I've just read a pro-Palestinian article

TheParser

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2017
I wanted to alert open-minded members/guests to an article that I have just read in a British liberal magazine.

The article is definitely pro-Palestinian.

I admit that it made me rethink some of my feelings about the current Israeli-Palestinian situation.

Henry Siegman in his article "Two Terrorisms" includes these comments:

1. "Palestinians opposed the UN partition plan and started the 1948 war, but they did so not because of their hatred of Jews or their unhappiness with the partition plans, but because they didn't want to accept exile, homelessness and disenfranchisement."

2. "[T]he Jews of Palestine in 1948 were a minority and if the Jewish state was to be a democracy, it would need a Jewish majority, meaning that the 750,000 Palestinians who lived there would have been expelled even if they hadn't rejected the partition plan or declared war on the new Jewish state."

I read this article in the print edition of the London Review of Books of May 24, 2018. (I assume it's available online.)

There were no "Palestinians" per se. There were Jordanian refugees and squatters in a region under British rule.

I wanted to alert open-minded members/guests to an article that I have just read in a British liberal magazine.

I admit that it made me rethink some of my feelings about the current Israeli-Palestinian situation.

1. "Palestinians opposed the UN partition plan and started the 1948 war, but they did so not because of their hatred of Jews or their unhappiness with the partition plans, but because they didn't want to accept exile, homelessness and disenfranchisement."

2. "[T]he Jews of Palestine in 1948 were a minority and if the Jewish state was to be a democracy, it would need a Jewish majority, meaning that the 750,000 Palestinians who lived there would have been expelled even if they hadn't rejected the partition plan or declared war on the new Jewish state."

I read this article in the print edition of the London Review of Books of May 24, 2018. (I assume it's available online.)

Let’s talk about the Violence that happened before 1948; Hebron is only ONE small example
There are many others starting Much earlier in the 20th Century

Last edited:

Let’s talk about the Violence that happened before 1948; Hebron is only ONE small example
There is a thread already set up at the very top of the forum to discuss all that happened before Israel declared Independence.

There is a thread already set up at the very top of the forum to discuss all that happened before Israel declared Independence.

There is a thread discussing the Mandate but I have not found specific issues dealing with Arab violence since the 1920’s .

Last edited:

There is a thread discussing the Mandate but I have not found specific issues dealing with Arab violence since the 1920’s .
There are many articles, etc about it, and if you would like to add it to the conversation on that thread, please do.

I am sure the attacks have been mentioned, maybe not in detail.

Could you start with the 1920 riots and go on from there?

There are many articles, etc about it, and if you would like to add it to the conversation on that thread, please do.

Let’s start with the Battle of Tel Hai in March. 1920 and keep going from there.

Let’s start with the Battle of Tel Hai in March. 1920 and keep going from there.

The Franco-Syrian War is a great place to start.

Please find the right article about it, or write it in your own words on the other thread, at the top of this forum.

Thanks.

Please find the right article about it, or write it in your own words on the other thread, at the top of this forum.

Thanks.

Oh?

I thought you wanted to talk about the Battle of Tel Hai?

Was that not the starting point that was asked for?

Thanks.

Oh?

Iloveisrael was the one who said that.

Thanks.

Oh?

I started the conversation on the Battle of Tel Hai on the "Official Discussion of the Creation of Israel" at the top of the forum.

Anyone has more information than I posted so far? Please go to that thread.

Thanks.

Oh?

Indeed... However, I thought it was a general theme... Hence my starting with Battle of Tel Hai as suggested.

Thanks.

Oh?

Indeed... However, I thought it was a general theme... Hence my starting with Battle of Tel Hai as suggested.
There is a thread already which discusses the creation of the State of Israel and the Mandate at the top of the forum.

Let us please meet there.

Thanks.

Oh?

I started the conversation on the Battle of Tel Hai on the "Official Discussion of the Creation of Israel" at the top of the forum.

Oh I see...

So this thread can be deleted then.

No point having duplicate threads going on.

Thanks.

Oh?

Oh I see...

So this thread can be deleted then.

No point having duplicate threads going on.
Exactly. Thank you.

Here's a link to the online article...

LRB · Henry Siegman · The Two-State Solution: An Autopsy

A complete smear job. He neglects to mention that Palestinians turned down a state in 2000 and 2008. Also not mentioned is the fact that Hamas could've used all that cement that they used for tunnels, to build hospitals and schools instead. The Palestinians never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity because their aim is just to destroy Israel--not to create a state of their own.

Last edited:
Thank you, Humanity, for posting the link.

I am a totally computer-illiterate in his dotage.

Your kindness is much appreciated.

Best wishes

A complete smear job. He neglects to mention that Palestinians turned down a state in 2000 and 2008. Also not mentioned is the fact that Hamas could've used all that cement that they used for tunnels, to build hospitals and schools instead. The Palestinians never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity because their aim is just to destroy Israel--not to create a state of their own.

Why do you find my statement funny, Humanity? If anything it's sad.

Forum List

Back