If God doesn't exist...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that you believe that religion has never had a positive influence, when you look at it over time, and is only responsible for bad, wouldn't it make sense to abolish religion?
It's like a cancer, takes time.
Thank you for proving my point, british boy.
lmao.gif

Given that you believe that religion has never had a positive influence, when you look at it over time, and is only responsible for bad, wouldn't it make sense to abolish religion?
lmao.gif
What? That your god gives people cancer? Good call.
If that's what you want to believe, go for it. I couldn't care less.
lmao.gif

lmao.gif
lmao.gif
You're on tilt again, how cute.

lmao.gif
lmao.gif
Are you saying that your God didn't create cancer?

lmao.gif
lmao.gif
Cancer is a disease and a part of the human condition. If you would like to argue that God is responsible for cancer then don't stop there. You can blame Him for everything else that you perceive as being bad such as war, famine, forest fires, etc. But to be objective, you would also need to credit Him for everything that is good too.

lmao.gif
lmao.gif
Is that more of your British logic?
lmao.gif

lmao.gif
lmao.gif
Cancer is a disease and a part of the human condition. If you would like to argue that God is responsible for cancer then don't stop there. You can blame Him for everything else that you perceive as being bad such as war, famine, forest fires, etc. But to be objective, you would also need to credit Him for everything that is good too.
So why did your god make all the bad things? Earth would be better without them.

lmao.gif
lmao.gif
Is that more of your British logic?
lmao.gif
At least you're consistent. Consistently wrong. :D

lmao.gif
lmao.gif
I do, with the exception of War. And I would say the same to you. If you want to credit God with all of the good things that happen in life, you must also hold him responsible for all of the bad. You wanna compare the two? Bear in mind, I specifically said all of the things God did, and does, not anything that people do in the name of God. So, all of those hospitals, charities, etc. don't count. God isn't doing any of those things; people are. That those people think they are being "directed by God", is irrelevant. The people who strap on bombs, and blow shit up think they are being directed by God, too, and all of us - Christian theists included - think they are out of their fucking minds. So, again, if you are going to credit your god with the positive things people do in his name, then you have to hold him responsible for the negative things they do in his name, as well.

So, I say again, shall we make a comparative list?

lmao.gif
lmao.gif
I do, with the exception of War. And I would say the same to you. If you want to credit God with all of the good things that happen in life, you must also hold him responsible for all of the bad. You wanna compare the two? Bear in mind, I specifically said all of the things God did, and does, not anything that people do in the name of God. So, all of those hospitals, charities, etc. don't count. God isn't doing any of those things; people are. That those people think they are being "directed by God", is irrelevant. The people who strap on bombs, and blow shit up think they are being directed by God, too, and all of us - Christian theists included - think they are out of their fucking minds. So, again, if you are going to credit your god with the positive things people do in his name, then you have to hold him responsible for the negative things they do in his name, as well.

I do and I have. The funny thing is that you don't believe in God and you only blame Him for the bad and give Him no credit for the good.

lmao.gif

I do and I have. The funny thing is that you don't believe in God and you only blame Him for the bad and give Him no credit for the good.
Such as? And don't bother listing all that crap that "religion" promotes; religion is a tool of people. I'm looking for a list of things that God does. You know...healing the sick, making the blind see, preventing a fire from destroying an entire community. Oh, and the Bible doesn't work, either. Even if I believed the stories in the Bible - which I don't - at best that is your God resting on his laurels; the question "What have you done for me lately?" comes screaming to mind. List for me all of the verifiable things God has done. "He helped me find my car keys", or "He cured my little sister's acne" doesn't count, as it is not verifiable. It's easy to make up a bunch of personal anecdotes; looking for verifiable shit here. Go ahead. I'll wait.

chritianity is a political orientation for a religion that circumvents its focus of an actual creator the Almighty for its own purposes and control over society and is the reason for its history of oppression.

lmao.gif

Such as? And don't bother listing all that crap that "religion" promotes; religion is a tool of people. I'm looking for a list of things that God does. You know...healing the sick, making the blind see, preventing a fire from destroying an entire community. Oh, and the Bible doesn't work, either. Even if I believed the stories in the Bible - which I don't - at best that is your God resting on his laurels; the question "What have you done for me lately?" comes screaming to mind. List for me all of the verifiable things God has done. "He helped me find my car keys", or "He cured my little sister's acne" doesn't count, as it is not verifiable. It's easy to make up a bunch of personal anecdotes; looking for verifiable shit here. Go ahead. I'll wait.
And people are a tool of God. No need to wait.

So, the terrorist bombers are tools of God? Good to know. I'll add that to list of your God's crimes...

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

So you admit that you're a tool. Good for you. :D

So, the terrorist bombers are tools of God? Good to know. I'll add that to list of your God's crimes...

If that is how you want to see it then sure. Just don't forget to credit him for the good too.

So you admit that you're a tool. Good for you. :D
Just like you.

chritianity is a political orientation for a religion that circumvents its focus of an actual creator the Almighty for its own purposes and control over society and is the reason for its history of oppression.

You don't say. Anything else?

If that is how you want to see it then sure. Just don't forget to credit him for the good too.

That's how you see it: "People are the tools of God". Your own words. Unless you only think that people are God's tools when they do things you can point to as good things. I mean that seems kind of biased, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back