Liberty and Pizza...not Liberty OR Pizza!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. Must be difficult fighting for freedom in a culture dominated by a powerful political party, allied with a Left-wing media, that attack traditional values, that include liberty and freedom to express alternative views.

But some do.

Consider the poor Memories Pizza folks who were cornered into stating that they would decline participating in a gay wedding ceremony due to their beliefs.

The gay Mafia tried to put them out of business.

2. " Kirsten Powers, a Fox News contributor and admitted Liberal, is not too happy with the backlash faced by Memories Pizza who were caught in the aftermath of the anger among LGBT activists with Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) passage into law.
...the pizzeria was shut down due to death threats and other threats of violence, as well as an attempt to ruin their business reputation.

Powers penned an op-ed in USA Today entitled “Gay Marriage Debate’s Sore Winners” in which she blasts those who have targeted the O’Connors, and others like them, because their thought on a certain subject is not what these activists believe it should be.

A girls golf coach at an Indiana high school tweeted, “Who’s going to Walkerton, IN to burn down #memoriespizza w me?”
The pizzeria outside South Bend received death threats and harassment
and felt forced to shut down the shop. It’s Yelp page was vandalized with obscene and homo-erotic pictures. The owners have said they don’t know if it will be safe to re-open.

In fact,the owners told the reporter that they would never refuse to serve a gay customer who came to the restaurant to eat
The wrath of gay rights supporters rained down on Memories Pizza because O’Connor committed a thought crime. She discriminated against nobody, but thinks the “wrong” thing about same-sex marriage and she said it out loud.
Liberal Kirsten Powers Blasts LGBT Activists as Intolerant Bullies

3. But the attacks kinda came back to bite 'em in the butt:

" Browbeating Christians into submission is not a new tactic, and it is a tactic that has largely failed in the abortion arena—despite the existence of legal doctrines that are dramatically skewed against the pro-life movement. Yet the pro-life movement is as strong as it has ever been, and political outcomes are finally starting to reflect that strength,...

[And a President who supported infanticide!]

...the religious liberty movement is showing increasing, not decreasing cultural strength. While it is easy to grow discouraged in the face of events like Brendan Eich’s departure from Mozilla, the wave of threats directed at vendors like Memories Pizza, Republican politicians’ continued timidity on “culture war” issues, and the climate of intolerance that exists on campuses and in the mainstream media,the Left’s prominent failures are starting to outnumber its recent successes.

...the grassroots response in support of Memories Pizza soon swamped the Left. A GoFundMe account set up to support the owners raised more than $800,000 in small donations in a matter of days (including over $200,000 in one day), putting the pizza restaurant in a far superior financial position than it had enjoyed before the controversy.

The message was clear: Cultural conservatives are not, in fact, culturally isolated but rather have the support of millions of Americans who oppose leftist bullying."
Imprimis A monthly digest on liberty and the defense of America s founding principles

More to come: an interesting new development.....

Of course millions of far right socons oppose American agendas. But they are in the very small cultural minority. Make my pizza a Supreme super loaded.

Depends:

Are we talking NY Style pizza or deep dish?

20070105rochpie-thumb.jpg

Memories Pizza is how social conservatives sooth themselves over the fact that Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Restoration Act' was changed to ensure that businesses cannot discriminate against gays.

1. Must be difficult fighting for freedom in a culture dominated by a powerful political party, allied with a Left-wing media, that attack traditional values, that include liberty and freedom to express alternative views.

But some do.

Consider the poor Memories Pizza folks who were cornered into stating that they would decline participating in a gay wedding ceremony due to their beliefs.

The gay Mafia tried to put them out of business.

2. " Kirsten Powers, a Fox News contributor and admitted Liberal, is not too happy with the backlash faced by Memories Pizza who were caught in the aftermath of the anger among LGBT activists with Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) passage into law.
...the pizzeria was shut down due to death threats and other threats of violence, as well as an attempt to ruin their business reputation.

Powers penned an op-ed in USA Today entitled “Gay Marriage Debate’s Sore Winners” in which she blasts those who have targeted the O’Connors, and others like them, because their thought on a certain subject is not what these activists believe it should be.

A girls golf coach at an Indiana high school tweeted, “Who’s going to Walkerton, IN to burn down #memoriespizza w me?”
The pizzeria outside South Bend received death threats and harassment
and felt forced to shut down the shop. It’s Yelp page was vandalized with obscene and homo-erotic pictures. The owners have said they don’t know if it will be safe to re-open.

In fact,the owners told the reporter that they would never refuse to serve a gay customer who came to the restaurant to eat
The wrath of gay rights supporters rained down on Memories Pizza because O’Connor committed a thought crime. She discriminated against nobody, but thinks the “wrong” thing about same-sex marriage and she said it out loud.
Liberal Kirsten Powers Blasts LGBT Activists as Intolerant Bullies

3. But the attacks kinda came back to bite 'em in the butt:

" Browbeating Christians into submission is not a new tactic, and it is a tactic that has largely failed in the abortion arena—despite the existence of legal doctrines that are dramatically skewed against the pro-life movement. Yet the pro-life movement is as strong as it has ever been, and political outcomes are finally starting to reflect that strength,...

[And a President who supported infanticide!]

...the religious liberty movement is showing increasing, not decreasing cultural strength. While it is easy to grow discouraged in the face of events like Brendan Eich’s departure from Mozilla, the wave of threats directed at vendors like Memories Pizza, Republican politicians’ continued timidity on “culture war” issues, and the climate of intolerance that exists on campuses and in the mainstream media,the Left’s prominent failures are starting to outnumber its recent successes.

...the grassroots response in support of Memories Pizza soon swamped the Left. A GoFundMe account set up to support the owners raised more than $800,000 in small donations in a matter of days (including over $200,000 in one day), putting the pizza restaurant in a far superior financial position than it had enjoyed before the controversy.

The message was clear: Cultural conservatives are not, in fact, culturally isolated but rather have the support of millions of Americans who oppose leftist bullying."
Imprimis A monthly digest on liberty and the defense of America s founding principles

More to come: an interesting new development.....
Some on the left believe in the Religious liberty to bear True Witness to men by having women bear true witness for relationships, and their goals in achieving them.

You lost. Get over it.

Lost?

Watch:

4. And this update:

"WALKERTON, Ind. — A northern Indiana pizzeria that closed after its owner said his religious beliefs wouldn’t allow him to cater a gay wedding opened Thursday to a full house of friends, regulars and people wanting to show their support.... He said gays are welcome in his restaurant in the small, one-traffic-light town ofWalkerton, 20 miles southwest of South Bend, but that he would decline to cater a same-sex wedding because it would conflict with his Christian beliefs.

“I’d do the same thing again. It’s my belief. It’s our belief. It’s what we grew up on,” he said. “I’m just sorry it comes to this because neither one of us dislike any of those people. I don’t hold any grudges.”

... supporters raised more than $842,000 with donations from 29,160 contributors in 48 hours....

The restaurant reopened about 4 p.m. Thursday. He says that within an hour, all eight tables were filled and six people were waiting for carryout orders. There were no protests as of 7 p.m."
Memories Pizza of Walkerton, Indiana, reopens after gay wedding comments flap

Reopened.....$840,000 to the good....'There were no protests as of 7 p.m."

Some 'lost,' huh?

You lost. Get over it.

Lost?

Watch:

4. And this update:

"WALKERTON, Ind. — A northern Indiana pizzeria that closed after its owner said his religious beliefs wouldn’t allow him to cater a gay wedding opened Thursday to a full house of friends, regulars and people wanting to show their support.... He said gays are welcome in his restaurant in the small, one-traffic-light town ofWalkerton, 20 miles southwest of South Bend, but that he would decline to cater a same-sex wedding because it would conflict with his Christian beliefs.

“I’d do the same thing again. It’s my belief. It’s our belief. It’s what we grew up on,” he said. “I’m just sorry it comes to this because neither one of us dislike any of those people. I don’t hold any grudges.”

... supporters raised more than $842,000 with donations from 29,160 contributors in 48 hours....

The restaurant reopened about 4 p.m. Thursday. He says that within an hour, all eight tables were filled and six people were waiting for carryout orders. There were no protests as of 7 p.m."

Some 'lost,' huh?

You can't legally refuse service to gays now.

You lost. Your desire to discriminate against gay Americans is losing all across America.

btw, how much did YOU donate to those bigots?

You lost. Get over it.

Lost?

Watch:

4. And this update:

"WALKERTON, Ind. — A northern Indiana pizzeria that closed after its owner said his religious beliefs wouldn’t allow him to cater a gay wedding opened Thursday to a full house of friends, regulars and people wanting to show their support.... He said gays are welcome in his restaurant in the small, one-traffic-light town of Walkerton, 20 miles southwest of South Bend, but that he would decline to cater a same-sex wedding because it would conflict with his Christian beliefs.

Some 'lost,' huh?

You lost. Your desire to discriminate against gay Americans is losing all across America.

"You can't legally refuse service to gays now."

And you post that....why?

They never did.

"He said gays are welcome in his restaurant..."

You lost. Get over it.

Lost?

Watch:

4. And this update:

"WALKERTON, Ind. — A northern Indiana pizzeria that closed after its owner said his religious beliefs wouldn’t allow him to cater a gay wedding opened Thursday to a full house of friends, regulars and people wanting to show their support.... He said gays are welcome in his restaurant in the small, one-traffic-light town of Walkerton, 20 miles southwest of South Bend, but that he would decline to cater a same-sex wedding because it would conflict with his Christian beliefs.

Some 'lost,' huh?

They never did.

No he said he would refuse to cater a gay wedding because he (wrongly) believes that Christians are supposed to hate gays.

He's an idiot, and you're worse than he is because you should know better.

So these people are unemployed and strangers are supporting them and giving them money?

Isn't this the opposite of what conservatives espouse? Its the bizarre world!

You lost. Get over it.

Lost?

Watch:

4. And this update:

Some 'lost,' huh?

They never did.

No he said he would refuse to cater a gay wedding because he (wrongly) believes that Christians are supposed to hate gays.

He's an idiot, and you're worse than he is because you should know better.

Funny thing about the neo-fascists....called Liberals, or Democrats or Progressives.....

If anyone's beliefs don't coincide with your, then you must follow Stalin's dictum:

Stalin once asked a meeting of interrogators, "How much does the Soviet Union weigh?" Of course, he was reminding them to use the full weight of the state to break suspects. " Static Age Stalin the Terrible

And they did.

The Cheka secret police came, mostly at night....the arrests lasted, usually about three months."The tortures described by Solzhenitsyn are unendurable. ..."

You guys haven't the ability to do that yet....but you do try to deprive any who don't toe the line of their livelihood.

So....when must one address you with "Sieg Heil"?
Any day now?

Forum List

Back