I think I might be done with the Catholic Church...

The bishops allowed 1000 children to be molested by priests, a grand jury has found.

I might be done with carrying the water of a Church that has failed on such an epic level to live up to their own moral rules.

As long as my father is alive, I will continue to go to Mass with him, because I don't want to break his heart.

But after that, I think I'm done.
You may want to keep in mind that Judas decided he was done, as well. The other eleven decided they had something worth carrying forward. Judas represents eight percent of the Apostles. The number of priests who broke their own vows is far less than that. Leaving the Church because of this would also be a slap in the face to the ninety-seven percent who did not break their vows.

Here is the real deal. I have found in my life there is never one reason for someone to reach a major decision. There are always at least three reasons that push a person into making such a change. Have you pondered what those other two reasons might be that may also be pushing you towards this choice?
The Catholic church is lead by a Devil's Minion.

Yes, one can give up a family if a member(s) fail(s) seriously enough. The same, since we are playing false equivalencies, applies to churches.
Notice you said 'a' family member. If one uncle was the problem and you refused to have him in your home, would you do the same with all uncles? If 'a' priest is a problem, why blame all priests?
We were talking about 'families', and now you are moving it to one individual. Stay consistent, please. We are talking about an organization that has failed its remit to its people.

The Church should have purged out the homosexuals.
Homosexuals should not be equated with pedophiles.

Why not? They openly embraced pedophile organizations as founding groups of their 'Rights' organizations, and all of the leading 'activists' endorsed them as welcome members. They not only should be equated with them they should all be considered pedoes when it comes to allowing them around children, and of either sex; the latest FBI undercover ops against NAMBLA pointed out that many of the sickos will rape little girls as well if in a 'dry spell' with little boys.

Just because a few of the more media savvy sickos want to change their image is no reason anybody else needs to go along with the fiction that they aren't pedo-friendly in the extreme.

The bishops allowed 1000 children to be molested by priests, a grand jury has found.

I might be done with carrying the water of a Church that has failed on such an epic level to live up to their own moral rules.

As long as my father is alive, I will continue to go to Mass with him, because I don't want to break his heart.

I don’t blame you, but I suspect this terrible event is overblown. I doubt it happened as the State claims.

Your uninformed equation of pedophilia with homosexuality is inaccurate, and you certainly cannot find that it reflects the position of the RC.

I can't support members of any institution that don't practice what they preach. Notwithstanding the many outstanding moral priests anywhere, they are now always going to be looked upon with suspicion. Very tragic all the way around. Lives ruined in more ways than one. Betrayal presents many faces. Pervs need to be purged instead of remaining cloaked and transferred from one church to another. My heart hurts for all present and in the past who once trusted their higher power. They are the forever wounded.
We must always understand that there will always be a "Judas" among us regardless of being members of the cloth or laity...and some will succeed in their evil intentions. We must be diligent but does it rock our faith? No, but it reinforces that we must be forever watchful!!

And there is ZERO excuse for not getting the Police involved as soon as possible.

Greg

Schools, sports, and clubs generally do not preach from a pulpit of infallibility.
I have a feeling you are not at all clear on the term "infallibility." It has nothing to do with this issue.
You have made it clear you don't understand certain terms and are quite willing to move goal posts.

You've made it quite clear you're nothing but a troll, and an ignorant one at that.

He has diagnosed me a foreigner because of my "syntax and diction", whatever that means. What a maroon--hat tip Bugs Bunny. (PS I'm sure I learned that vernacular growing up in RUSSIA LOL)

You may want to keep in mind that Judas decided he was done, as well. The other eleven decided they had something worth carrying forward. Judas represents eight percent of the Apostles. The number of priests who broke their own vows is far less than that. Leaving the Church because of this would also be a slap in the face to the ninety-seven percent who did not break their vows.

again, the problem isn't the minority of priests who are Kiddy-diddlers.

It's the rest of them that KNEW about the problem, and covered it all up for years... and to a lesser degree, parishoniers who all knew their clergy were a bit odd and didn't do anything about it.

I'd seriously like to bitchslap that 97% who did nothing, and actively covered up the ones who did.

Here is the real deal. I have found in my life there is never one reason for someone to reach a major decision. There are always at least three reasons that push a person into making such a change. Have you pondered what those other two reasons might be that may also be pushing you towards this choice?

Oh, I agree, there were a whole bunch of reasons why I left the Catholic Church, but the main one was the realization that there's no magic fairy up in the sky.

It's always funny how people can come up with arguments for why people should support the unsupportable.

Catholics are good at that. The church says that abortion is murder and the Pope comes out and compares abortionists to a Nazi genocide but still Catholics vote "D".

Funny stuff.

The Catholic Church can change. The problem with change is that you have to accept there were problems, which also seems to imply that either there's a problem with God, or that the Church is very human, and they don't like to do either.
Of course everyone accepts there were problems! Why do you think we all went to work to correct them? Of course the Church is very human. What made you think it is not? It's one of the first things we were taught in Catholic school.

When I mean human, I mean that the Church is human power. It's designed to keep people in their place while others take the power, like politics, well, it is politics.

Rather than being spiritual.

Of course there are human excrement who abuse positions of trust for their own ends whether they be sexual perversions or financial or other. We are by definition a "Church of sinners AND saints"......the vast majority being the former. Fortunately, most of us are not "Mortal" sinners, but those that are are damned to hell and exclude themselves from God's grace unless they REPENT...and that is NOT just saying "sorry".

As for the structure? It is what it is and is in need of constant reform but that does not mean getting rid of what it is that is working. Getting rid of Pedophiles is not a reform; it is justice!! And that is also ALL those in the state of Mortal Sin. The problem lies in working out who they are. I say again the Church has no civil authority to investigate these scum; that is the Police's job, but when there are members who fail to inform the proper authorities of such evil doers when they have information then they are guilty of being accessories after the fact. I say THEY should face the full force of the Civil Law as well.

Greg

Last edited:

Remember that Jesus was sent to the cross by his religious leaders, yet he drove the money changers out of the temple with a whip because it was still the meeting place of God's people. The message there is, don't give up on the church, or God's people, just because their "shepherds" may have gone astray. Granted, that does not mean you have to remain Catholic.

I don’t blame you, but I suspect this terrible event is overblown. I doubt it happened as the State claims.
I would suggest that many of the "credible allegations" may in fact not be substantial BUT they must be fully investigated. If they are far OFF the mark then I will be glad, but those who ARE guilty should face the full force of the Law.

Greg

Your uninformed equation of pedophilia with homosexuality is inaccurate, and you certainly cannot find that it reflects the position of the RC.

Hey Jakey I used the word "vernacular". Do you suppose I know that word from a rich natural vocabulary or I learned it growing up in Ukraine from reading English literature? While watching Bugs Bunny where I also learned "what a maroon"?

I mean I really want the nitty-gritty of this narrative you and Dumber have woven. Wait, where did I get 'nitty gritty'? Boy oh boy I sure have those idioms down don't I???

What the YouTube video didn't come in RUSSIAN, where I clearly learned Bugs Bunny lingo, Jakey???LOL
You are not the first eastern European with a fascination in American cartoons.

I would mention something with chickens but that's profane and unkind. Wait, Jakey, where did I pick up that idea that if you don't give up on something it's like doing something profane with a chicken?

Man on man I'm just a wellspring of idioms and sayings. Still going with your Dumb and Dumber theory? Jakey?

(Did I pick up "wellspring" from a thesaurus or from my rich understanding of English literature? Jake?)

I admire your great effort to master the English language, Sue. Keep it up.

What the YouTube video didn't come in RUSSIAN, where I clearly learned Bugs Bunny lingo, Jakey???LOL
You are not the first eastern European with a fascination in American cartoons.

Hey Jakey I said Ukraine and not "the Ukraine". Was that too culturally sensitive for you and not American enough? You know they were "the Ukraine" while still a part of the USSR.

Do let me know, Jakey, I would hate to set off your "syntax and diction" meters........lol lol lol

Forum List

Back