the vote to leave. The conference then said "you lost get over it" where those wanting to leave demanded another vote and filed suit to get it.

This is all a fight within the church, not politics. Is the courts simply supposed to ignore when a lawsuit is filed within the court? There was a lawsuit, it's the courts place to decide that lawsuit. They simply agreed with the conference that those wanting to leave couldn't have vote after vote after vote until the lawsuit was settled.

If you want to blame anyone for getting politics involved with religion, blame those who caused all of this to start with.

The GOP are Leftist light.

They voted right along with Biden in his big spending spree to kick up inflation.

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zero votes from MAGATS
But proof, once again, MAGATS eating MAGATS.
Enjoy your (being) lunch.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You seem to get a lot of satisfaction out of mocking people, even when you have to do mental gymnastics in order to do some. Very rarely do you engage in a conversation and for the most part just shit post because you get to feel good taunting people internet strangers with no chance of having to be face to face. I'm sure in real life you're too much of a coward to shit talk eyeball to eyeball.

And high level government doesn't necessarily mean at the state level. It goes beyond to federal, man of which push gay agendas on a fairly constant basis.

But I get it, you chose the narrow vision approach to your comment so you could all cap fake laughter thinking you'll piss someone off for a cheap jolly.
First, stinkfinger, I comment on the topic. If the person to whom I respond is displaying a particular ignorance or hypocrisy, then I take joy in pointing that out by laughing at them, not with them. That you find that behavior "upsetting" is great. It means there may be hope for your ignorant self.

Now...

You think OK government is run by "lefties?"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MAGATS eating MAGATS.

AND

You can use ignore schlubnugget.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:

For those that don't know, there has been a nationwide schism over the Methodist church's stance on same-sex marriage and the ordination of noncelibate homosexuals. As a result, a myriad of churches have sought to flee their denomination.

How is this political? Well, the Oklahoma Supreme court got involved for some reason, and stopped a vote for one of the churches to leave the Methodist church.

Is this the beginning of the state forcing churches to accept the state position on gay marriage?

What happened to separation of church and state the Left seemed to be in love with?
I'd simply change the name of my church if I was the pastor. I'd call it: "Nondenominational Bible Only Church." If the Bible teaches it? We follow it. If the Bible condemns it? We avoid it. Easy as pie.

If we're going to play the: "Separation of Church" game, then screw the Oklahoma Supreme Court.

I understand it's a facilities/money issue more than anything else.....They can leave anytime they want but can't leave with the church's treasure.

I'm sure there's a empty mall store they can set up shop in.

Those people that attend that church are the ones who financially supported it and paid the bills for the building, taxes, and utilities, along with the pastor's salary. They should now owe the over-arching organization anything.

Did you even bother to actually read the article you posted?

Earlier this year, the Church of the Servant filed suit against the conference, demanding that it be allowed to hold a new disaffiliation vote after two votes held last year failed to approve leaving the denomination.

The church held two votes and lost the vote to leave. The conference then said "you lost get over it" where those wanting to leave demanded another vote and filed suit to get it.

This is all a fight within the church, not politics. Is the courts simply supposed to ignore when a lawsuit is filed within the court? There was a lawsuit, it's the courts place to decide that lawsuit. They simply agreed with the conference that those wanting to leave couldn't have vote after vote after vote until the lawsuit was settled.

If you want to blame anyone for getting politics involved with religion, blame those who caused all of this to start with.
Fighting over money is the issue. The Left wins every time cuz its all they care about.

He was the one mocking me dolt.

Go play in traffic unless you have an actual point to make.

America is tired of the fascist self-righteous arrogant left.

And stop destroying churches like you do everything else you touch.

I think you owe the person you quoted an apology, he was on your side, your post doesn't make any sense.

Those people that attend that church are the ones who financially supported it and paid the bills for the building, taxes, and utilities, along with the pastor's salary. They should now owe the over-arching organization anything.
Evidently the courts did not see it that way.....Besides those moneys that was given to the church was of their own free will so the church owes them nothing in return.....Unless you want to start putting a price on "proper preaching".....Good luck with that.

Evidently the courts did not see it that way.....Besides those moneys that was given to the church was of their own free will so the church owes them nothing in return.....Unless you want to start putting a price on "proper preaching".....Good luck with that.

You give money to an organization in good faith that they will follow the guild lines and principles that they established at their founding because you agree and support said principles. When that organization goes against what they initially stood for, then they are the ones changing, not the parishioner. The parishioners have probably supported that church for many years of their lives and paid for that building with those funds. I agree that if Christians don't learn their lesson having gone through this, then shame on them. I'd never attend a church that has some overarching organization that controls and owns what the individual supporters are paying for.

Separation wheat from the chaff. All churches so to speak. That includes all of them.

Only those who do the Father's will.....only those.

I will be very fortunate to be among those who will be chosen. Have a lot of doubts about that.

I'm not just giving up though. While I fall and fall again, I crawl on my knees begging for mercy.

He is our only HOPE.

Forum List

Back