John Wayne and Donald Trump

My comment was about President Obama. Nice try to deflect

He didnt dodge the draft like marion "sissyboy" morrison did.

Bill Clinton Tries to Defend Himself on Draft Issue
LISA MYERS reporting:
Tom, the issue is not that Bill Clinton didn't serve in Vietnam; the issue is whether he has played loose with the truth. Clinton maintains he has been both honest and consistent.

CLINTON: (From File Footage) The truth is that I have told the same story all along. Maybe I haven't handled it as well as I should, but I have told the same story.
MYERS: In fact, Clinton has not told the same story all along.
First, what is not in dispute: In 1969, Clinton, at the height of the Vietnam War, agreed to join an ROTC program. That temporarily exempted him from the draft. But two months later, after getting through the period when he expected to be drafted, Clinton reneged on the agreement.

CLINTON: (From File Footage) I went back into the draft; then this lottery came along. I got a high number and I wasn't called.

MYERS: Inconsistency number one: why Clinton gave up his ROTC deferment. This is what he said in February:

CLINTON: (From File Footage) I gave it up after less than two months because I didn't think it was right.

MYERS: However, a letter that Clinton wrote at the time says he put himself back into the draft "for one reason: to maintain my political viability within the system."
Inconsistency number two: the induction notice. In an interview with the Washington Post last year, Clinton said, "I expected to be called while I was over there studying in England the first year, but they never did." That statement turned out to be untrue. In April, Clinton was forced to admit that he had received an induction notice while in England, three months before he joined the ROTC program.
I said Clinton and obama so you're the deflector here.

My comment was about President Obama.
Straighten up your act.

My comment was about President Obama. Nice try to deflect

He didnt dodge the draft like marion "sissyboy" morrison did.

Bill Clinton Tries to Defend Himself on Draft Issue
LISA MYERS reporting:
Tom, the issue is not that Bill Clinton didn't serve in Vietnam; the issue is whether he has played loose with the truth. Clinton maintains he has been both honest and consistent.

CLINTON: (From File Footage) The truth is that I have told the same story all along. Maybe I haven't handled it as well as I should, but I have told the same story.
MYERS: In fact, Clinton has not told the same story all along.
First, what is not in dispute: In 1969, Clinton, at the height of the Vietnam War, agreed to join an ROTC program. That temporarily exempted him from the draft. But two months later, after getting through the period when he expected to be drafted, Clinton reneged on the agreement.

CLINTON: (From File Footage) I went back into the draft; then this lottery came along. I got a high number and I wasn't called.

MYERS: Inconsistency number one: why Clinton gave up his ROTC deferment. This is what he said in February:

CLINTON: (From File Footage) I gave it up after less than two months because I didn't think it was right.

MYERS: However, a letter that Clinton wrote at the time says he put himself back into the draft "for one reason: to maintain my political viability within the system."
Inconsistency number two: the induction notice. In an interview with the Washington Post last year, Clinton said, "I expected to be called while I was over there studying in England the first year, but they never did." That statement turned out to be untrue. In April, Clinton was forced to admit that he had received an induction notice while in England, three months before he joined the ROTC program.
I said Clinton and obama so you're the deflector here.

Forum List

Back