Mike Huckabee Says God's Laws Are Above Supreme Court Rulings

You cant prove a negative. Get it? I don't and can't prove God's non-existence. It's not possible. You have to prove existence of God.

Here try this experiment: Prove Cthulu, Odin and bigfoot don't exist. Assuming you believe they don't, that is.

Then you should not go around demanding that God doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Breaking News: You can'
Mike Huckabee The Supreme Court can t overrule God - CNNPolitics.com

"I respect the courts, but the Supreme Court is only that -- the supreme of the courts. It is not the supreme being. It cannot overrule God," he said. "When it comes to prayer, when it comes to life, and when it comes to the sanctity of marriage, the court cannot change what God has created."

Odd when you consider that Christianity did exactly that when it was founded from Judaism which had all of God's laws already. So apparently you can overrule God just like Christianity did when it overruled Jewish laws.

Dude give it up already! This is not Year 0, this is 2015. We wrote a constitution since then and found out God is a figment of people's imagination. We've moved on. Seriously! I don't know if you were being facetious but if you were then my apologies. If not please reconsider your opinions.

Remember, no one has ever won a debate against me unless they agreed with me 100%! :)

So give us the proof that God does not exist.
t prove a negative. Get it? I don't and can't prove God's non-existence. It's not possible. You have to prove existence of God.

Here try this experiment: Prove Cthulu, Odin and bigfoot don't exist. Assuming you believe they don't, that is.

I don't have to prove God exists.
I know he does.
It's up to you as an individual to find out if he really exists.
But to say God is a figment of people's imagination is wrong.

This committed pandering to the superstitious is why the Republican party cannot be taken seriously.

If they would just disavow every candidate that proudly informs their policy making from the "inerrant truth" of fairy tales, they would consistently defeat the Democrats and all of their social/economic "justice" hand wringers.

They'd have to give up their voodoo economics too. Although....I'm sure the talking heads could fool enough low info voters into thinking the GOP has a good record on the economy.

Well, I don't defend the discrimination so much as I find the punishment to be excessive for the offense.

You just have to defend the ability to discriminate, not the discrimination. And guess what? That makes you the enemy of most of the harder core lefties on this site. congrats.
Maybe so. But, there were people in the 60s who were not racists, but who sincerely believed that provisions of civil rights laws that compelled private behavior and altered the premise of one person one vote would prove counterproductive for society. Imo, time has proven them right. I'm not at all convinced that PA laws and gay rights will not have some similar effect.

Jesus was probably going to be nailed to a tree by the Romans regardless of anything he said to the priests during his trial by the Sanhedrin, but aside from tossing the money lenders from the Temple, Jesus compelled no one to do anything. Rather, he persuaded via morality.

Breaking News: You can'

"I respect the courts, but the Supreme Court is only that -- the supreme of the courts. It is not the supreme being. It cannot overrule God," he said. "When it comes to prayer, when it comes to life, and when it comes to the sanctity of marriage, the court cannot change what God has created."

Odd when you consider that Christianity did exactly that when it was founded from Judaism which had all of God's laws already. So apparently you can overrule God just like Christianity did when it overruled Jewish laws.

Dude give it up already! This is not Year 0, this is 2015. We wrote a constitution since then and found out God is a figment of people's imagination. We've moved on. Seriously! I don't know if you were being facetious but if you were then my apologies. If not please reconsider your opinions.

Remember, no one has ever won a debate against me unless they agreed with me 100%! :)

So give us the proof that God does not exist.
t prove a negative. Get it? I don't and can't prove God's non-existence. It's not possible. You have to prove existence of God.

Then you should not go around demanding that God doesn't exist.

That's the problem... they really are no different than those who they attack. They constantly insist that they are right and you are stupid if you don't believe what they believe.

Oh the irony... the full-of-shitness.

Well, I don't defend the discrimination so much as I find the punishment to be excessive for the offense.

You just have to defend the ability to discriminate, not the discrimination. And guess what? That makes you the enemy of most of the harder core lefties on this site. congrats.
Maybe so. But, there were people in the 60s who were not racists, but who sincerely believed that provisions of civil rights laws that compelled private behavior and altered the premise of one person one vote would prove counterproductive for society. Imo, time has proven them right. I'm not at all convinced that PA laws and gay rights will not have some similar effect.

Jesus was probably going to be nailed to a tree by the Romans regardless of anything he said to the priests during his trial by the Sanhedrin, but aside from tossing the money lenders from the Temple, Jesus compelled no one to do anything. Rather, he persuaded via morality.

The reason PA laws were needed in the South during the Civil Rights era was the pervasiveness and the government mandated status of the discrimination being affected to a much larger minority population, said discrimination having a significant economic impact on the ability of the abused minority to perform even the basic functions of living. it was systemic.

The current situation of the occasional vendor of a non necessary product or service is no way, shape or form similar to the above situation that created the need for strict PA laws.

God told me that Huckabee really should not give up his night job playing the guitar. He says that Huck is having problems mastering the fine points of religious philosophy, and somehow seems to be confusing politics with religion.

I want to create a new religion entered around our master, Obama. The only true God is Obama or at least that is what every Obama supporter told me.

No. Rush told you that was what Obama supporters believe. I know it gets hard for you to keep those things strait with all the voices in your head.

This committed pandering to the superstitious is why the Republican party cannot be taken seriously.

If they would just disavow every candidate that proudly informs their policy making from the "inerrant truth" of fairy tales, they would consistently defeat the Democrats and all of their social/economic "justice" hand wringers.

They'd have to give up their voodoo economics too. Although....I'm sure the talking heads could fool enough low info voters into thinking the GOP has a good record on the economy.

The above exchange is the intellectual equivalent of homosexual mutual materbation... OKA: a shameful waste of energy.

If he ever thought he was going to win the presidency with this platform, he should have first consulted Pat Robertson.

Religion and "god" are creations of man, subjective and personal, legally and constitutionally irrelevant.

prove it. or better yet, prove the opposite. You can't.

He doesn't have to prove it because there is no evidence to support the existence of God. One man's opinion that God exists carries no more weight than another man's opinion that he doesn't.

People wrote those laws. People who didn't know to wash after wiping. But they insist they were "inspired". Too bad God didn't tell them about "soap" and "hygiene" and "orthodontia".

Religion and "god" are creations of man, subjective and personal, legally and constitutionally irrelevant.

prove it. or better yet, prove the opposite. You can't.

He doesn't have to prove it because there is no evidence to support the existence of God. One man's opinion that God exists carries no more weight than another man's opinion that he doesn't.

And yet the vocal atheists on this board act that the "facts" are on their side. He's the one going all "sky pixie" on people.

The above exchange is the intellectual equivalent of homosexual mutual materbation... OKA: a shameful waste of energy.
The gay activities of gay folks can't concern me too terribly much. I lack the interest, and the taste for specially cultivated outrage.

However, there is a great deal of interest in homosexuals among the self-described conservatives/Republicans/right-wing on this board.

I'm figuring it's some kind of secretly hopeful envy.

Explain your obvious interest in queer folk.

The reason PA laws were needed in the South during the Civil Rights era was the pervasiveness and the government mandated status of the discrimination being affected to a much larger minority population, said discrimination having a significant economic impact on the ability of the abused minority to perform even the basic functions of living. it was systemic.

The current situation of the occasional vendor of a non necessary product or service is no way, shape or form similar to the above situation that created the need for strict PA laws.
Your perception of Jim Crowe society is incorrect. African Americans did have a society. They did have stores. They owned property. They had teachers, and in instances black cops and docs ... though far too few. Wal-Mart and KFC/McDonalds didn't come about because of PA laws. They came about because capitalists realized people would abandon local biz for cheaper prices, and capitalists saw only one color: green.

Private discrimination was wrong. And it is wrong. Even today, there are some businesses, mainly eating and drinking, where one or the other race is not welcome. But, they are a very very small minority. Without PA laws applying to Christian zealot bakers, if their discrimination is known, they'll have less biz, and with less biz their costs per cake increase. There may well be a market for cakes baked only by Christian zealot bakers, but the market will eventually be miniscule, with or without PA laws.

But the question is what unforeseen consequences will arise from demanding total accommodation at the point of putting unpayable fines on individuals that will prevent them from having the credit to buy homes and such?

Well said. You ought to stick to smaller words and use fewer acronyms.

Forum List

Back