Is it time to stop bashing Glenn Beck?

OMG, this CRACKED me up.
This "constant mockery of these bloviating right-wing demagogues" wastes "precious center-left media time." With the economy "still in a coma," and the Middle East in revolt, liberal journalists like Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews should focus on the relative superiority of the Left's policies

And they called Rachel Maddcow and Chrissy Matthews, JOURNALIST.:lol::lol::lol:

What is your definition of a "journalist," genius?

Here's your lesson for the day:

Journalism is a discipline of collecting, verifying, reporting and analyzing information gathered regarding current events, including trends, issues and people. Those who practice journalism are known as journalists. More ~~
Journalism - Definition

Now you can go back to watching the cartoon networks.

Yep the verifying part is the part that is gone from virtually all "journalists" now.

OMG, this CRACKED me up.
This "constant mockery of these bloviating right-wing demagogues" wastes "precious center-left media time." With the economy "still in a coma," and the Middle East in revolt, liberal journalists like Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews should focus on the relative superiority of the Left's policies

Journalism is a discipline of collecting, verifying, reporting and analyzing information gathered regarding current events, including trends, issues and people. Those who practice journalism are known as journalists. More ~~
Journalism - Definition

why should I do that, it's more fun sitting here watching you lefties TWIST yourselves into pretzels trying to claim, Maddcow and Matthews are Journalist..If that's the case than so is Beck and Limbaugh...now don't go choking on that pretzel..:lol:

Last edited:
I don't know about his ratings dipping, but Glenn Beck is cleaning up on the competition in his time slot.

At 5pm Beck got a 429 compared to MSNBC's 127, CNN's 124, and Headline New's 93.

Seems like he's doing pretty damned good.

LINK

Last edited:
Beck is a not quite sane pundit.
The ones who I feel sorry for are his admirers.

And his ratings are dropping, I say keep up the fight against his political insanity.

It is interesting to see the Beckites taking a Salon article at it's word though :D

I can't find a single reliable source that proves his ratings are dropping. I see all of the lefty sites saying it. Huffing and Puffington Post, Media Matters (doesn't really matter)

Jersey Shore is cleaning up on cable though

Are Neilson ratings good enough, which is where they ALL get the information published in reports?

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/category/cable-news

Every news outlet, possibly with the exception of Fox, has the story. Here's just one:

So Far Over 1 Million Viewers Have Dumped Glenn Beck In 2010
Things are not looking good for Glenn Beck and FNC. Not only have over 200 advertisers left Beck, and the network has been reduced to virtually giving away his ad time, but Fox News viewers are leaving his show in droves. Since January, Beck has lost 33% of his audience, or roughly 1.4 million daily viewers. The worst news for Beck is that this has been a steady erosion, and the viewers are not coming back.

Beck is a not quite sane pundit.
The ones who I feel sorry for are his admirers.

And his ratings are dropping, I say keep up the fight against his political insanity.

It is interesting to see the Beckites taking a Salon article at it's word though :D

I can't find a single reliable source that proves his ratings are dropping. I see all of the lefty sites saying it. Huffing and Puffington Post, Media Matters (doesn't really matter)

Jersey Shore is cleaning up on cable though

Are Neilson ratings good enough, which is where they ALL get the information published in reports?

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/category/cable-news

Every news outlet, possibly with the exception of Fox, has the story. Here's just one:

So Far Over 1 Million Viewers Have Dumped Glenn Beck In 2010
Things are not looking good for Glenn Beck and FNC. Not only have over 200 advertisers left Beck, and the network has been reduced to virtually giving away his ad time, but Fox News viewers are leaving his show in droves. Since January, Beck has lost 33% of his audience, or roughly 1.4 million daily viewers. The worst news for Beck is that this has been a steady erosion, and the viewers are not coming back.

:lame2:

Yup, Politicususa. It says up in the upper right corner "Real Liberal Poltics"

Yeah, like those guys wouldn't lie.:bsflag:

OMG, this CRACKED me up.

Journalism - Definition

why should I do that, it's more fun sitting here watching you lefties TWIST yourselves into pretzels trying to claim, Maddcow and Matthews are Journalist..If that's the case than so is Beck and Limbaugh...now don't go choking on that pretzel..:lol:

I don't know what "title" any of them has next to their names. I'm just pointing out your silliness in thinking that's what is important. It's what they say, and all of them on the specific cable and radio "shows" editorialize. More from my link defining journalism.
Generally, a distinction is drawn between reporting (just the facts) and opinions: such as editorials, (the official opinions of the paper) and op-ed columns ("opposite the editorial page" commentary).

However, this distinction is sometimes difficult to make. Journalists may unintentionally fall prey to propaganda or disinformation. Journalists may give a biased account of facts by being selective in their reporting, for instance focusing on anecdote or giving partial explanation of actions.

How many years has it taken the left to work that out? It's no wonder Beck mocks them, they dumb.

This is what bothers me the most. That there are seemingly intelligent people who actually think Glenn Beck is as smart or maybe even smarter. Oh...my...God...

Who gives a shit if he's smart. I just know he's honest.

Fuck being smart. Obama is professed to be smart and he's a lying asshole.

I don't know about the former but the latter are termed "info-tainers"

Last edited:
Becks beats the shit out of every one else in his time slot on cable.

suck on THAT leftards.

better yet, dont CLAIM his is wrong, PROVE IT

prove van jones isnt a marxist.....

prove that soros isnt paying for pretty much ALL the leftarded blogs and websites....

if beck is soooooooooo crazy, it ought to be easy.

Let's face it folks, people are tired of the news. Fox News is the only news program that cracked the top ten.

Last week saw an enormous amount of coverage dedicated to Egypt, culminating with the news on Friday that President Hosni Mubarak was vacating his post.

While the Egypt news may have culminated, intense competition from the entertainment channels meant that all three cable news channels saw viewership declines from the prior week.

Fox News remained the top news network, and the only one to crack the Nielsen top 10. It placed fourth in primetime, behind USA Network, History and TNT, and seventh in total day. CNN placed 29th in primetime and 27th in total day, while MSNBC was 28th in primetime and 31st in total day.

There was only one cable news show to crack the top 40 cable programs for the week, and that was “The O’Reilly Factor,” which had the bonus questions from Bill O’Reilly‘s interview with president Obama.

Both the cable network and program ranker are after the jump.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser...-news-channel-to-crack-nielsen-top-10_b53237l

Journalism - Definition

I don't know what "title" any of them has next to their names. I'm just pointing out your silliness in thinking that's what is important. It's what they say, and all of them on the specific cable and radio "shows" editorialize. More from my link defining journalism.
Generally, a distinction is drawn between reporting (just the facts) and opinions: such as editorials, (the official opinions of the paper) and op-ed columns ("opposite the editorial page" commentary).

However, this distinction is sometimes difficult to make. Journalists may unintentionally fall prey to propaganda or disinformation. Journalists may give a biased account of facts by being selective in their reporting, for instance focusing on anecdote or giving partial explanation of actions.

good grief.
I didn't think ANY of the article was IMPORTANT. I was pointing out the stupid in it. And then was laughing my ass off.
I suppose people will start IGNORING and not posting about Beck, bout the same way they had a Palin FREE MONTH this month.
WON'T HAPPEN.

Last edited:
Bashing Glenn Beck is bad for liberals - The Week

This "constant mockery of these bloviating right-wing demagogues" wastes "precious center-left media time." With the economy "still in a coma," and the Middle East in revolt, liberal journalists like Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews should focus on the relative superiority of the Left's policies, and reserve their attacks for the "crazy" conservative leaders who wield actual power

It makes other far-right Republican conservatives look moderate. Mockery of Palin, Bachmann and Beck may backfire on the left by making conservative and libertarian politicians with equally nutty ideas but more statesmanlike gravitas appear to be more moderate than they really are. Rep. Paul Ryan, the Republican chairman of the House Budget Committee, has ideas about the budget and social policy, like voucherizing Medicare, that are just as crazy as anything spouted by Glenn Beck. But he looks dignified in a suit and speaks the language of policy wonkery, so he gets respectful attention, while liberal pundits pummel right-wing media blowhards and less influential politicians like Rep. Bachmann who, unlike Ryan, do not have their fingers around the levers of government.

With Beck's popularity tanking, we must be doing something right by bringing his absurdities to the forefront. I've begun taping his program every day trying to understand what the attraction is, but so far can't figure out a rational reason. The irrational reason, of course, is that his viewers hate Barack Obama, so any utterance that attacks the administration is what they understand. Sadly, it's all they understand.

Of course, in order for your OPINION to be even close to fact, in order for your post to be rational, you must explain Glen Beck's popularity before we hated Obama. Of course we do not hate Obama the person, I am sure if I met him in the bar we could have a drink, I personally, hate Marxism, that does not mean I hate every person that is a Marxist.

So how come MSNBC gave Glen Beck a job, that was before Obama, how did the hate of Obama factor in then?

good grief.
I didn't think ANY of the article was IMPORTANT. I was pointing out the stupid in it. And then was laughing my ass off.
I suppose people will start IGNORING and not posting about Beck, bout the same way they had a Palin FREE MONTH this month.
WON'T HAPPEN.

No offense but you've been posting here since Bush II's regime was only just finishing its first, court-appointed, occupation? :bow3:

Last edited:
good grief.
WON'T HAPPEN.

No offense but you've been posting here since Bush II's regime was only just finishing its first, court-appointed, occupation? :bow3:

since 2004 and the board was owned by someone else.
I should be a honorary member by now. or a queen or something..:lol:

Last edited:
since 2004 and was owned by someone else.
I should be a honorary member by now.:lol:

OK. Otherwise I was going to say that you have a VERY stable life. Excessively so :tongue: OR you were one of the few that finds the perfect site on the first try.

Last edited:
FUNNY AS HELL..

You don't see Conservatives or Republican posting thread after thread about Rush or Beck.

Yet it is US who gets ACCUSED of worshipping of them.:lol::lol:

Amusing that?

And still not facts to counter him. Amazing.

Agreed. It just gives the "self- described", Rodeo Clown free publicity/ratings.

Not to mention it makes them look stupid when he proves them wrong.

You mean like when he spelled oligarchy incorrectly? :lol:

No. I mean when he presents facts from history and current events that other people ignore.

But alas, can't talk to people who expect perfection. I mean he misspelled a word! He must be stupid!

I am wondering if there is anyone in the history of the planet who is literate that hasn't misspelled a word.

How many years has it taken the left to work that out? It's no wonder Beck mocks them, they dumb.

This is what bothers me the most. That there are seemingly intelligent people who actually think Glenn Beck is as smart or maybe even smarter. Oh...my...God...

Who gives a shit if he's smart. I just know he's honest.

Fuck being smart. Obama is professed to be smart and he's a lying asshole.

I'd rather be surounded with people who are honest and willing to learn than liars who know it all.

good grief.
WON'T HAPPEN.

since 2004 and the board was owned by someone else.
I should be a honorary member by now. or a queen or something..:lol:

Ive been around longer. But then i did take a sabatical for a while too

Forum List

Back