Best stock to buy RIGHT NOW and hold for 10 years?

Need to get a bit of conversation going on these boards. NVDA and SMCI have been the hot stocks lately, but if you could buy one stock now, and hold it for 10 years, which stock would it be?
i've done well in schwabs health care index fund. but a little more volatility for quick turnover is my game.

a little too early for the trump media stock. that is for BIG money. "when the elephants dance , don't cut in." rampart sr.

or maybe even better ...

"if you don't know who the sucker is in a poker game, it is probably you" rampart sr.

Split your money three ways and buy the following:

DIA
SPY
QQQ

These are Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) for the three major stock markets indexes.

They’ll put you in the market with a well diversified portfolio.

Need to get a bit of conversation going on these boards. NVDA and SMCI have been the hot stocks lately, but if you could buy one stock now, and hold it for 10 years, which stock would it be?
/——-/ I made a bundle trading SMCI. Right now I have I cash secured put at $930 expiring 4/19. If assigned, I’ll sell a covered call until assigned again. Rinse and repeat. Get back to me when either one splits 10 for 1.

Split your money three ways and buy the following:

DIA
SPY
QQQ

These are Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) for the three major stock markets indexes.
T
there are plenty of good index funds. i use mostly the schwab 1000 fund, and have no complaints.

in general the indexes are safer, because it is un likely that all the ceos will pull their shenanagans at once, or is it? 2008 cpmes to mind, and those same executives are still on the job.

If you have the money, then Costco. If you don't, in ten years these stocks should be worth much more:

Carnival Cruise (CCL)
Real Good Food (RGF)
Maxeon Solar (MAXN)
Aemetis (AMTX)
Gevo (GEVO)

Carnival was in the $40+ range before covid. Now around $15. They're the world's largest and people aren't going to stop going on cruises.

The others, I just think have only upsides. Singapore's Maxeon has really fallen from their $38 down to around $3 mostly because of the slowdown in solar installations due to high interest rates. But the are the leader in solar panel efficiency and keep improving their panels. If you believe in solar, which the vast majority of the world does, they and Emeren (SOL) might be for you. Emeren is an international solar company, not as affected by partisan political actors like our Republican Party trying to favor oil over Green. Countries like Spain and Portugal, for instance, have embraced solar big time, because they have plenty of sun, and no oil industry to buy their politicians like the USA.

The nice thing about some of these stocks I mentioned is that it's a cheap buy in, if you think they are going to do well in the long run of 10 years. You can get 100 shares of GEVO for $70 or RGF for $37. Technically, I guess you could call them penny stocks, but they weren't before covid and high interest. So I just see them as extremely depressed stocks which should regain their former strength over a bit of time. And if there is a combination of a strong showing for Democrats in November, coupled with lowered interest rates, I can see all of the Green companies I've bought stock in going up significantly, especially if a new wave of tax cuts, subsidies, and stimulus is passed by climate-aware Democrats.

If you have the money, then Costco. If you don't, in ten years these stocks should be worth much more:

Carnival Cruise (CCL)
Real Good Food (RGF)
Maxeon Solar (MAXN)
Aemetis (AMTX)
Gevo (GEVO)

Carnival was in the $40+ range before covid. Now around $15. They're the world's largest and people aren't going to stop going on cruises.

The others, I just think have only upsides. Singapore's Maxeon has really fallen from their $38 down to around $3 mostly because of the slowdown in solar installations due to high interest rates. But the are the leader in solar panel efficiency and keep improving their panels. If you believe in solar, which the vast majority of the world does, they and Emeren (SOL) might be for you. Emeren is an international solar company, not as affected by partisan political actors like our Republican Party trying to favor oil over Green. Countries like Spain and Portugal, for instance, have embraced solar big time, because they have plenty of sun, and no oil industry to buy their politicians like the USA.
Good points.

Good points.
Well, I hope so. I dont know much about the stock market at all. I'm going strictly by my own intuition on what is going to happen in the future with alternative energies. GEVO and AMTX are both companies that deal with ethanol, methane capture, biofuel for airplanes, and such. A lot of decarbonization.

Carnival Cruise (CCL)
Real Good Food (RGF)
Maxeon Solar (MAXN)
Aemetis (AMTX)
Gevo (GEVO)

GEVO , lol .73 currently and on their way to bankruptcy. Carnival - don't agree. Rest of them I don't know anything about.

GEVO , lol .73 currently and on their way to bankruptcy.
Where are you getting that nonsense? This is from 4 days ago:

Delta will annually purchase 10 million gallons of biofuel from Gevo

Delta Airlines and biofuel maker Gevo say the airline will purchase 10 million gallons (39,4 million liters) of biofuel annually in an effort to reduce the airline's carbon footprint and meet Delta's global sustainability goals. aviation.

The Atlanta-based airline has committed to carbon-neutral growth and reducing emissions by 50% by 2050.

Although more expensive than conventional fossil fuels, sustainable jet fuel can provide significant environmental benefits because the lifecycle carbon footprint can be up to 75% smaller than conventional jet fuel, the companies said in a joint statement on 17 from December.

delta-plane.jpg

“Long-term investments, like our agreement with Gevo, are critical to Delta's goal to reduce our carbon footprint while planning for a more sustainable future.”, says Graeme Burnett, Delta's senior vice president of fuel management. "Fuel is an airline's biggest footprint and therefore presents our biggest opportunity to drive solutions that care for the planet."

Gevo adds that the fuel to be supplied to Delta is made up of "inedible industrial corn products", with their patented process separating the sugar from the proteins in the corn product.

“The sugars are then used to produce the jet fuel, while the proteins are fed to the livestock”says the company. “After capturing and converting livestock manure into biogas digesters that can replace natural gas based on fossil waste, the solids produced are used as fertilizer for the fields, thus creating a renewable and continuous manufacturing cycle.”

Where are you getting that nonsense? This is from 4 days ago:

Delta will annually purchase 10 million gallons of biofuel from Gevo

Delta Airlines and biofuel maker Gevo say the airline will purchase 10 million gallons (39,4 million liters) of biofuel annually in an effort to reduce the airline's carbon footprint and meet Delta's global sustainability goals. aviation.

The Atlanta-based airline has committed to carbon-neutral growth and reducing emissions by 50% by 2050.

Although more expensive than conventional fossil fuels, sustainable jet fuel can provide significant environmental benefits because the lifecycle carbon footprint can be up to 75% smaller than conventional jet fuel, the companies said in a joint statement on 17 from December.

delta-plane.jpg

“Long-term investments, like our agreement with Gevo, are critical to Delta's goal to reduce our carbon footprint while planning for a more sustainable future.”, says Graeme Burnett, Delta's senior vice president of fuel management. "Fuel is an airline's biggest footprint and therefore presents our biggest opportunity to drive solutions that care for the planet."

Gevo adds that the fuel to be supplied to Delta is made up of "inedible industrial corn products", with their patented process separating the sugar from the proteins in the corn product.

“The sugars are then used to produce the jet fuel, while the proteins are fed to the livestock”says the company. “After capturing and converting livestock manure into biogas digesters that can replace natural gas based on fossil waste, the solids produced are used as fertilizer for the fields, thus creating a renewable and continuous manufacturing cycle.”

That sounds awesome!
How much do they charge per gallon of crappy...err...green fuel?

Ignorant Todd. You think Delta Airlines is going to put crappy fuel in their multi-million dollar airplanes?

Green mandates make companies do stupid things.
Like using fuel that thickens when it gets cold.

So how much for this wonder fuel? Three times as much? Four times? More?

Forum List

Back