John Wayne and Donald Trump

He was an actor. He was acting--his on screen persona was just that: a fake on-screen persona.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Next, please inform us that water is indeed wet.
How stupid you are. You've missed the point completely. The point is that he was a fake. He was a pretend tough guy, a pretend hero, etc. He was just a dumb jerk actor and nothing more. To idolize him as a great man is ludicrous. That's the point. But you are too dim to get anything that isn't written in kindergarten blocks.

latest

ROAR! :lol: :lol: Hit a nerve there.

Tell us the sun rises in the East, Captain...and all will be well.
How pathetic you are.

How pathetic you are.

Heal thyself physician.

If you're so incredibly thin skinned and your ludicrously low self image can't handle some ribbing...don't say stupid shit.

Problem solved.

Your therapist would charge you hundreds of dollars for that advise. You're welcome. ;)
What I said was neither obvious nor stupid. It was directed at people, a great many of them, who truly believe Wayne was some kind of hero as a man, someone to be admired. I'll bet you admire him too. Then you pretend you don't because you know how foolish it makes you look.

How pathetic you are.

Heal thyself physician.

If you're so incredibly thin skinned and your ludicrously low self image can't handle some ribbing...don't say stupid shit.

Problem solved.

Your therapist would charge you hundreds of dollars for that advise. You're welcome. ;)
What I said was neither obvious nor stupid. It was directed at people, a great many of them, who truly believe Wayne was some kind of hero as a man, someone to be admired. I'll bet you admire him too. Then you pretend you don't because you know how foolish it makes you look.

Your powers of observation are astonishing...are you saying that John Wayne...was an ACTOR!!!

(Cue the dramatic music)

"John Wayne Enterprises and John Wayne Cancer Foundation wish to state that Aissa Wayne acted independently of both organizations and the Wayne family in her endorsement of Donald Trump," Enterprises president Ethan Wayne, a son of the actor, said in a curt statement.
"No one can speak on behalf of John Wayne and neither the family nor the foundation endorses candidates in his name."
Wayne, who died in 1979 aged 72, is widely considered one of the most important actors of the 20th century, embodying the quintessential American cowboy spirit.

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, HelveticaNeue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]John Wayne family shoots holes in Trump endorsement[/FONT]

How pathetic you are.

Heal thyself physician.

Problem solved.

Your powers of observation are astonishing...are you saying that John Wayne...was an ACTOR!!!

(Cue the dramatic music)

And incredibly tiresome and juvenile. Ignore.

Trump can really relate to a phony tough guy who never served his country or did anything tougher than talk.
You mean like that dog eating cowardly POS community organizer in the WH?
That guy isn't running for President.....Trump the phony tough guy is.
So, you're ok with a phony tough guy as long as he has a "D" in front of his name (like Obama or Clinton)? Got it.

Trump can really relate to a phony tough guy who never served his country or did anything tougher than talk.
So, you're ok with a phony tough guy as long as he has a "D" in front of his name (like Obama or Clinton)? Got it.
I'm not a Clinton follower and you know fuck all.

You mean I was only half right? :lol:

I have a feeling the OP comments would be a whole lot different if this had been a Hillary Clinton endorsement.
You have a feeling...........that pretty well sums up the motivation of Trump followers.
Kind of reminds you of the 2008 election, huh? You had a "feeling" BO was wonderful.
Kinda does, but Trump is targeting a completely different constituency. He's doing everything he can to appeal to people with average IQs.

You mean I was only half right? :lol:
Maybe if you keep guessing you'll hit on just the right stereotypical characterization.

John Wayne was the best actor of his day. He was certainly not Shakespearean, rather he was the personification of what was called the "Great Generation". While many have tried to disavow that generation that disposed upon America its strongest period of history, instead celebrating what they call tolerance, which is better described as weakness.

I am sure that the period heralded of American power, is like that of the later Romans and Enoch Powell. "I see the river Tiber foaming with blood" ,the quote going back to Troy itself.

either you like JW for his movies or you don't. Personally I do. But his daughter kissing Trumps butt means nothing to me.

Donald would wither on the vine if he didn't have someones lips attached to his arse.

John Wayne was the best actor of his day. He was certainly not Shakespearean, rather he was the personification of what was called the "Great Generation". While many have tried to disavow that generation that disposed upon America its strongest period of history, instead celebrating what they call tolerance, which is better described as weakness.

I am sure that the period heralded of American power, is like that of the later Romans and Enoch Powell. "I see the river Tiber foaming with blood" ,the quote going back to Troy itself.
No one anywhere believes John Wayne was anything like the best actor of his day.

Forum List

Back