I was fired because I support Trump!

Should your boss be able to fire you for your political views?

• Yes

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 35 70.0%

• Total voters
Well? What say you good people?

You are qualified to be Trump's secretary of state or war minister, go get a job with your dear leader. Of course in a few months he'll fire you as well and destroy any career opportunities you may have had but you will have been in the presence of your sacred orange turd.

Simple answer: No.

Qualified answer: Politics shouldn't be discussed at work, just like religion and sex should be off topic for the workplace.

Well, I live in California, where political affiliation is a protected class. My lawyer says I have a strong case.
It is? I live in CA and not aware of that.
LABOR CODE - LAB
DIVISION 2. EMPLOYMENT REGULATION AND SUPERVISION [200 - 2699.5]

( Division 2 enacted by Stats. 1937, Ch. 90. )
PART 3. PRIVILEGES AND IMMUNITIES [920 - 1138.5]
( Part 3 enacted by Stats. 1937, Ch. 90. )

CHAPTER 5. Political Affiliations [1101 - 1106]
( Chapter 5 enacted by Stats. 1937, Ch. 90. )

No employer shall make, adopt, or enforce any rule, regulation, or policy:

(a) Forbidding or preventing employees from engaging or participating in politics or from becoming candidates for public office.

(b) Controlling or directing, or tending to control or direct the political activities or affiliations of employees.

(Enacted by Stats. 1937, Ch. 90.)

Law section

which has nothing to do with your behavior at work.
That law addresses the employers behavior, not the employees.

how is he being prevented from being political OUTSIDE OF WORK

you seem confused
Better?

LABOR CODE - LAB

No employer shall coerce or influence or attempt to coerce or influence his employees through or by means of threat of discharge or loss of employment to adopt or follow or refrain from adopting or following any particular course or line of political action or political activity.

Law section.

You are qualified to be Trump's secretary of state or war minister, go get a job with your dear leader. Of course in a few months he'll fire you as well and destroy any career opportunities you may have had but you will have been in the presence of your sacred orange turd.

Qualified answer: Politics shouldn't be discussed at work, just like religion and sex should be off topic for the workplace.
But you don't think a boss should be able to fire someone for their political views, right?

It is? I live in CA and not aware of that.
LABOR CODE - LAB

(a) Forbidding or preventing employees from engaging or participating in politics or from becoming candidates for public office.

(b) Controlling or directing, or tending to control or direct the political activities or affiliations of employees.

Law section

nope...still doesn't say you have the right to pollute the workplace

you seem confused
Better?

LABOR CODE - LAB

No employer shall coerce or influence or attempt to coerce or influence his employees through or by means of threat of discharge or loss of employment to adopt or follow or refrain from adopting or following any particular course or line of political action or political activity.

Law section.

But you don't think a boss should be able to fire someone for their political views, right?

If you are over 30 years old you already know people will fire you for any reason at all, they don't like the way you tie your shoes, and just say it's for something else. The question is mute.

I just voted yes because most Trump supporters belong in the Waldorf Hysteria, and kept safely away from the public.

If you are over 30 years old you already know people will fire you for any reason at all, they don't like the way you tie your shoes, and just say it's for something else. The question is mute.

Moot.

You support discrimination!

I just voted yes because most Trump supporters belong in the Waldorf Hysteria, and kept safely away from the public.
We think the same of you.................We still have Free Speech in this country...........until your side gets enough illegals here to vote...........and you will say Free Speech is for those who agree with you.

Others in History have done the same.............GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

were you being an obnoxious jerk to the people around you? were you imposing your "views" on others?
Nope. I just wore my “Make America great again!" hat to work last week, and my boss said, "If you're not smart enough to realize that Trump is playing you like the audience of WWF, then you can find somewhere else to work!".

Isn't that discrimination?

You mean firing an idiot is discrimination?

LABOR CODE - LAB

Law section

nope...still doesn't say you have the right to pollute the workplace

you seem confused
Better?

LABOR CODE - LAB

Law section.
?

were you being an obnoxious jerk to the people around you? were you imposing your "views" on others?
Nope. I just wore my “Make America great again!" hat to work last week, and my boss said, "If you're not smart enough to realize that Trump is playing you like the audience of WWF, then you can find somewhere else to work!".

[Citation needed] Hmm, smells like butt hurt partisan bullshit to me. Do you live in an employment 'at-will' state? If so, than no.

images

I was fired because I support Trump.

Not for the simple position of having the views. If someone is a pontificating asshole who disrupts the workplace by arguing politics, then yes, said person should be fired for being disruptive.

An individual's personal thoughts and beliefs should to be used to fire him.

Moot.

How refreshing, yet surprisingly, self-aware of you. Yes. You Are Moot.

Discrimination? Nah just culling unneeded and unwanted workers

You think people should be fired for their political views? Like, could a boss fire, or refuse to hire, anyone she suspected of being a Democrat?

Right to work states allow anyone to be fired for any, or no reason. Right wingers love the idea.

Forum List

Back