Poll - public education should just teach math, English, science, foreign languages, history, and nothing else

Should public education teach just the basics - Math, English, Science, Language, History

• Yes

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
We have a terrible education problem in America. It is loaded with "other" things besides what it needs to teach, and teaching the basics it is NOT.

We have the Left pushing racial bigotry, race and sex preferences, homosexuality, trans, and hating America.

We have the pseudo "Christian" "conservatives" pushing school prayer and Bible study

To me, the sensible solution is to narrow down public education into a short list of what it can and cannot teach.

Can and should and will be defunded if it doesn't teach

Math
English
Spelling
Writing
Reading Comprehension
Science
History
Foreign languages

Public schools should be shut down if they teach

homsexuality
race and gender baiting
hating America
religion
That would change nothing.
They would only say that talking about homosexuality, transgender etc. is a part of science.

says a proud voter of LBJ, W, and the rest of them....

Those who push religion into public schools provide the basis for the Left to inject homosexuality, trans, and homo education employees to "guide" our youth. And when your side voted for W, you voted for the LEFT on public education because

YOU ARE NOT A CONSERVATIVE AND NEITHER IS W
Well you are certainly a liberal ,telling me what I am even if I deny it

15 years ago. The ruling seems to assert that the state can't require it to be posted in classrooms and I'm OK with that. But are ppl still trying? I certainly never have and at 59 have never been aware of any movement to do so.
Senate Bill 1515, which requires the display of the Ten Commandments “in a conspicuous place in each classroom of the school.”
Senate Bill 1396, which authorizes school boards to require a period of prayer and Bible reading in public schools.
Senate Bill 1556, which emboldens public school employees to claim a right to pray at any time, without interference or objection from the school.
Senate Bill 763, which allows so-called “chaplains” to serve as school counselors

Senate Bill 1515, which requires the display of the Ten Commandments “in a conspicuous place in each classroom of the school.”
Senate Bill 1396, which authorizes school boards to require a period of prayer and Bible reading in public schools.
Senate Bill 1556, which emboldens public school employees to claim a right to pray at any time, without interference or objection from the school.
Senate Bill 763, which allows so-called “chaplains” to serve as school counselors
Ha I'm good with chaplains replacing the lunatic "counselors".

add civics and finances
Psychology, economics, business, AP courses. I am not actually of anything else being taught.
Wait: music, stage and theater, band, choir.

Ideally we should restore real modern vocational arts. And of course the art of making queso.

Yea, that kind of is.
In which case we need to remove all the environmental posters and pride posters and the gender bullshit. When that happens we'll talk. Schools answer to the parents of the kids they teach...no one else.

In which case we need to remove all the environmental posters and pride posters and the gender bullshit. When that happens we'll talk. Schools answer to the parents of the kids they teach...no one else.
Schools also answer to the Constitution and the First Amendment. Keep your religion out of other people's classrooms.

I see your knowledge of the Constitution is limited. You should educate yourself further.
I'm not a good gaslighting/ad hom target. I recognize liars, bigots and perverts and don't spend much time engaging with them. I find you dull.

Our schools just teach the basics in our rural location. So that's good. If we're going to post the 10 commandments that's fine. But as a Christian it would be imperative all different religions can post their stuff too.

Forum List

Back