I was fired because I support Trump!

Should your boss be able to fire you for your political views?

• Yes

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 35 70.0%

• Total voters
were you being an obnoxious jerk to the people around you? were you imposing your "views" on others?
Nope. I just wore my “Make America great again!" hat to work last week, and my boss said, "If you're not smart enough to realize that Trump is playing you like the audience of WWF, then you can find somewhere else to work!".

Isn't that discrimination?

Well yes, that would be discrimination. Then again, only considering applicants who have a bachelor's degree is also discrimination. Only certain forms of discrimination are prohibited. The majority of the time, discrimination is lawful, expected, and advisable.

Well, I live in California, where political affiliation is a protected class. My lawyer says I have a strong case.
It is? I live in CA and not aware of that.
LABOR CODE - LAB
DIVISION 2. EMPLOYMENT REGULATION AND SUPERVISION [200 - 2699.5]

( Division 2 enacted by Stats. 1937, Ch. 90. )
PART 3. PRIVILEGES AND IMMUNITIES [920 - 1138.5]
( Part 3 enacted by Stats. 1937, Ch. 90. )

CHAPTER 5. Political Affiliations [1101 - 1106]
( Chapter 5 enacted by Stats. 1937, Ch. 90. )

No employer shall make, adopt, or enforce any rule, regulation, or policy:

(a) Forbidding or preventing employees from engaging or participating in politics or from becoming candidates for public office.

(b) Controlling or directing, or tending to control or direct the political activities or affiliations of employees.

(Enacted by Stats. 1937, Ch. 90.)

Law section

which has nothing to do with your behavior at work.

Nope. I just wore my “Make America great again!" hat to work last week, and my boss said, "If you're not smart enough to realize that Trump is playing you like the audience of WWF, then you can find somewhere else to work!".

Well yes, that would be discrimination. Then again, only considering applicants who have a bachelor's degree is also discrimination. Only certain forms of discrimination are prohibited. The majority of the time, discrimination is lawful, expected, and advisable.

Well, I live in California, where political affiliation is a protected class. My lawyer says I have a strong case.
LABOR CODE - LAB

(a) Forbidding or preventing employees from engaging or participating in politics or from becoming candidates for public office.

(b) Controlling or directing, or tending to control or direct the political activities or affiliations of employees.

Law section

LOL

Wearing a hat is a behavior......................

Get's their panties in a wad...........need to buy 10 of them......wear a different one every day..........LOL

LABOR CODE - LAB

Law section

That law addresses the employers behavior, not the employees.

LOL

Get's their panties in a wad...........need to buy 10 of them......wear a different one every day..........LOL

Well, yeah. If you aren't changing your panties on a daily basis you're a dirty little fucker.

LABOR CODE - LAB

Law section

That law addresses the employers behavior, not the employees.

how is he being prevented from being political OUTSIDE OF WORK

you seem confused

LOL

Well, yeah. If you aren't changing your panties on a daily basis you're a dirty little fucker.
Raw nerve ending hit..............need some salt.

Are you poor wittle libtards offended by Trump and a Hat.

LOL

Careful.................you offend them too much they might get the IRS to audit you......

LOL

were you being an obnoxious jerk to the people around you? were you imposing your "views" on others?

LABOR CODE - LAB

Law section

He wasn’t fired for joining a party or running for office. He was fired for putting his politics on display at work.

So since you haven’t sued his ass even though your lawyer says you have a good case, I’m guessing that you were already on thin ice with your employer before you wore your Dumb Donald hat to work. That you’ve had multiple warnings about your behaviour in the past and pretty much chosen to ignore them. That you’re not the hardest working guy in the fry line.

If you were all that and a bag of peanuts, your boss would have told you to ditch the hat and get to work.

No one even talks to me at work.

That's what happens when you act like an asshole who makes people uncomfortable.
It's not that. Most of them are Asians or Indians (from India) and we just don't have that much in common'

Oh sure. Nothing disruptive at all about wearing a MAGA hat (uniform violation?) in a setting like that.
What? Are you saying they're racists? I don't think it was it. They seem like good people.

No one even talks to me at work.

That's what happens when you act like an asshole who makes people uncomfortable.
It's not that. Most of them are Asians or Indians (from India) and we just don't have that much in common'

Oh sure. Nothing disruptive at all about wearing a MAGA hat (uniform violation?) in a setting like that.
At the construction site.................It would be NICE HAT.

Then some butt hurt type will go ............WAHHHHHH.................promptly told to STFU.........

cause we really don't give a rip..........one advantage of construction work.

Then some butt hurt type will go ............WAHHHHHH.................promptly told to STFU.........

Good for you, I guess. My job doesn't involve wearing hats. Well, not often, anyway. And not for very long even when it does.

Well? What say you good people?
HEY! It's the GOP that has been trying for decades to kill unions and turn all States to "Right To Work" enclaves. Firing 'at will' is part and parcel of that paradigm, and no reason or any reason for dismissal is fair game. Pass that Whine bottle around and quit complaining about programs your types have been pushing and cheering!

But then you're probably just trying to stir shit with a troll thread, Stupid Rabbit!

:boo_hoo14:

Good for you, I guess. My job doesn't involve wearing hats. Well, not often, anyway. And not for very long even when it does.
Given your name..........you don't wear clothes at all at work.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Forum List

Back