Is it time to stop bashing Glenn Beck?

How many years has it taken the left to work that out? It's no wonder Beck mocks them, they dumb.

This is what bothers me the most. That there are seemingly intelligent people who actually think Glenn Beck is as smart or maybe even smarter. Oh...my...God...

Who gives a shit if he's smart. I just know he's honest.

Fuck being smart. Obama is professed to be smart and he's a lying asshole.

In your opinion. In my opinion, Beck doesn't have the talent to put together all the junk he writes on his chalkboard and form a valid conclusion because he sucks at investigative journalism. The conclusion is his PERCEPTION, based on cherry-picked facts. It's that simple. He's simple. End of story.

Never mind that the things Glenn Beck has said has come true and that he always has material that he verifies and says for you to look up and not take his word for it.
The left doesn't like him because he uses their own words that they themselves has said.

Becks beats the shit out of every one else in his time slot on cable.

suck on THAT leftards.

better yet, dont CLAIM his is wrong, PROVE IT

prove van jones isnt a marxist.....

prove that soros isnt paying for pretty much ALL the leftarded blogs and websites....

if beck is soooooooooo crazy, it ought to be easy.

Sorry, but Beck makes the allegations to it's up to HIM to "prove it," which he doesn't because in his usual style, he takes bits of information and pieces it all together for one giant blanket opinion. What Beck does succeed in doing is brainwashing you into believing every word he says is gospel. Do you ever take a look yourself at other material that just might prove him wrong? Or at the very least prove how he embellishes the actual truth?

Perhaps more and more people are doing just that, which is why he's losing his audience.

Bashing Glenn Beck is bad for liberals - The Week

This "constant mockery of these bloviating right-wing demagogues" wastes "precious center-left media time." With the economy "still in a coma," and the Middle East in revolt, liberal journalists like Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews should focus on the relative superiority of the Left's policies, and reserve their attacks for the "crazy" conservative leaders who wield actual power

It makes other far-right Republican conservatives look moderate. Mockery of Palin, Bachmann and Beck may backfire on the left by making conservative and libertarian politicians with equally nutty ideas but more statesmanlike gravitas appear to be more moderate than they really are. Rep. Paul Ryan, the Republican chairman of the House Budget Committee, has ideas about the budget and social policy, like voucherizing Medicare, that are just as crazy as anything spouted by Glenn Beck. But he looks dignified in a suit and speaks the language of policy wonkery, so he gets respectful attention, while liberal pundits pummel right-wing media blowhards and less influential politicians like Rep. Bachmann who, unlike Ryan, do not have their fingers around the levers of government.

With Beck's popularity tanking, we must be doing something right by bringing his absurdities to the forefront. I've begun taping his program every day trying to understand what the attraction is, but so far can't figure out a rational reason. The irrational reason, of course, is that his viewers hate Barack Obama, so any utterance that attacks the administration is what they understand. Sadly, it's all they understand.

Of course, in order for your OPINION to be even close to fact, in order for your post to be rational, you must explain Glen Beck's popularity before we hated Obama. Of course we do not hate Obama the person, I am sure if I met him in the bar we could have a drink, I personally, hate Marxism, that does not mean I hate every person that is a Marxist.

So how come MSNBC gave Glen Beck a job, that was before Obama, how did the hate of Obama factor in then?

He previously worked for CNN, on the HNN (now HLN) program, and ironically, I used to catch that a lot. He was always a conservative pundit, but he wasn't an asshole about it. Once he hit Fox, he apparently was given free rein to do and say anything he wanted, whether it was true or not, and regardless whom it may hurt personally (thinking of his "Daddy, did you plug the leak yet?" 15-minute mockery of one of Obama's children. Nice. And he claims to have Christian values? Glenn Beck has no conscience, and you can't be a Christian without one.

Not to mention it makes them look stupid when he proves them wrong.

You mean like when he spelled oligarchy incorrectly? :lol:

No. I mean when he presents facts from history and current events that other people ignore.

But alas, can't talk to people who expect perfection. I mean he misspelled a word! He must be stupid!

I am wondering if there is anyone in the history of the planet who is literate that hasn't misspelled a word.

Gee, probably. So when will the cons stop amusing themselves with Obama's faux pas of "57 states"??

Beck tells the truth so the Liberal Marxist hates Beck.

End of story.

Comments like that are why we criticize him. He subtly plants the stupid idea in your heads that anyone not far right of the center is a "liberal Marxist" with a "new world order" agenda. That's pure unadulterated bullshit. So why do you say it?

No. I mean when he presents facts from history and current events that other people ignore.

But alas, can't talk to people who expect perfection. I mean he misspelled a word! He must be stupid!

I am wondering if there is anyone in the history of the planet who is literate that hasn't misspelled a word.

Obama must be stupid too. He thinks we have 57 states. He pronounces Corpsmen exactly how it's spelled. Stupid fucker. I pronounced sword exactly like it's spelled till 3rd grade. Obama is still fucking these words up. We need to cut his Teleprompter funding.

Why thank you! You just made my point. :lol: For all YOU know, and I do, the teleprompter split the word "Corpsmen" into two words: Corps and men. Since he can fluently read from a teleprompter (unlike McCain who would have used one if he could have followed along), it's quite easy to make that mistake. That said, we all know that YOU never have made a slip of the tongue since you were in third grade.

Not to mention it makes them look stupid when he proves them wrong.

You mean like when he left out the 'czars'? That was deliberate... and, on the bright side, at least the guy knows how many states there are in the Union.

Thank you for also making my case. Everybody on the right is perfect; Obama makes mistakes, therefore he's an evil liar. How insane is that thought process?

I think likewise about you. Go figure.

What? You don't like people saying you're heading for a mental breakdown? Why not? You judge others, why should we not judge you?

You don't get it, do you? You're an ignorant, judgemental little child.... but you get pretty damned pissed when people do to you what you do to them. Don't like it? Change your fucking attitude and grow the fuck up.

Pot meet kettle...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't watch TV. I don't watch Glenn Beck. I know he's available in the internet and his fans find him compelling. He doesn't interest me. He resonates with conservatives. I'm liberal. Since I don't watch him, I won't bash him.

I did recently stay in a hotel for a few days and I watched Rachel Maddow for the first time. Loved her. Of course I would. I'm a liberal lesbian and so is she. She is really cute.

Last edited:

What? You don't like people saying you're heading for a mental breakdown? Why not? You judge others, why should we not judge you?

You don't get it, do you? You're an ignorant, judgemental little child.... but you get pretty damned pissed when people do to you what you do to them. Don't like it? Change your fucking attitude and grow the fuck up.

Pot meet kettle...

I don't judge people. Even idiots. Everyone is an idiot sometimes..... including me.

Lies should never go unchallenged

Post up one of Glenn Beck's Lies right now and prove its a lie by challenging his statement.

Media Matters devotes an entire subsite to the lies of Glenn Beck, posts the actual videos and credible sources proving the lies. But of course the right thinks Media Matters is run by George Soros (aren't they all if they dare to disagree with Fox or the online right wing noise machines?:lol:). So I randomly picked this collection, posted two years ago, for starters. And the onslaught never stops.

Why do people say Glenn Beck lies... what has he lied about? - Yahoo! Answers
Why do people say Glenn Beck lies... what has he lied about?
I am looking for specific examples and quotes.

A lot of people on here say he is a liar. Or that he is crazy.

Sure he is a passionate guy, but I have yet to see him blatantly lie, like people often accuse him of.

Slightly Dark Francis
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

I'll give you a sample, based on 10-15 mins of research.

He said that no other President had never been sworn into office without a Bible. He said he 'checked'.
He either did not check or checked up his arsegraped butt because he's lying. John Qunicy Adams used a law book. Franklin Pierce didn't even swear. He affirmed. Teddy Roosevelt used no Bible. Several Presidents kissed a Bible but did not swear on one.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con…
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/pihtml/pinot…

Beck lie.

Glenn Beck lied when he said recently that $1.4 million of stimulus momey was used to repair a door at Dyess AFB. The doors repaired were aircraft hangar doors and the cost was not $1.4 million.
The cost was $246000 out of $1.4 million in repairs funding.

Beck lie.

Of course, we all know about him being called out as a liar by Whoopi and Barbara Walters.

I only did a few minutes' reserach, as I said...but it's quite clear that Beck is exposed as a liar.

My favourite though, is Beck going on about how compassionate he'd become after being failed by the expensive private health system last year when he got his dangling arsegrapes removed, said he was all suicidal...boo hoo...and only a couple of weeks ago screamed like an effete banshee at a woman on his radio show.

Edit: I was having such fun looking at what a liar Glenn Beck is I thought I'd find some more:

In June Beck lied when he said that the US was the ONLY country that had a natural birthright provision. Here is the list of other countries that do:
http://www.numbersusa.com/content/learn/…

Ooopsie doodle, Beck lie.

Glenn Beck lied when he said that the director of White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, "has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population."
This one is so good I'll just give you the link:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/…

Hey, if I find any more I'll let you know. I'll bet there are PLENTY. I don't give a flatflyingfuck if the guy is passionate, he has a responsibility to check facts and make sure that the information he is disseminating is not poisoning people's minds. Look at the goofballs who think he's a Stay-Puft saint. The guy is a screaming ******* nutcase.

Forum List

Back