Poll - public education should just teach math, English, science, foreign languages, history, and nothing else

Should public education teach just the basics - Math, English, Science, Language, History

• Yes

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

EMH

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2021
We have a terrible education problem in America. It is loaded with "other" things besides what it needs to teach, and teaching the basics it is NOT.

We have the Left pushing racial bigotry, race and sex preferences, homosexuality, trans, and hating America.

We have the pseudo "Christian" "conservatives" pushing school prayer and Bible study

To me, the sensible solution is to narrow down public education into a short list of what it can and cannot teach.

Can and should and will be defunded if it doesn't teach

Math
English
Spelling
Writing
Reading Comprehension
Science
History
Foreign languages

Public schools should be shut down if they teach

homsexuality
race and gender baiting
hating America
religion

We have a terrible education problem in America. It is loaded with "other" things besides what it needs to teach, and teaching the basics it is NOT.

We have the Left pushing racial bigotry, race and sex preferences, homosexuality, trans, and hating America.

We have the pseudo "Christian" "conservatives" pushing school prayer and Bible study

To me, the sensible solution is to narrow down public education into a short list of what it can and cannot teach.

Math
English
Spelling
Writing
Reading Comprehension
Science
History
Foreign languages

homsexuality
race and gender baiting
hating America
religion
That's white supremist transphobic talk

wisijsjdjskskksksk.jpeg

Public education has proven itself to be irredeemable. The states should try a new paradigm that allows citizens to band together and hire their own teaching professionals. The indoctrination would be severely curtailed and the kids would be MUCH better able to make their way in a complex world.
I've seen programs being tested that allow several families to join together and "crowdfund" teachers who would work in different home settings. Think of it as homeschooling with a professional doing the instruction.

Public education has proven itself to be irredeemable. The states should try a new paradigm that allows citizens to band together and hire their own teaching professionals. The indoctrination would be severely curtailed and the kids would be MUCH better able to make their way in a complex world.
I've seen programs being tested that allow several families to join together and "crowdfund" teachers who would work in different home settings. Think of it as homeschooling with a professional doing the instruction.

The GOP had the WH and both houses of Congress when W took office.

WHY NO VOUCHER PROGRAM????

o bullshit...civics should start in middle school ..no later..fiance should be taught the same

Possibly civics. Our students are so deficient in math by middle school that it isn't logical.

YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND MATH before you can understand finance...

i understand one should not limit ones education in any sense

why do you feel the need to yell? did they teach you that in school..volume equals education?

i understand one should not limit ones education in any sense

why do you feel the need to yell? did they teach you that in school..volume equals education?

Maybe you can tell all of us how to turn down the "volume" on USMB

LOL!!!

Math
English
Spelling
Writing
Reading Comprehension
Science
History
Foreign languages

homsexuality
race and gender baiting
hating America
religion
are you under some delusion that high shoal or college is only a "trade school.?"

school is football, and anything that distracts the team or cheerleaders from winning needs to be dropped.

Hilarious

So, a return to the system in America that didn’t work.

parents can do that now. homeschool does not prohibit cooperation, nut aren't you afraid that "banding together," as we do now in public school will leadto less parental control?

Forum List

Back