I was fired because I support Trump!

Should your boss be able to fire you for your political views?

• Yes

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 35 70.0%

• Total voters
You should have known you're not allowed to talk politics on the clock at McDonald's.

Let me guess. You were at work shooting off your mouth about how n-word-ers and wet backs are going to get shot dead if they try to move across the border because MAGA, and HR decided that you were creating a hostile work environment. You now have morphed that in your mind as being fired for supporting Trump, completely unwilling to take personal responsibility for your actions. That about right?

Well? What say you good people?

You should thank your previous employer for providing you with the opportunity you didn't have the courage to embrace on your own.
You shouldn't have a boss ... Open your own business ... Support and do business with whomever you want.

were you being an obnoxious jerk to the people around you? were you imposing your "views" on others?
Nope. I just wore my “Make America great again!" hat to work last week, and my boss said, "If you're not smart enough to realize that Trump is playing you like the audience of WWF, then you can find somewhere else to work!".

Isn't that discrimination?

No they shouldn't be allowed to do so. But this is EXACTLY why I decided not to go into Teaching or anything else where I am forced to push politically correctness shit on to other people. I can't hold my tongue lol.

HEY! It's the GOP that has been trying for decades to kill unions and turn all States to "Right To Work" enclaves. Firing 'at will' is part and parcel of that paradigm, and no reason or any reason for dismissal is fair game. Pass that Whine bottle around and quit complaining about programs your types have been pushing and cheering!

But then you're probably just trying to stir shit with a troll thread, Stupid Rabbit!

were you being an obnoxious jerk to the people around you? were you imposing your "views" on others?
Nope. I just wore my “Make America great again!" hat to work last week, and my boss said, "If you're not smart enough to realize that Trump is playing you like the audience of WWF, then you can find somewhere else to work!".

Discrimination? Nah just culling unneeded and unwanted workers

Euphemisms like this don't make a lot of sense to me. You say that and I automatically think of the word "nigger." Why not just say the word?

Aside from the fact that the last time I said it on this board, it was automatically bleeped somehow with asterisks? Because "n-word-ers" is a better fit for the cheeky tone I wanted my post to convey. When you become a big kid you'll read enough books in high school so you can become better at recognizing intangibles like that in writings.

You think people should be fired for their political views? Like, could a boss fire, or refuse to hire, anyone she suspected of being a Democrat?

Last edited:

Well yes, that would be discrimination. Then again, only considering applicants who have a bachelor's degree is also discrimination. Only certain forms of discrimination are prohibited. The majority of the time, discrimination is lawful, expected, and advisable.

You think people should be fired for their political views? Like, could a boss fire, or refuse to hire, anyway she suspected of being a Democrat?
I think you should be fired for acting like an asshole at work. And anybody wearing a MAGA hat is openly being an asshole. Open and shut if you ask me.

If that's what happened, you've got witnesses, right?

New Topics

Forum List

Back