Liberals And Learning: Oil And Water

I know exactly what they are and why they do what they do. It's because they lost power and all of the US doesn't have that subjugated look to it. Where everything was peaches and cream and if it wasn't for you they had ways of making you disappear. Especially you unwed pregnant girls..
But Polichic takes the cake, she evidently has no man from her ideological set, since she would be gated at the mouth and her activities by that strong conservative far right wing reactionary old man...

You shouldn't be getting high in the middle of the day.

The question was, which countries are doing better than the US because their educational systems are more conservative?

Actually, the question is; How could your question possibly be relevant?

The US has no education system.

Hawaii has an Education System.

The other states have numerous systems within their borders.

What does "doing better" mean? Better at Math? Better Standard of Living? Higher Productivity?

What does "More Conservative" mean? A more conservative interpretation of the US Constitution? Why would other countries interpret the US Constitution and apply it to their school systems?

See, when you're non-partisan, all these little details become relevant.

Last edited:
Not all public schools are unionized....nor is every teacher a liberal...As per usual, the same fallacies of prior cut-n-paste hack jobs...I blame Ann more than her slave Polivinylchic, Ann is getting fame and cash for her motions...
True.
It seems to becoming more and more prevalent. I first noticed it in 72'. In the 80s it got worse. My old school San Diego State just might kick you off campus if you wear a Bush Cheney shirt with an American flag on it.

*I have one*

Funny thin is, I've raised kids for 30 years and I have yet to see much difference in what is taught, just that the timetable was moved up a year or two. When I was in 8th grade(1975) We had to learn Algebra.. My first son had to learn it in 7th(1992)..Today my 12 year old son is in 6th grade and learning Algebra..
Miss Coulter needs to get away from her glass house and try living like the majority of Americans do...if she wants to write anything that actually resembles what really goes on in the US, and not the occasional bumps humans have...that gets exploited for political points..
Have you sat in a classroom in the last 30 years?

I have.

I agree. Moonglow has very accurately described the progression of teaching Math in the past 30 years.

There are different techniques for teaching Math. E.g. in 1975 Computers couldn't be used to teach, but Algebra itself hasn't changed since Babylonians began using it.
Math isn't the only thing taught in our schools.

True, but Moonglow's description was about Math, and your reply was "Have you sat in a classroom in the last 30 years."

Apparently what you meant to say was, "have you sat in any classroom EXCEPT a Math Classroom" in the past 30 years?"

My answer would be yes.

What is your point?

Liberal control of the schools means communism replaced education in the classroom.

5. What is the reason for the change in direction of our schools?
Answer: Liberalism, and its soul mate, communism.
They teach it to prospective teachers, and it winds up in the classrooms of earlier grades.

Progressives/Liberals shun content-rich curricula, and focus on Leftwing enculturation. Dewey and Freire are their gods.

".... Pedagogy of the Oppressed, by the Brazilian educator Paulo Freire.This book has achieved near-iconic status in America’s teacher-training programs.... Pedagogy of the Oppressed mentions none of the issues that troubled education reformers throughout the twentieth century: testing, standards, curriculum, the role of parents, how to organize schools, what subjects should be taught in various grades, how best to train teachers, the most effective way of teaching disadvantaged students. This ed-school bestseller is, instead, a utopian political tract calling for the overthrow of capitalist hegemony and the creation of classless societies.

[Friere] cites a rather different set of figures: Marx, Lenin, Mao, Che Guevara, and Fidel Castro, as well as the radical intellectuals Frantz Fanon, Régis Debray, Herbert Marcuse, Jean-Paul Sartre, Louis Althusser, and Georg Lukács.
And no wonder, since Freire’s main idea is that the central contradiction of every society is between the “oppressors” and the “oppressed” and that revolution should resolve their conflict. The “oppressed” are, moreover, destined to develop a “pedagogy” that leads them to their own liberation.

The pedagogical point of Freire’s thesis: its opposition to taxing students with any actual academic content, which Freire derides as “official knowledge” that serves to rationalize inequality within capitalist society. .... Freire proposes instead that teachers partner with their coequals, the students, in a “dialogic” and “problem-solving” process until the roles of teacher and student merge into “teacher-students” and “student-teachers.”
Pedagogy of the Oppressor by Sol Stern City Journal Spring 2009

"...opposition to taxing students with any actual academic content,..."
And the Liberal seals clap for this....and ignore what has happened to education.

6. So, what passes for, or replaces, education in Progressive/Liberal government schooling today?

Ideology.

" McKinley Middle School teacher asks students to compare Hitler, Bush...

.... D.C. middle school homework assignment goes a little something like this: Compare and contrast former President George W. Bush with Adolf Hitler.... students were told to turn the worksheet in Wednesday after finishing up readings about Hitler and Bush..

.... the District of Columbia Public Schools provides teachers with “an English-Language Arts curriculum that outlines the topics, texts and standards to be taught within instructional units, while allowing teachers the flexibility to decide the best approach and day-to-day lessons for their students.” McKinley Middle School teacher asks students to compare Hitler Bush - The Washington Post

Did I mention that the school system has been taken over by Liberals?

Wadda ya' think....is this the only classroom where this goes on?
I wish.

Hitler killed millions of people because they were different than him. He demonized Jews, liberals, gays, gypsies, communists, etc. He was able to convince the vast majority of his citizens to go along with that.

Bush killed thousands of people because he wanted to do so. He demonized liberals, gays, communits, etc. He was able to convince about half the country to go along with him.

Hitler was much worse than Bush.

PoliticalChic was homeschooled in a dungeon. Cut her some slack.

Of course rightwingers don't like any liberal influence in the educational system; duh, they don't like liberal influence in anything.

Of bloods & crips, is one "side" morally justified in its killings and drug dealing?

Politics is kind of the same way.

You don't point out the absurdity of a partisan-plagued world-view by spiddling the same leaves of different colors and calling it a win.

Well, if you've decided that no one is right, what's left?
The person who doesnt pledge allegiance to a predetermined set of views but instead is pragmatic enough to see that the rational answers usually lay somewhere in the middle.

Once you take up for a side, your view becomes warped necessarily as everything you read and interpret, whether you're strong or weak willed to an extent, is colored through that lens.

There is no greater example than our dumb-assed op here.

I don't take up for a side. I believe in what I believe in on the merits.

I disagree.

It's the antithesis of pragmatism, you parade around as an "anti," instead of a pro. It's a good indication.
The question was, which countries are doing better than the US because their educational systems are more conservative?

What does "doing better" mean? Better at Math? Better Standard of Living? Higher Productivity?

What does "More Conservative" mean? A more conservative interpretation of the US Constitution? Why would other countries interpret the US Constitution and apply it to their school systems?

Why are you bitching at me? Argue with the OP. She started the argument. She's blaming whatever ails education in the US on liberals;

from that it is fair to conclude she's arguing that conservatives do better.

I asked for evidence of that argument.

6. So, what passes for, or replaces, education in Progressive/Liberal government schooling today?

Ideology.

" McKinley Middle School teacher asks students to compare Hitler, Bush...

.... D.C. middle school homework assignment goes a little something like this: Compare and contrast former President George W. Bush with Adolf Hitler.... students were told to turn the worksheet in Wednesday after finishing up readings about Hitler and Bush..

.... the District of Columbia Public Schools provides teachers with “an English-Language Arts curriculum that outlines the topics, texts and standards to be taught within instructional units, while allowing teachers the flexibility to decide the best approach and day-to-day lessons for their students.” McKinley Middle School teacher asks students to compare Hitler Bush - The Washington Post

Did I mention that the school system has been taken over by Liberals?

Wadda ya' think....is this the only classroom where this goes on?
I wish.

An anecdote is not an argument, is it?

PoliticalChic was homeschooled in a dungeon. Cut her some slack.

Of course rightwingers don't like any liberal influence in the educational system; duh, they don't like liberal influence in anything.

Of bloods & crips, is one "side" morally justified in its killings and drug dealing?

You don't point out the absurdity of a partisan-plagued world-view by spiddling the same leaves of different colors and calling it a win.

The person who doesnt pledge allegiance to a predetermined set of views but instead is pragmatic enough to see that the rational answers usually lay somewhere in the middle.

Once you take up for a side, your view becomes warped necessarily as everything you read and interpret, whether you're strong or weak willed to an extent, is colored through that lens.

I disagree.

It's the antithesis of pragmatism, you parade around as an "anti," instead of a pro. It's a good indication.

So the pragmatic alternative to being 'anti' - war is to be pro-war?

I disagree.

I'm not talking abo0ut that, I'm talking about being anti conservative/republican EVERYthing, as a matter of course

anyhoo, didnt mean to bitch at you homey I digress and however else you say "dont care anymore" in an internetz kind of way

Which of great leaders were educated in conservative schools?

I disagree.

I'm not talking abo0ut that, I'm talking about being anti conservative/republican EVERYthing, as a matter of course

I'm not. So stop.

I disagree.

Why are you bitching at me? Argue with the OP. She started the argument. She's blaming whatever ails education in the US on liberals;

from that it is fair to conclude she's arguing that conservatives do better.

I asked for evidence of that argument.

Ah, so partisan vs. partisan.

stupid.gif

Brilliant.

Liberalism appears at every level of school.

It can be recognized by inappropriate behavior based on ideology....as in this example:

7. Professor Frank Kauffman of Missouri State University assigned his students the project of writing to the state legislature to demand the passage of a bill allowing gay adoption…Emily Brooker refused to do so, and the professor filed a grievance against her.

“Emily Brooker, a student in the Missouri State University's School of Social Work, sued the university after being punished by a professor for refusing to lobby in favour of homosexual adoption. Only weeks after launching the suit, the university has settled out of court and disciplined the professor in question.

Professor Frank Kauffman had assigned Brooker, and her classmates, to write a letter to the Missouri Legislature expressing support for homosexual adoption. She refused to do so because of her religious objections and was charged with a "Level 3 Grievance," the most serious charge possible, and faced the possibility of having her degree withheld.

In addition, Brooker faced a 2 1/2 hour interrogation from an "ethics" committee, which asked her personally invasive questions such as "Do you think gays and lesbians are sinners?" and "Do you think I am a sinner?" (see coverage: http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2006/oct/06103101.html )

Can anyone tell us when the golden age of American education took place in this nation, and maybe throw in a few reas?
What a huge error to allow Liberals to control the public education system.....education is not in their plan.
The decline began when Liberals took control of the schools.

That's when government schools....the public education system.....became no more than indoctrination or re-education systems.
Fact.
Standardized testing, and international competitions, prove that they certainly aren't teaching.....

Another fact....a strong argument can be made that the quality of education provided varies inversely with the taxpayer money ladled into the system.

When, exactly, did the public decide that, rather than reading, writing, and 'rithmetic, producing little Progressive automatons was what was required?

When they shut their eyes to the damage Liberal control of their children's education wrought.

1. In chapter 6: The Liberal Priesthood: Spare the Rod, Spoil the Teacher, Coulter takes on teacher indoctrination, pay, qualifications, and crime. She cites Jay Bennish, the high school teacher caught on tape comparing Bush to Hitler and saying the U.S. is the “single most violent nation on planet Earth,” as evidence. She also lists a number of schools busy banning Christian faith references, while forcing students to participate in activities of other faiths.
"Godless" by Coulter

a. "A Tennessee student reportedly got kicked out of class for saying "Bless you," when another student sneezed. The term apparently violated the list of forbidden expressions a teacher had written on a blackboard, according to the Dyersburg State Gazette..... Turner and her pastor believe the issue was religion.“She said that we’re not going to have godly speaking in her class," Turner told WMC-TV. Her reply to the teacher that there's a constitutional right to freedom of religion and freedom of speech was unsuccessful."There were several students that were talking about this particular faculty member there that was very demeaning to them in regard to their faith,” said Becky Winegardner, Turner's pastor at Dyersburg First Assembly of God.Student suspended for saying Bless you

3. "PUBLIC SCHOOLS’ PRAISE SONG: NEXT STEP PRAYING TO OBAMA?....it is beginning to spread like wildfire amongst the public school indoctrinators formerly known as “teachers.“ ... his adoring adherents--has just about reached the most monumental proportion of all time. And Dictator-in-Chief Obama may have finally reached the apex of his desires; that of replacing God with himself. Recently, at New Jersey’s B. Bernice Youngs Elementary School, not only were second grade students forced to sing a song of praise to Obama (the parents were not notified that this was occurring) but, Obama’s name was substituted for that of Jesus in the accompanying words and music."
Public Schools Praise Song Next Step Praying To Obama - Conservative Crusader

a. "MSNBC’s Norah O’Donnell on Thursday appeared mystified as to why anyone would have a problem with New Jersey school children being led in a song praising Barack Obama.
MSNBC s Norah O Donnell Aggressively Defends Video of Kids Singing to Obama

4. And this nails what has happened to education since Liberals assumed control:

a. Teaching Math In 1950′s
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit ?

b. Teaching Math In 1960′s
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100 His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

c. Teaching Math In 1970′s
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?

d. Teaching Math In 1980′s
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

e. Teaching Math In 1990′s
A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers, and if you feel like crying, it’s ok. )
What a huge error to allow Liberals to control the public education system.....education is not in their plan.

That's when government schools....the public education system.....became no more than indoctrination or re-education systems.
Fact.
Standardized testing, and international competitions, prove that they certainly aren't teaching.....

Another fact....a strong argument can be made that the quality of education provided varies inversely with the taxpayer money ladled into the system.

When, exactly, did the public decide that, rather than reading, writing, and 'rithmetic, producing little Progressive automatons was what was required?

When they shut their eyes to the damage Liberal control of their children's education wrought.

1. In chapter 6: The Liberal Priesthood: Spare the Rod, Spoil the Teacher, Coulter takes on teacher indoctrination, pay, qualifications, and crime. She cites Jay Bennish, the high school teacher caught on tape comparing Bush to Hitler and saying the U.S. is the “single most violent nation on planet Earth,” as evidence. She also lists a number of schools busy banning Christian faith references, while forcing students to participate in activities of other faiths.
"Godless" by Coulter

a. "A Tennessee student reportedly got kicked out of class for saying "Bless you," when another student sneezed. The term apparently violated the list of forbidden expressions a teacher had written on a blackboard, according to the Dyersburg State Gazette..... Turner and her pastor believe the issue was religion.“She said that we’re not going to have godly speaking in her class," Turner told WMC-TV. Her reply to the teacher that there's a constitutional right to freedom of religion and freedom of speech was unsuccessful."There were several students that were talking about this particular faculty member there that was very demeaning to them in regard to their faith,” said Becky Winegardner, Turner's pastor at Dyersburg First Assembly of God.Student suspended for saying Bless you

3. "PUBLIC SCHOOLS’ PRAISE SONG: NEXT STEP PRAYING TO OBAMA?....it is beginning to spread like wildfire amongst the public school indoctrinators formerly known as “teachers.“ ... his adoring adherents--has just about reached the most monumental proportion of all time. And Dictator-in-Chief Obama may have finally reached the apex of his desires; that of replacing God with himself. Recently, at New Jersey’s B. Bernice Youngs Elementary School, not only were second grade students forced to sing a song of praise to Obama (the parents were not notified that this was occurring) but, Obama’s name was substituted for that of Jesus in the accompanying words and music."

a. "MSNBC’s Norah O’Donnell on Thursday appeared mystified as to why anyone would have a problem with New Jersey school children being led in a song praising Barack Obama.

4. And this nails what has happened to education since Liberals assumed control:

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit ?

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100 His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers, and if you feel like crying, it’s ok. )

So when was the golden age of education in the United States?

Can anyone tell us when the golden age of American education took place in this nation, and maybe throw in a few reas?

Fact.

"Godless" by Coulter

Fact.

"Godless" by Coulter

As you have chosen an.....alternative.....to

Fact.

"Godless" by Coulter

Fact.

"Godless" by Coulter

How about we continue with the theme.....Liberals have done a horrible job since they took over the education industry....

....they can't resist imposing their ideology rather than teaching.

When exposed to the light of day, Liberal oppression in the schools appears as exactly that.

As Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis said, sunlight is the best disinfectant. Although, in the case, of the Liberal professors responsible for the following, I would add that actual disinfectant might not be a bad idea either.

8. "De Russy's colleague sent her a copy of a student's exam from an introductory sociology class found lying in a room at an East Coast public college. The professor had given it a perfect score of 100. Here are some of the questions asked and the student's written response:

"Question: How does the United States 'steal' the resources of other (third world) countries?" "Answer: We steal through exploitation. Our multinationals are aware that indigenous people in developing nations have been coaxed off their plots and forced into slums. Because it is lucrative, our multinationals offer them extremely low wage labor that cannot be turned down."

Teaching students hate-America indoctrination is widespread, as I've documented in the past. A few years ago, according to UCLA's Bruin Standard, Mary Corey, UCLA history professor, instructed her class, "Capitalism isn't a lie on purpose. It's just a lie." She continued, "(Capitalists) are swine. … They're bastard people."

Rod Swanson, a UCLA economics professor, told his class, "The United States of America, backed by facts, is the greediest and most selfish country in the world."

An English professor at Montclair State University in New Jersey tells his students, "Conservatism champions racism, exploitation and imperialist war."
College and Progressive Professors brainwash our children Academic Rot

And, based on several of the posts in this thread......Liberals have soaked that garbage up.

Well PC if its that bad then by all means you could help change it by becoming a teacher and

1). Taking a huge pay cut and surrendering your earning potential as teachers do
2). Teach you conservative views but just don't teach how great America is because a parent like me would be the loudest and first to complain as that is indoctrination... let the kids decide if America is great
3) You could also teach how the south was wrong about their slavery stance and what a terrible period in our history it was
4). Deal with daily parental complaints on your efforts
5). Deal with kids telling you where to go rudely

If you can handle those that's a start and perhaps its time for you to enter the education field

Forum List

Back