Mike Huckabee Says God's Laws Are Above Supreme Court Rulings

Mike Huckabee The Supreme Court can t overrule God - CNNPolitics.com

"I respect the courts, but the Supreme Court is only that -- the supreme of the courts. It is not the supreme being. It cannot overrule God," he said. "When it comes to prayer, when it comes to life, and when it comes to the sanctity of marriage, the court cannot change what God has created."

Well then why is gay marriage happening if God doesn't want it to happen?
We will pay.

You can hardly blame the fellow...

Given that he's an ordained minister...

If you believe in God...

The sort of God who is the Creator and Ruler of the Universe...

Then...

Whose laws trump?

God's, or Man's?

==========================

Dog bites man.

MEH.

The Supreme Court rulings are above God's laws the same was the King's edicts were above God's laws, the same way Pharoah was the living God upon the earth. No matter how many laws the Supreme Court passes, they cannot overrule God. They can't pass a law that eliminates death, or keep gays from getting AIDS. They have no real power at all.

Huckabee effectively said that the Supreme Court shouldn't have the power to overturn unconstitutional laws,..
No... he said that Man should not be able to overturn God's laws.

...which means that Huckabee does not want constitutionality enforced...
Oh, I'm sure he's all in favor of 'constitutionality' - so long as 'constitutionality' does not collide with God's laws.

...He might as well of said we should get rid of the Constitution.
Nahhhhhh...

He simply seems to be in favor of continuing to interpret the Constitution with the framework of God's Laws, which we have been pretty much doing, de facto, for most of our history.

"I respect the courts, but the Supreme Court is only that -- the supreme of the courts. It is not the supreme being. It cannot overrule God," he said. "When it comes to prayer, when it comes to life, and when it comes to the sanctity of marriage, the court cannot change what God has created."

Huckster ought to be running for Supreme Ruler, maybe if he grew a beard and went to Iran he might have a chance. Here, not a snowballs chance in hell, but he knows that, he's all ego and probably makes a few bucks from the fundamentalist crowd.

Odd when you consider that Christianity did exactly that when it was founded from Judaism which had all of God's laws already. So apparently you can overrule God just like Christianity did when it overruled Jewish laws.

Dude give it up already! This is not Year 0, this is 2015. We wrote a constitution since then and found out God is a figment of people's imagination. We've moved on. Seriously! I don't know if you were being facetious but if you were then my apologies. If not please reconsider your opinions.

Remember, no one has ever won a debate against me unless they agreed with me 100%! :)
Oh look. Who knew that baboons could be hate mongers too!

Odd when you consider that Christianity did exactly that when it was founded from Judaism which had all of God's laws already. So apparently you can overrule God just like Christianity did when it overruled Jewish laws.

Dude give it up already! This is not Year 0, this is 2015. We wrote a constitution since then and found out God is a figment of people's imagination. We've moved on. Seriously! I don't know if you were being facetious but if you were then my apologies. If not please reconsider your opinions.

Remember, no one has ever won a debate against me unless they agreed with me 100%! :)

LOL baboons are hate mongers. I saw them at the republican convention center, in the baptist churches, at the NRA convention on TV....Yup, baboons can indeed be racist hate mongering southern baptist, homophobe bigots. You are right.

LOL baboons are hate mongers. I saw them at the republican convention center, in the baptist churches, at the NRA convention on TV....Yup, baboons can indeed be racist hate mongering southern baptist, homophobe bigots. You are right.
As usual, you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about...

A baboon is a lower form of life, that mimics human behavior, but lacks the intellectual capacity to see beyond itself. Much like any primitive life that lives day to day, not having the ability to consider something greater than self.

That hate part is really all that you are capable of, so I don't really hold it against you.

Those with an unwarranted fear and hatred of gay Americans will use religion to justify their fear and hate.
The only hate I see comes from the queers.

Straight, do you also blame the rape victims after they are raped by the rapists?
Put your crayons up dumbass. That shit is hard to read.

Grumpy Grampa, you moron, get your eyes checked.
I don't need my eyes checked dumbass. I already know they're bad. How bout you just type like an adult with normal colors & fonts?

A baboon is a lower form of life, that mimics human behavior, but lacks the intellectual capacity to see beyond itself. Much like any primitive life that lives day to day, not having the ability to consider something greater than self.

That hate part is really all that you are capable of, so I don't really hold it against you.

I know what a baboon is you don't have to teach me. As far as the hate goes, why don't you check out the voting record of the minorities of all colors and sizes and shapes and religions and diversity.....and figure out who are the real racist, homophobes, antisemites, misogynist, confederate flag flying, minority hating bigots? Who are they? Go hang out with them.

It is often a sign of authoritarian societies to believe that the civil authority is higher than ones own family, God, or just believing their is nothing higher than those placed in charge. this can only benefit those in power which is why dictatorships arise. I can't believe that this country is heading in that direction.

Those with an unwarranted fear and hatred of gay Americans will use religion to justify their fear and hate.
The only hate I see comes from the queers.

Straight, do you also blame the rape victims after they are raped by the rapists?
Put your crayons up dumbass. That shit is hard to read.

Grumpy Grampa, you moron, get your eyes checked.
I don't need my eyes checked dumbass. I already know they're bad. How bout you just type like an adult with normal colors & fonts?

Hey you don't have to read if it's that hard on your eyes. Now go buy more guns and let me know if you need to see Obama's BC.

It is often a sign of authoritarian societies to believe that the civil authority is higher than ones own family, God, or just believing their is nothing higher than those placed in charge. this can only benefit those in power which is why dictatorships arise. I can't believe that this country is heading in that direction.

There is no such thing as God AS described in the bible. Such a God does not exist. Thus there are no God's laws, but only manmade biblical laws which were written 2000 years ago and have no authority in the United states any ways. Bye.

That fits Obama to a tea...

There is no such thing as God AS described in the bible. Such a God does not exist. Thus there are no God's laws, but only manmade biblical laws which were written 2000 years ago and have no authority in the United states any ways. Bye.

I totally agree. Does the same thing apply to Allah?

Forum List

Back