Dow 40,000

I don't remember that speech. Why don't you link the quote for us, that didn't get the memo. Or is that just a made up lie of yours.

It is more than a little weird ( IMNHO) that you never seem to be aware of anything that doesn't fit into your echo chamber -
This even was in your echo chamber -

Erin Burnett - CNN interview where he famously blamed people for not spending money and then shifted the blame to evil corporations who were engaging in evil shrinkflation.

But what about the poor?
The RWI suddenly has Fake-Concern for the Poor.

They used to tell the poor to 'get a better job'
Now they just blame biden.
Just like Trump's their narrative is amorphous and expedient. They say whatever fits the moment.

I would assume that people having to work 2 jobs and do a side hustle to make ends meet would not spend a lot of their "free time" on an internet message board.
Well, back when I was trying to get ahead, I didn't spend much time writing letter to the editor, either. But, all is not lost, you can publicly suffer for them, since they are too busy getting ahead and living their lives.

SP500 is up like 40% since Biden took office. I don’t know how you could have had “a little more” under Trump if you are invested into the market.

There were ups and downs from the 2020 election onwards. I know what I had in dollars at Trump peak. I am nearly back to that.
Remember if the market was to drop 50% you have to go back up 100% just to get back to even. Drop 25% you have go go up 33% just to get to even. Get off me.

I posted actual numbers since MAR 2021. You can see it. If you are diversified. If you were all LARGE CAP stocks only you could be up ~40% over ~4 years.

But if your account was at a number under Trump....then dropped 25% with election turmoil...you have to go back up 33% to get to even. Add in diversification............you big shot day traders should know all of this. Small Cap are down overall under the chowderhead years.

Large cap down 18% in 2022....were you crowing then too? Stuff it. This is real life. This is with help from Advisors. This is diversified to minimze losses...........now it is starting to pay off big time. When the market goes down...I don't go down as much.
1715963053418.png

I walk around with the hat on below, many very upset people come to talk with me, and we discuss issues that are affecting all of them. Many are fearful of their own government. Does that bother you at all?

View attachment 948064
I'm the type that would just shake my head and keep walking, if we passed in Lowes or Kroger. This is a conservative state and part of town, but the activists showing their colors are really quite rare. I do see quite a few, with ball caps of their military service, but we just talk of shared experiences.

Maybe you are spending too much time on a message board and need to get out some?
I'm out when I am out, traveling when traveling. Maybe you should spend less time on message boards, then you might not suspect the bubble represents reality.

When you need to spend $400/wk to feed three kids and $100 fillups to go get it and pick up kids......not counting AC bill, medical, insurance. It is hard if you are only making $75K/yr with a family. Be better off sitting at home on $48K sect8 welfare amount.

Well, back when I was trying to get ahead, I didn't spend much time writing letter to the editor, either. But, all is not lost, you can publicly suffer for them, since they are too busy getting ahead and living their lives.

You and I are already there.

I am able to care about folks other than myself and the country as a whole.

So the Dow keeps crushing it under Pres. Biden, and Trump supporters say it is because Trump is leading in the polls.

Is there any hope for these people?

Trump Cult members will continue to lie about the economy being bad.

It rests on hot air and debt at an almost unbelievable level .

It is as sure to implode as tomorrow will be Saturday .

The Fed can do nothing except have more QE which amounts to re-using a failed policy .

The definition of madness . Not learning .

There were ups and downs from the 2020 election onwards. I know what I had in dollars at Trump peak. I am nearly back to that.
Remember if the market was to drop 50% you have to go back up 100% just to get back to even. Drop 25% you have go go up 33% just to get to even. Get off me.

I posted actual numbers since MAR 2021. You can see it. If you are diversified. If you were all LARGE CAP stocks only you could be up ~40% over ~4 years.

But if your account was at a number under Trump....then dropped 25% with election turmoil...you have to go back up 33% to get to even. Add in diversification............you big shot day traders should know all of this. Small Cap are down overall under the chowderhead years.

Large cap down 18% in 2022....were you crowing then too? Stuff it. This is real life. This is with help from Advisors. This is diversified to minimze losses...........now it is starting to pay off big time. When the market goes down...I don't go down as much.
View attachment 948069
I guess if you were super heavy in small caps, you wouldn’t have good returns, but that’s your fault.

The best thing for people to do is invest in total market funds and those are all up like 40% since Biden took office.

I guess if you were super heavy in small caps, you wouldn’t have good returns, but that’s your fault.

The best thing for people to do is invest in total market funds and those are all up like 40% since Biden took office.

The numbers are there. If you are in a diversified portfilio (Bonds, Fixed, Large, Small, International) depending on your mix you made less than going "all-in" on Large Caps. Exactly as I said from post #1 Day #1 forever.

If you were a big shot day trader with unlimited risk.....then you could have made more per year all in large cap stocks if you picked the right ones. My account is now starting to pay off. Steady increase. On MKT down days I no longer go down as much as the S&P market funds. I can't afford to lose 33-50% again like during the housing crash caused by Congress.

Diversification is an investors friend. Not an enemy.

otal market funds and those are all up like 40% since Biden took office.

Uh....earth to big mouth with crazy talk? EVERYONE is in funds as you post? Target funds or select a bunch or risker funds in your 401K or IRA.

Here are some Target date funds in John Hancock. Not one is up "40%" over 5 years. SHUP about it.

1715965707716.png

Here are Growth funds. Again not one over 40% (in 5yr, 10yr, 1yr none of it) as you suggest. Sod off Wanker.
1715965762466.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back