Liberty and Pizza...not Liberty OR Pizza!

As the fascist's argument is that the pizza shop refused service to some gay individual, showing that that is false should effectively end their claims. Simple to prove that.

Of course, the real argument is whether every knee must be bent to the radical agendas of the Left.

The argument of the traditionalists is 'pick up your pizza, and go enjoy it as you wish....but stop asking me to give you (rhetorically) a big wet kiss to go with it.'

Seems reasonable.

6. " It is an undisputed fact that Memories Pizza served a man regardless of his sexual relationships.

Its owners did not deny him service. They didn’t “turn him away.” They didn’t quiz the man when he came in, asking whether he identified as a homosexual or what he would use the pizza for.

.... no one involved is interested in simply turning away customers based on how they identify sexually.

People are interested in exercising the teachings of their faith regarding marriage, and in continuing to live quiet and peaceful lives in harmony with their communities, as they have been doing for years.

They haven’t sought a fight; it has come to them." How the Indiana Pizza Shop Responded After Being Tricked Into 'Catering' a Gay Wedding

Well...except for Liberals....they insist that everyone march lock-step.....

Sad, huh?

You're getting repetitious now. You've lost the argument.

Jim Crow is dead. He's not coming back. If you love him that much, go join him on the other side.

Why would you bring up Jim Crow...

Don't realize that Jim Crow was Democrat Liberal big government in action?

In point of fact, Democrats stopped every anti-lynching bill the Republicans brought to the Senate.

Put your foot in your mouth again, huh?

I'm not a Democrat and I'm not a conservative so what conservative Democrats did decades ago isn't really something you can pin on me.

You support Jim Crow. You support the right of a business to refuse service to anyone they choose.

You lost. Get over it.

Lost?

Watch:

4. And this update:

"WALKERTON, Ind. — A northern Indiana pizzeria that closed after its owner said his religious beliefs wouldn’t allow him to cater a gay wedding opened Thursday to a full house of friends, regulars and people wanting to show their support.... He said gays are welcome in his restaurant in the small, one-traffic-light town ofWalkerton, 20 miles southwest of South Bend, but that he would decline to cater a same-sex wedding because it would conflict with his Christian beliefs.

“I’d do the same thing again. It’s my belief. It’s our belief. It’s what we grew up on,” he said. “I’m just sorry it comes to this because neither one of us dislike any of those people. I don’t hold any grudges.”

... supporters raised more than $842,000 with donations from 29,160 contributors in 48 hours....

The restaurant reopened about 4 p.m. Thursday. He says that within an hour, all eight tables were filled and six people were waiting for carryout orders. There were no protests as of 7 p.m."
Memories Pizza of Walkerton, Indiana, reopens after gay wedding comments flap

Reopened.....$840,000 to the good....'There were no protests as of 7 p.m."

Some 'lost,' huh?

You can't legally refuse service to gays now.

You lost. Your desire to discriminate against gay Americans is losing all across America.

btw, how much did YOU donate to those bigots?
I would literally serve the bigot baiters horse sh!t, and dare them to do something about it...

Ronaldus Maximus...

I was just kidding when I said Saint Ronnie you know

He was a 3rd rate actor with alzheimers that nearly caused WW III and really fucked up your society with his voodoo economics. You're still suffering from the consequences today.

Not that you'll believe that of course, I doubt Queen Ann will ever say anything bad about him

:alcoholic:

As the fascist's argument is that the pizza shop refused service to some gay individual, showing that that is false should effectively end their claims. Simple to prove that.

Of course, the real argument is whether every knee must be bent to the radical agendas of the Left.

The argument of the traditionalists is 'pick up your pizza, and go enjoy it as you wish....but stop asking me to give you (rhetorically) a big wet kiss to go with it.'

Seems reasonable.

6. " It is an undisputed fact that Memories Pizza served a man regardless of his sexual relationships.

Its owners did not deny him service. They didn’t “turn him away.” They didn’t quiz the man when he came in, asking whether he identified as a homosexual or what he would use the pizza for.

.... no one involved is interested in simply turning away customers based on how they identify sexually.

People are interested in exercising the teachings of their faith regarding marriage, and in continuing to live quiet and peaceful lives in harmony with their communities, as they have been doing for years.

They haven’t sought a fight; it has come to them." How the Indiana Pizza Shop Responded After Being Tricked Into 'Catering' a Gay Wedding

Well...except for Liberals....they insist that everyone march lock-step.....

Sad, huh?

You're getting repetitious now. You've lost the argument.

Jim Crow is dead. He's not coming back. If you love him that much, go join him on the other side.

Why would you bring up Jim Crow...

Don't realize that Jim Crow was Democrat Liberal big government in action?

In point of fact, Democrats stopped every anti-lynching bill the Republicans brought to the Senate.

Put your foot in your mouth again, huh?

I'm not a Democrat and I'm not a conservative so what conservative Democrats did decades ago isn't really something you can pin on me.

You support Jim Crow. You support the right of a business to refuse service to anyone they choose.

Jim Crow was the province of Democrats.

Democrats.

Only Democrats...the purveyors of slavery, segregation and second class citizenship for blacks.

That remains true to this day, as the most popular Democrat today has an unbroken history of racism.

You can run, but you can't hide.

Ronaldus Maximus...

He was a 3rd rate actor with alzheimers that nearly caused WW III and really fucked up your society with his voodoo economics. You're still suffering from the consequences today.

Not that you'll believe that of course, I doubt Queen Ann will ever say anything bad about him

Reagan's policies resulted in a golden age for Americans....

...and his foreign policies saved the world from your kind. you know, the Evil Empire.

PC would use Stalin's tactics to crush her opponents if she had the power. She is a progressive far right wing statist.

...and his foreign policies saved the world from your kind. you know, the Evil Empire.

Sure, whatever you want to believe....

Did you ever read anything about Iran/Contra btw? Sponsoring the moderate Taliban in Afghanistan? Star Wars (not the movie)? The glorious invasion of Grenada? Barbara and astrology?

:smoke:

Sure, whatever you want to believe....

Did you ever read anything about Iran/Contra btw? Sponsoring the moderate Taliban in Afghanistan? Star Wars (not the movie)? The glorious invasion of Grenada? Barbara and astrology?

:smoke:

Read???

I'm an expert on the subject.

And, as you have found out, I can support everything I post.

...[recently] a man ordered two pizzas from Memories Pizza,without stating his reasons (as is quite normal when ordering pizza), and brought them back to serve at his same-sex wedding. He recorded the event on video and claimed that Memories “catered” his gay wedding—without knowing it.

7. ".... [Memories Pizza owner] O’Connor did not respond in an apoplectic manner with claims of “my conscience was violated here!”

Conscience is violated not merely by the occurrence of events; there must be knowledge of what one is getting oneself into or being forced to participate in....

...wedding vendors around the country who are asserting their religious freedom are doing so because they are knowingly being forced to participate in an act that violates their conscience, not because a customer disagrees with them on matters of sexuality.

Even then, [O'Connor] would have had no problem serving the customer the pizzas even if he knew who he was.

“We weren’t catering to their wedding,” Kevin said. “They were picking [pizzas] up.”

[O'Connor] has no problem with serving a person in his shop, whether or not that person identifies as gay."
How the Indiana Pizza Shop Responded After Being Tricked Into 'Catering' a Gay Wedding

"[O'Connor] has no problem with serving a person in his shop, whether or not that person identifies as gay."

That's not good enough for the fascists.

1. Must be difficult fighting for freedom in a culture dominated by a powerful political party, allied with a Left-wing media, that attack traditional values, that include liberty and freedom to express alternative views.

But some do.

Consider the poor Memories Pizza folks who were cornered into stating that they would decline participating in a gay wedding ceremony due to their beliefs.

The gay Mafia tried to put them out of business.

2. " Kirsten Powers, a Fox News contributor and admitted Liberal, is not too happy with the backlash faced by Memories Pizza who were caught in the aftermath of the anger among LGBT activists with Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) passage into law.
...the pizzeria was shut down due to death threats and other threats of violence, as well as an attempt to ruin their business reputation.

Powers penned an op-ed in USA Today entitled “Gay Marriage Debate’s Sore Winners” in which she blasts those who have targeted the O’Connors, and others like them, because their thought on a certain subject is not what these activists believe it should be.

A girls golf coach at an Indiana high school tweeted, “Who’s going to Walkerton, IN to burn down #memoriespizza w me?”
The pizzeria outside South Bend received death threats and harassment
and felt forced to shut down the shop. It’s Yelp page was vandalized with obscene and homo-erotic pictures. The owners have said they don’t know if it will be safe to re-open.

In fact,the owners told the reporter that they would never refuse to serve a gay customer who came to the restaurant to eat
The wrath of gay rights supporters rained down on Memories Pizza because O’Connor committed a thought crime. She discriminated against nobody, but thinks the “wrong” thing about same-sex marriage and she said it out loud.
Liberal Kirsten Powers Blasts LGBT Activists as Intolerant Bullies

3. But the attacks kinda came back to bite 'em in the butt:

" Browbeating Christians into submission is not a new tactic, and it is a tactic that has largely failed in the abortion arena—despite the existence of legal doctrines that are dramatically skewed against the pro-life movement. Yet the pro-life movement is as strong as it has ever been, and political outcomes are finally starting to reflect that strength,...

[And a President who supported infanticide!]

...the religious liberty movement is showing increasing, not decreasing cultural strength. While it is easy to grow discouraged in the face of events like Brendan Eich’s departure from Mozilla, the wave of threats directed at vendors like Memories Pizza, Republican politicians’ continued timidity on “culture war” issues, and the climate of intolerance that exists on campuses and in the mainstream media,the Left’s prominent failures are starting to outnumber its recent successes.

...the grassroots response in support of Memories Pizza soon swamped the Left. A GoFundMe account set up to support the owners raised more than $800,000 in small donations in a matter of days (including over $200,000 in one day), putting the pizza restaurant in a far superior financial position than it had enjoyed before the controversy.

The message was clear: Cultural conservatives are not, in fact, culturally isolated but rather have the support of millions of Americans who oppose leftist bullying."
Imprimis A monthly digest on liberty and the defense of America s founding principles

More to come: an interesting new development.....
Another Chica diatribe of hypocrisy and distortion! You go on and on about how one faction is depriving your faction of certain rights with their free exercise of their rights. You play at being totally ignorant of the fact the other faction is exercising their rights in RESPONSE to lawfully held convictions of your faction who in your own words, "... attack...values, that include liberty and freedom to express alternative views." [OP . Post #1] That right is not exclusive to your Tribe, Chica!

In other words, your faction does NOT have the exclusive rights to Constitutionally guaranteed rights! Neither faction have exclusive rights, so wise up and get used to it! We all have the same rights to act stupidly or properly in the moment and the law!

Depriving one of his right to pizza, delivered and served!

Quite a 'right.'

Anchovies a 'right,' too?

Did you mention the Constitution,you fool?

This part:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

You missed this the first time around? I think not! You were simply hung by your own petard! Further, there was no need to resort to ad hominem initially on your part, was there! In any case, back at ya with your own BS and misunderstanding that ALL God's children got rights in these here United States for the SECOND TIME!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Yes, this part of the Constitution, too:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Your faction holds no patent on any portion of Amendment I. Wise up to that fact, Chica!

////////////////

Bottom line Chica is the free exercise clause does not trump the free speech clause, regardless of how your champion in Iron Panties, Ann Coulter, or you wish to frame the topic of discussion.

Now bring some more of your ad hominem indicating your inability to counter the rational logic presented!

It's funny how so many divorced people, like the Memories Pizza owner, become symbols for the "sanctity of marriage." :laugh:

What a joke! Oh well gays can marry and Memories Pizza, if they catered weddings, wouldn't be allowed to turn a gay couple down. Of course they have never catered a wedding before, so they wouldn't have to.

aftermath of the anger among LGBT activists with Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) passage into law.

There is your culprit. That was a terrible law that is still having some unintended negative consequences for the state and governor. The O'Connors took the full brunt of the rage from Governor Pence's unexpected decision to sign it. They were definitely railroaded into being the face of the RFRA. I thought some of the media coverage was irresponsible and the behavior of certain LGBT supporters abhorrent. There is no room for that kind of slander and/or threats of violence in a society that takes such pride in its freedoms. I do think it was a mistake on the daughter's part to make the comment in the first place given the atmosphere. Luckily they ended up making lemonade out of the situation.

aftermath of the anger among LGBT activists with Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) passage into law.

There is your culprit. That was a terrible law that is still having some unintended negative consequences for the state and governor. The O'Connors took the full brunt of the rage from Governor Pence's unexpected decision to sign it. They were definitely railroaded into being the face of the RFRA. I thought some of the media coverage was irresponsible and the behavior of certain LGBT supporters abhorrent. There is no room for that kind of slander and/or threats of violence in a society that takes such pride in its freedoms. I do think it was a mistake on the daughter's part to make the comment in the first place given the atmosphere. Luckily they ended up making lemonade out of the situation.

That avi is making me drool!!!!

Stop it at once!!!

And this: ""a governmental entity may not substantially burden a person's exercise of religion...[unless it] (1) is in furtherance of a compelling governmental interest; and (2) is the least restrictive means of furthering that compelling governmental interest."

What's the prob?

1. Must be difficult fighting for freedom in a culture dominated by a powerful political party, allied with a Left-wing media, that attack traditional values, that include liberty and freedom to express alternative views.
They can believe whatever they like, but the business license comes from us, and so do the rules that businesses operate under. Don't like it, work for someone else but they will also be under our rules. That's just life in the big city...

Ronaldus Maximus...

his economy was based on transferring taxpayer $$$ to defense contractors AKA- crony capitalism.

That avi is making me drool!!!!

Stop it at once!!!

And this: ""a governmental entity may not substantially burden a person's exercise of religion...[unless it] (1) is in furtherance of a compelling governmental interest; and (2) is the least restrictive means of furthering that compelling governmental interest."

What's the prob?
One example is the way it's being used by sex offenders/pedophiles. A suit was brought claiming their religious freedom is being infringed because they are not allowed to attend church. State law prevents said persons from attending churches that have schools. Also the Church of Cannabis was formed and claims smoking marijuana is part of their religious ceremonies. I happen to think that one is hilarious.

They can believe whatever they like, but the business license comes from us, and so do the rules that businesses operate under. Don't like it, work for someone else but they will also be under our rules. That's just life in the big city...

I'm sure you don't realize it...but your post simply rephrased the OP that you quoted.

But....fighting evil, standing for the values of our Founders, rather than the totalitarian ones you endorse, I what I propose.

"Principle is nothing to liberals. Winning is everything."
Coulter

I'm sure you don't realize it...but your post simply rephrased the OP that you quoted.

But....fighting evil, standing for the values of our Founders, rather than the totalitarian ones you endorse, I what I propose.

Coulter
Evil is treating others in business transactions as if they unequal to yourself. You can do that at your churches and private clubs. In business everyone needs to get on with their day...

Coulter
Evil is treating others in business transactions as if they unequal to yourself. You can do that at your churches and private clubs. In business everyone needs to get on with their day...

"Evil is treating others in business transactions as if they unequal to yourself."

This is the sort of thing one must right when they can't come up with anything that is actually related to the thread.

Coulter

"Evil is treating others in business transactions as if they unequal to yourself."

This is the sort of thing one must right when they can't come up with anything that is actually related to the thread.
That is the thread. Liberty, like religious freedom, is when you are standing on the public square not when you are standing behind the counter taking credit cards. That's work and the rules change...

Forum List

Back