I think I might be done with the Catholic Church...

The Church should have purged out the homosexuals.
Homosexuals should not be equated with pedophiles.

Why not? They openly embraced pedophile organizations as founding groups of their 'Rights' organizations, and all of the leading 'activists' endorsed them as welcome members. They not only should be equated with them they should all be considered pedoes when it comes to allowing them around children, and of either sex; the latest FBI undercover ops against NAMBLA pointed out that many of the sickos will rape little girls as well if in a 'dry spell' with little boys.

Just because a few of the more media savvy sickos want to change their image is no reason anybody else needs to go along with the fiction that they aren't pedo-friendly in the extreme.
Not true...but someone who cannot distinguish the difference such as yourself might be better kept away from children and animals......because of your inability to distinguish the difference.

The bishops allowed 1000 children to be molested by priests, a grand jury has found.

I might be done with carrying the water of a Church that has failed on such an epic level to live up to their own moral rules.

As long as my father is alive, I will continue to go to Mass with him, because I don't want to break his heart.

But after that, I think I'm done.

Remember that Jesus was sent to the cross by his religious leaders, yet he drove the money changers out of the temple with a whip because it was still the meeting place of God's people. The message there is, don't give up on the church, or God's people, just because their "shepherds" may have gone astray. Granted, that does not mean you have to remain Catholic.

Indeed. At the end of the day it's the people who are the Church, not the bureaucrats; they can only get away with what the congregations let them get away with. Catholics obviously need to quit letting these dispicable faggots posing as 'priests' intimidate them and purge the vermin.

Maybe instead of people leaving the Catholic church, maybe, must maybe, they should all begin to protest and demand some justice and reform it.

But hey, saying there is not God and walking away seems so much easier, doesn't it.

But we see the same things in our politics. People just put up with all the corrupt politics and continue to vote for insanely corrupt people like Hillary or Creepy Joe Biden, the way he likes to touch children.

But alas, the American populace is too docile and seems to be doomed to be governmened by such ilk

So who in the Catholic church will pick up that whip and drive out these pedophiles?

Last edited:
When I mean human, I mean that the Church is human power. It's designed to keep people in their place while others take the power, like politics, well, it is politics.

Rather than being spiritual
Have you ever practiced the Catholic faith? It is not at all like you describe.

I can't support members of any institution that don't practice what they preach. Notwithstanding the many outstanding moral priests anywhere, they are now always going to be looked upon with suspicion. Very tragic all the way around. Lives ruined in more ways than one. Betrayal presents many faces. Pervs need to be purged instead of remaining cloaked and transferred from one church to another. My heart hurts for all present and in the past who once trusted their higher power. They are the forever wounded.

Are you aware this story broke in the 1980s? That in the past few decades the Church (meaning both parishioners and clergy) have made dramatic changes? That today the Church is a model to other agencies who all face the same problem? The study released dates back to 1947.

Some here are unhappy, nothing new there, about getting their clocks cleaned on the Board. They are held accountable and then whine about being corrected.

People are like institutions, in this OP, the Catholic Church, who get dragged screaming and kicking
When I mean human, I mean that the Church is human power. It's designed to keep people in their place while others take the power, like politics, well, it is politics.

Rather than being spiritual
Have you ever practiced the Catholic faith? It is not at all like you describe.
fw is talking about the institution not practicing the faith.

I'm just curious why Meriweather is so determined to change the OPs mind about being Catholic.
I am not "determined" to change his mind. As a fellow Catholic I am pointing out the great blessings and graces in following the Way that Christ taught. This was not the first time the Church stumbled, nor will it be the last. When weakness befalls some (as it did in Pennsylvania), it simply makes sense that the strong clean up and rebuild. When discovering termites, how many leave their houses to these destroyers? Very few. Most are determined to get rid of the bugs and reclaim their home as their own. The Church was built to be part of the Kingdom. It is up to us to see that it remains so.

Blackrook is going to do as he chooses, and I respect that. Still, we are called to encourage our brothers in Christ, so I am not going to stand aside and do nothing when he has not yet made the decision, but says he is still thinking it over.

The wrong thinking and error inherent in all the present religions leaves vulnerable humans their victims.
What is needed is a method of strengthening the human spirit rather than dominating it.
The Catholic faith is all about strengthening the human spirit, not domination.

We were talking about 'families', and now you are moving it to one individual. Stay consistent, please. We are talking about an organization that has failed its remit to its people.
One diocese--or even many--is not the organization. Do we say public schools fail over heinous acts by a few, or are those few removed so that what is good continues on?

You have made it clear you don't understand certain terms and are quite willing to move goal posts.
First, analogies do not move goal posts, they simply present another perspective of the same view. Second, you don't understand Church infallibility.

We were talking about 'families', and now you are moving it to one individual. Stay consistent, please. We are talking about an organization that has failed its remit to its people.
One diocese--or even many--is not the organization. Do we say public schools fail over heinous acts by a few, or are those few removed so that what is good continues on?
Pedophilia is rampant among catholic clergy. not just a few bad apples.

Why not? They openly embraced pedophile organizations as founding groups of their 'Rights' organizations, and all of the leading 'activists' endorsed them as welcome members. They not only should be equated with them they should all be considered pedoes when it comes to allowing them around children, and of either sex; the latest FBI undercover ops against NAMBLA pointed out that many of the sickos will rape little girls as well if in a 'dry spell' with little boys.

Just because a few of the more media savvy sickos want to change their image is no reason anybody else needs to go along with the fiction that they aren't pedo-friendly in the extreme.
Heterosexuals can be pedophiles. Homosexuals can be pedophiles. The point is that not all heterosexuals and not all homosexuals are pedophiles. Because a small percentage of priests break their vows does not mean that the greatest percentage of priests will do the same.

The wrong thinking and error inherent in all the present religions leaves vulnerable humans their victims.
What is needed is a method of strengthening the human spirit rather than dominating it.
The Catholic faith is all about strengthening the human spirit, not domination.
A truly "universal" faith would be. The Church of Rome is just that; the church of Rome.

You have made it clear you don't understand certain terms and are quite willing to move goal posts.
First, analogies do not move goal posts, they simply present another perspective of the same view. Second, you don't understand Church infallibility.
You are moving the goal post, despite your denial.

I do understand the Church's doctrine on the issue.

We are talking about the Church's failure to protect its children.

So who in the Catholic church will pick up that whip and drive out these pedophiles?

All of us. It began over twenty years ago and continues to this day.
You're never going to get them all. New ones come in all the time. If they let priest marry, you'd have normal people as clergy.

The issue is accountability. The powers that be need to make them accountable so that when they are discovered they are dealt with appropriately.

The issue is accountability. The powers that be need to make them accountable so that when they are discovered they are dealt with appropriately.
And as I've mentioned several times already, for over two decades this has been the case. The Pennsylvania report states this, using the word "finally." In other words, the report started seventy years ago, and finally after fifty years, changes were instituted. Those changes have continued on to this day.

All of us. It began over twenty years ago and continues to this day.
You're never going to get them all. New ones come in all the time. If they let priest marry, you'd have normal people as clergy.

No, they need to not let in pedophiles in the first place. Catching them after the fact doesn't cure the problem. Hetero married couples would stem that flow.

Forum List

Back