Clarence Thomas recuses himself as Supreme Court rejects ex-Trump lawyer John Eastman's appeal

A recusal means that his vote wasn’t necessary. Eastman will walk.
Reasons why judges can recuse themselves from a case. 1. Prejudice for or against either party. 2. Closely related by blood or marriage to the defendant. 3. A witness , for or against one of the parties in the case. 4. Unable to perform the duties required of him or her for any other reason. Your response was not mentioned , it is invalid.

Reasons why judges can recuse themselves from a case. 1. Prejudice for or against either party. 2. Closely related by blood or marriage to the defendant. 3. A witness , for or against one of the parties in the case. 4. Unable to perform the duties required of him or her for any other reason. Your response was not mentioned , it is invalid.
Its cute you think that is the way the SCOTUS works with the conservative majority.

Its cute you think that is the way the SCOTUS works with the conservative majority.
I quoted the ideals that guide the justice system. If judges are not living up to that bare minimum of justice they shouldn't be judges.

I quoted the ideals that guide the justice system. If judges are not living up to that bare minimum of justice they shouldn't be judges.
Usually a judge is the sole arbiter of the case. In Scotus 9 vote. When you have a 6/3 majority, five justices can ensure a ruling in favor. Thomas recusing himself means nothing.

Usually a judge is the sole arbiter of the case. In Scotus 9 vote. When you have a 6/3 majority, five justices can ensure a ruling in favor. Thomas recusing himself means nothing.
I disagree , given the recent disclosures ; he's covering his ass for a change. Even a Supreme Court judge can be disbarred. Or I should say , especially or above all , a judge on the land's highest court should be most vulnerable in this case.

Thomas just did that, you lying sack. Had he not your whining would never end. You, and people like you cannot be reasoned with. Nothing but endless hypocrisy and whining from today's liberal trash.
Thomas recusing himself is proof that journalism works....

Because if it wasn't for the work that the journalists at Pro-Publica did on exposing Thomas, he wouldn't be feeling the pressure he does now....which is why he recused himself...

And plus, it doesn't help that his wife is 100000% connected to what Eastman was up to

The court needs to maintain the highest ethical standard so as to prevent even the perception of bias

Thomas does not do that
Liberal judges side with the democrat every time, and not because they ARE CORRECT, BECAUSE THEY ARE PARTISAN HACKS

Liberal judges side with the democrat every time, and not because they ARE CORRECT, BECAUSE THEY ARE PARTISAN HACKS
Our laws, like our justice system are very liberal. They generally are in the free nations of the world. No one would want to face oppressive and / or repressive laws and justice system , they are kept in force by governments of the same sick mind set.

Our laws, like our justice system are very liberal. They generally are in the free nations of the world. No one would want to face oppressive and / or repressive laws and justice system , they are kept in force by governments of the same sick mind set.
Liberals only believe in the freedom for people to do exactly as the Government tells them, for the good of their party, constitution be damned.

Not one liberal Judge understands that word neither do you! As you lack morals

moral principles that govern a person's behavior or the conducting of an activity.
Our laws are based on ethics. Far too much was done illegally and improperly under so-called moral laws. The change was for the betterment of all mankind. It helped us crawl out of the dark ages.

Liberals only believe in the freedom for people to do exactly as the Government tells them, for the good of their party, constitution be damned.
Try telling that to the women and gay people of this country. They know which party threatens their freedoms and rights.

Our laws are based on ethics. Far too much was done illegally and improperly under so-called moral laws. The change was for the betterment of all mankind. It helped us crawl out of the dark ages.
Right into darker ages

I don't see it that way. I have always been defending the Court from most attacks. We shall see how this all turns out, but people who believe the Court has a political side, usually end up wrong. I remember the Bush v Gore debates among people. That one came closest to a political side, but I believe some of the Justices got caught up in and blinded by certain ideological philosophies/arguments vs legal interpretations.
those 3 disgusting leftist activist judges...jesus christ....2 are not in great health...hopefully trump will replace them

Forum List

Back