Liberals And Learning: Oil And Water

What a huge error to allow Liberals to control the public education system.....education is not in their plan.
The decline began when Liberals took control of the schools.

Another fact....a strong argument can be made that the quality of education provided varies inversely with the taxpayer money ladled into the system.

When, exactly, did the public decide that, rather than reading, writing, and 'rithmetic, producing little Progressive automatons was what was required?

The next idiocy is the "fact" that quality education is inversely proportional to funding.

If this is true, then the solution to increasing quality education for your child should be to strip them, stop feeding them, place them in a pen somewhere in the back yard. Funding approaches nothing, and quality education increases inversely: Your child reaches Nirvana within days!!!

Genius.

What a huge error to allow Liberals to control the public education system.....education is not in their plan.

Another fact....a strong argument can be made that the quality of education provided varies inversely with the taxpayer money ladled into the system.

When, exactly, did the public decide that, rather than reading, writing, and 'rithmetic, producing little Progressive automatons was what was required?

The next idiocy is the "fact" that quality education is inversely proportional to funding.

If this is true, then the solution to increasing quality education for your child should be to strip them, stop feeding them, place them in a pen somewhere in the back yard. Funding approaches nothing, and quality education increases inversely: Your child reaches Nirvana within days!!!

Genius.

Simpletons like Ann Coulter are very surface level thinkers.

The common denominator is not how much money the school has, the common denominator is how the children are living at home.

That's why schools with more taxpayer funding do have more failures and drop-outs. Not because of the actual funding the school gets, that's what a feeble minded shallow thinker would presume, that there is an inverse relationship regarding the dollars themselves.

The actual reason is the despair, crime, etc. that follows with being financially "poor."

I cut out most of the meaningless noise that typically accompanies your little partisan rants about "Liberals."

Your first ridiculous comment is, "Liberals took control of the schools."

Schools in the USA are governed by LOCAL entities. To a greater or lesser extent, the State government may exert some influence, but the Federal Government has very little to do with curriculum. While some States and Local communities might have more "Liberal" interpretations of the US Constitution, some States and Local Communities have more "Conservative" interpretations. MOST interpretations are a mix: Thus, it is Absurd to claim "Liberals took control of the schools."

Liberals took control of the system.

The fact that you don't know this is hardly out of character for you.....there is so much you don't know.

See, this is why I don't waste much time trying to have an intelligent conversation with you.

Clearly you have no concept about the argument you're pretending to advance, and rather that defend your absurd notions, you simply repeat them along with some cut-n-paste nonsense that more often than not is irrelevant.

Keep Croaking and Chirping

funny_frog_picture_10.jpg

Does anyone think that if there are nations around the world who are doing better in education than the US, that it's because their educational systems are run by conservatives?

Name those countries.

Does anyone think that if there are nations around the world who are doing better in education than the US, that it's because their educational systems are run by conservatives?

Name those countries.
Oh my, don't bring rationality into the thread. :lol:

The most conservative state in the Union is Mississippi.

Maybe the author of this thread can cut and paste some material showing us how much better Mississippi's school systems must be, compared to, let's say,

an ultra-liberal state like Massachusetts.

Funny thin is, I've raised kids for 30 years and I have yet to see much difference in what is taught, just that the timetable was moved up a year or two. When I was in 8th grade(1975) We had to learn Algebra.. My first son had to learn it in 7th(1992)..Today my 12 year old son is in 6th grade and learning Algebra..
Miss Coulter needs to get away from her glass house and try living like the majority of Americans do...if she wants to write anything that actually resembles what really goes on in the US, and not the occasional bumps humans have...that gets exploited for political points..

That merely proves you are blind.

PoliticalChic was homeschooled in a dungeon. Cut her some slack.

Of course rightwingers don't like any liberal influence in the educational system; duh, they don't like liberal influence in anything.

Funny thin is, I've raised kids for 30 years and I have yet to see much difference in what is taught, just that the timetable was moved up a year or two. When I was in 8th grade(1975) We had to learn Algebra.. My first son had to learn it in 7th(1992)..Today my 12 year old son is in 6th grade and learning Algebra..
Miss Coulter needs to get away from her glass house and try living like the majority of Americans do...if she wants to write anything that actually resembles what really goes on in the US, and not the occasional bumps humans have...that gets exploited for political points..

It is not what my friends and relatives that are teachers and professors...yet they are GOPer's and dems..

Teaching Republican math

All tax cuts pay for themselves

And remember, the conservative version of fair and balanced education is to demand that Creationism be taught as a science on equal footing with Evolution.

There's never a lack of moronic partisan "yin," posting to balance the idiotic partisan "yang" in the OP.

Do you deny there's a widespread conservative movement to force the teaching of Creation science in our schools, or are you just trying to offset the one intelligent post you made with something more in keeping with your character?

Of course rightwingers don't like any liberal influence in the educational system; duh, they don't like liberal influence in anything.

Of bloods & crips, is one "side" morally justified in its killings and drug dealing?

Politics is kind of the same way.

You don't point out the absurdity of a partisan-plagued world-view by spiddling the same leaves of different colors and calling it a win.

Actually, no, Moonglow is correct.

Unless there's something about Math that you know that I don't (Frankly, I doubt this is possible) the subject hasn't changed much during the past 1000 years.

Newsflash (for liberals)

The government schools are overwhelming controlled by leftists.

(this newsflash applies only to leftists, since non-leftist Americans have known this for decades)...like so many things, the leftist is the last to know.

Of bloods & crips, is one "side" morally justified in its killings and drug dealing?

You don't point out the absurdity of a partisan-plagued world-view by spiddling the same leaves of different colors and calling it a win.

Well, if you've decided that no one is right, what's left?

Newsflash (for liberals)

The government schools are overwhelming controlled by leftists.

(this newsflash applies only to leftists, since non-leftist Americans have known this for decades)...like so many things, the leftist is the last to know.

How can the schools be 'controlled' by 'leftists' when school boards are elected, state legislatures are elected, the Congress is elected,

and all this occurs in what the conservatives are regularly quick to remind us is a 'center/right' nation?

I know the answer. Do you?

Well, if you've decided that no one is right, what's left?
The person who doesnt pledge allegiance to a predetermined set of views but instead is pragmatic enough to see that the rational answers usually lay somewhere in the middle.

Once you take up for a side, your view becomes warped necessarily as everything you read and interpret, whether you're strong or weak willed to an extent, is colored through that lens.

There is no greater example than our dumb-assed op here.

Teaching Republican math

All tax cuts pay for themselves

And remember, the conservative version of fair and balanced education is to demand that Creationism be taught as a science on equal footing with Evolution.

There's never a lack of moronic partisan "yin," posting to balance the idiotic partisan "yang" in the OP.

Do you deny there's a widespread conservative movement to force the teaching of Creation science in our schools, or are you just trying to offset the one intelligent post you made with something more in keeping with your character?

Unless you prove 1. The existence of a "Widespread Conservative Movement." then you're argument is absurd.

Once you accomplish this, then you can question begin to judge other's posts:

Otherwise you've just equated your intelligence with the OP.

Forum List

Back