I was fired because I support Trump!

Should your boss be able to fire you for your political views?

• Yes

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 35 70.0%

• Total voters
Well? What say you good people?

were you being an obnoxious jerk to the people around you? were you imposing your "views" on others?
Nope. I just wore my “Make America great again!" hat to work last week, and my boss said, "If you're not smart enough to realize that Trump is playing you like the audience of WWF, then you can find somewhere else to work!".

Isn't that discrimination?

Well yes, that would be discrimination. Then again, only considering applicants who have a bachelor's degree is also discrimination. Only certain forms of discrimination are prohibited. The majority of the time, discrimination is lawful, expected, and advisable.

Well, I live in California, where political affiliation is a protected class. My lawyer says I have a strong case.

were you being an obnoxious jerk to the people around you? were you imposing your "views" on others?
Nope. I just wore my “Make America great again!" hat to work last week, and my boss said, "If you're not smart enough to realize that Trump is playing you like the audience of WWF, then you can find somewhere else to work!".

If that's what happened, you've got witnesses, right?
Yep. She was quite open about it.

Well yes, that would be discrimination. Then again, only considering applicants who have a bachelor's degree is also discrimination. Only certain forms of discrimination are prohibited. The majority of the time, discrimination is lawful, expected, and advisable.

Well, I live in California, where political affiliation is a protected class. My lawyer says I have a strong case.
It is? I live in CA and not aware of that.

If that's what happened, you've got witnesses, right?
Yep. She was quite open about it.
You should have recorded it..................tie her ass up in court............

Where is the line drawn? Wearing something political? Having a political poster on the wall in your office? A bumper sticker? Should a person wearing a 'Black Lives Matter' T-Shirt be fired?

Well the poll results are gratifying. It's good to see some people care about free speech.

Discrimination? Nah just culling unneeded and unwanted workers

You think people should be fired for their political views? Like, could a boss fire, or refuse to hire, anyway she suspected of being a Democrat?
I think you should be fired for acting like an asshole at work. And anybody wearing a MAGA hat is openly being an asshole. Open and shut if you ask me.
Well if I see two dudes kiss, there are assholes, good enough for me. See how that works?

Well the poll results are gratifying. It's good to see some people care about free speech.
Leftist only agree with Free Speech to those that agree with them...........it's just the way they roll..............

Kinda like Facebook............make sure opinions of the opposition are silenced.............

Marx would be proud of them.

It's a 50/50 kind of thing. In California an employer can't try to control or coerce employees' political beliefs of affiliations. But that protection does not protect you from political expressions in the workplace that create disruptions.

LABOR CODE - LAB
DIVISION 2. EMPLOYMENT REGULATION AND SUPERVISION [200 - 2699.5]

( Division 2 enacted by Stats. 1937, Ch. 90. )
PART 3. PRIVILEGES AND IMMUNITIES [920 - 1138.5]
( Part 3 enacted by Stats. 1937, Ch. 90. )

CHAPTER 5. Political Affiliations [1101 - 1106]
( Chapter 5 enacted by Stats. 1937, Ch. 90. )

No employer shall make, adopt, or enforce any rule, regulation, or policy:

(a) Forbidding or preventing employees from engaging or participating in politics or from becoming candidates for public office.

(b) Controlling or directing, or tending to control or direct the political activities or affiliations of employees.

(Enacted by Stats. 1937, Ch. 90.)

Law section

Not in a 'right to work' state.

America is divided...........................We can't stand the left and they can't stand us.......

Find a job with conservatives..............and turn her ass into the labor board..............

Go to the local media and get them to crawl up her ass..................Be a PAIN TO THEM..........You don't have to win..........

Wrongful firing lawsuit............will tie their butts up.............

It's a 50/50 kind of thing. In California an employer can't try to control or coerce employees' political beliefs of affiliations. But that protection does not protect you from political expressions in the workplace that create disruptions.
There was no disruption. No one said anything about it. No one even talks to me at work.

Forum List

Back