I think I might be done with the Catholic Church...

The bishops allowed 1000 children to be molested by priests, a grand jury has found.

I might be done with carrying the water of a Church that has failed on such an epic level to live up to their own moral rules.

As long as my father is alive, I will continue to go to Mass with him, because I don't want to break his heart.

But after that, I think I'm done.
You may want to keep in mind that Judas decided he was done, as well. The other eleven decided they had something worth carrying forward. Judas represents eight percent of the Apostles. The number of priests who broke their own vows is far less than that. Leaving the Church because of this would also be a slap in the face to the ninety-seven percent who did not break their vows.

Here is the real deal. I have found in my life there is never one reason for someone to reach a major decision. There are always at least three reasons that push a person into making such a change. Have you pondered what those other two reasons might be that may also be pushing you towards this choice?

It's always funny how people can come up with arguments for why people should support the unsupportable.

Catholics are good at that. The church says that abortion is murder and the Pope comes out and compares abortionists to a Nazi genocide but still Catholics vote "D".

Funny stuff.

Not ALL Catholics vote "D" by a long shot. Those that do really do need to examine their consciences. White Catholics voted 60:40 for Trump while Hispanic Catholics voted 70:26 for Whatername. !!

How the faithful voted: A preliminary 2016 analysis

Not that I particularly trust Pew on this.

Greg

Last edited:
Some Americans use 'the Ukraine' today, did you know that? I am glad you are working with syntax and diction. Keep working on your foolishness.

Some Americans use 'the Ukraine' today, did you know that? I am glad you are working with syntax and diction. Keep working on your foolishness.

I'm trying to get you to work on your ability to admit error. But fools will never admit error, even when they know they're wrong.

FT_16.11.09_Relig_ExitPoll_ReligRace.png

Very interesting numbers; White Catholics did even better than our poor rudderless Protestant cousins......:abgg2q.jpg:

Greg

I can't support members of any institution that don't practice what they preach. Notwithstanding the many outstanding moral priests anywhere, they are now always going to be looked upon with suspicion. Very tragic all the way around. Lives ruined in more ways than one. Betrayal presents many faces. Pervs need to be purged instead of remaining cloaked and transferred from one church to another. My heart hurts for all present and in the past who once trusted their higher power. They are the forever wounded.

People say this about "practice what you preach" but in Christianity it's impossible.

I preach Jesus. He was perfect. Sinless. Being perfect and sinless is hopeless for me. Sometimes I can't even manage "patient' and "merciful". If you watch me for an hour you are doomed to disappointment. I cannot practice what I preach. That is baked in the cake. That is in fact why He had to come, and thank God He did.

But I hope I don't violate His grace by using my position in the faith as a reason to take advantage of vulnerable people. That is heinous. I think that's what you mean, maybe--and I agree.

Just counting your sins on here in the last day or two; forty seven. I've made about 200. You're nearly a saint, Sue. (ps: just made that up of course, but you're nearer a Saint than me by a mile!!)

Greg

I can't support members of any institution that don't practice what they preach. Notwithstanding the many outstanding moral priests anywhere, they are now always going to be looked upon with suspicion. Very tragic all the way around. Lives ruined in more ways than one. Betrayal presents many faces. Pervs need to be purged instead of remaining cloaked and transferred from one church to another. My heart hurts for all present and in the past who once trusted their higher power. They are the forever wounded.

People say this about "practice what you preach" but in Christianity it's impossible.

I preach Jesus. He was perfect. Sinless. Being perfect and sinless is hopeless for me. Sometimes I can't even manage "patient' and "merciful". If you watch me for an hour you are doomed to disappointment. I cannot practice what I preach. That is baked in the cake. That is in fact why He had to come, and thank God He did.

But I hope I don't violate His grace by using my position in the faith as a reason to take advantage of vulnerable people. That is heinous. I think that's what you mean, maybe--and I agree.

Just counting your sins on here in the last day or two; forty seven. I've made about 200. You're nearly a saint, Sue. (ps: just made that up of course, but you're nearer a Saint than me by a mile!!)

Greg

Were you raised Catholic? If so, you probably don't even know the Gospel. Counting up sins even in jest is a good indication.

Hey Jake why is it you can’t get along with anyone here?

Greg

Were you raised Catholic? If so, you probably don't even know the Gospel. Counting up sins even in jest is a good indication.

lol. We hear the whole Bible in cycles. It's pretty cool and well structured. Then we get those sermons each Mass. A Lutheran pal and me banter a lot; neither has yet been successful at calling God's wrath down upon the other. I guess he's fond of both of us. BTW: I have Kretzmann's Commentaries in four Volumes so I'm up on his arguments. Shh: don't tell him.

Also I'm a bit of a hybrid; Bulgarian Orthodox and RC. I don't speak a word of Bulgarian unfortunately. The RC is quite sufficient.

BTW: The Bible is just the House papers of the Catholic Church collected into a single volume. Tradition and all that sort of thing.

Greg

I admire your great effort to master the English language, Sue. Keep it up.

It's quite good...for an American. You should try it sometime. You write like a lad from the estates.

Greg

I mean all he would have to do is say, "You know I think I was wrong about you, Sue. You certainly seem like an American to me," and it would be no harm, no foul.

I don't understand the inability to admit mistakes on Teh Internet. It's so stupid.

I admire your great effort to master the English language, Sue. Keep it up.

It's quite good...for an American. You should try it sometime. You write like a lad from the estates.

Greg

I mean all he would have to do is say, "You know I think I was wrong about you, Sue. You certainly seem like an American to me," and it would be no harm, no foul.

I don't understand the inability to admit mistakes on Teh Internet. It's so stupid.

True Syl; (s)he's being quite ridiculous really. I can take the ..er..pfizer..out of a person as well as anybody but one must not overdo it. In most leftists' makeup is that tendency to overdo the absurd; only a little is needed to make one's point.

As for Jake; seems something of a low functioning imbecile but I digress.

Greg

Last edited:
Your uninformed equation of pedophilia with homosexuality is inaccurate, and you certainly cannot find that it reflects the position of the RC.

Actually it's proven fact; just because you parrots are instructed not to admit it while running around bashing Da Evul Xians as a sleazy propaganda tactic means nothing, just that you're preaching to your usual dishonest degenerate choir here. Over 80% of the rapists were homosexuals raping boys, and you can't smear that away; it is true all across the other scandals as well.

Stuff it, Jake, your defense of the sicko deviants has already been noted many times before.

The bishops allowed 1000 children to be molested by priests, a grand jury has found.

I might be done with carrying the water of a Church that has failed on such an epic level to live up to their own moral rules.

As long as my father is alive, I will continue to go to Mass with him, because I don't want to break his heart.

I don’t blame you, but I suspect this terrible event is overblown. I doubt it happened as the State claims.
I would suggest that many of the "credible allegations" may in fact not be substantial BUT they must be fully investigated. If they are far OFF the mark then I will be glad, but those who ARE guilty should face the full force of the Law.

Greg

Well, they conveniently let the statutes of limitations run out on these rapes, which of course is always cause for suspicion and outrage, and raises the issues of who was responsible for that. Some states have modified their laws to remove time limitations on prosecuting pedophile rapes to be the same as murder, for which there or no statutes of limitations for criminal prosecution.

Last edited:

What the YouTube video didn't come in RUSSIAN, where I clearly learned Bugs Bunny lingo, Jakey???LOL
You are not the first eastern European with a fascination in American cartoons.

I would mention something with chickens but that's profane and unkind. Wait, Jakey, where did I pick up that idea that if you don't give up on something it's like doing something profane with a chicken?

Man on man I'm just a wellspring of idioms and sayings. Still going with your Dumb and Dumber theory? Jakey?

(Did I pick up "wellspring" from a thesaurus or from my rich understanding of English literature? Jake?)

You can ignore Jake; his gimmick is to troll threads endlessly, then run and snivel to the mods when he gets told to fuck off, and try and get people banned. I taunt him for fun, since I could care less about his juvenile gimmicks, but you might, I don't know.

I don’t blame you, but I suspect this terrible event is overblown. I doubt it happened as the State claims.
I would suggest that many of the "credible allegations" may in fact not be substantial BUT they must be fully investigated. If they are far OFF the mark then I will be glad, but those who ARE guilty should face the full force of the Law.

Greg

Well, they conveniently let the statutes of limitations run out on these rapes, which of course is always cause for suspicion and outrage, and raises the issues of who was responsible for that. Some states have modified their laws to remove limitations on time limitations on pedophile rapes to be the same as murder, for which their or no statutes of limitations for criminal prosecution.

Then get the politicians to adjust the Statutes; it is now in the hands of the Politicians. I agree that there should be NO statute of limitations on pedophiles and their criminal activity. About thirty years ago a liberal (US) style opposition leader was CONVICTED of child rape in his Ministerial Office. The scum was jailed. There were others but the left has since covered it up. They got a few of them but there were more. Disgusting.

Greg

What the YouTube video didn't come in RUSSIAN, where I clearly learned Bugs Bunny lingo, Jakey???LOL
You are not the first eastern European with a fascination in American cartoons.

I would mention something with chickens but that's profane and unkind. Wait, Jakey, where did I pick up that idea that if you don't give up on something it's like doing something profane with a chicken?

Man on man I'm just a wellspring of idioms and sayings. Still going with your Dumb and Dumber theory? Jakey?

(Did I pick up "wellspring" from a thesaurus or from my rich understanding of English literature? Jake?)

You can ignore Jake; his gimmick is to troll threads endlessly, then run and snivel to the mods when he gets told to fuck off, and try and get people banned. I taunt him for fun, since I could care less about his juvenile gimmicks, but you might, I don't know.

I think he and one other poster think I'm foreign and won't give it up. It's the "new cool", you know: "Anything I don't like or befuddles me is RUSSIAN!!!"

I never thought Russia was so awesome, you know? I mean they DID have some kick-butt composers in the Romantic period. I wish their literature of that time compared; I find it SO ponderous. The music can be ponderous too, but more compact. The literature just goes on....and on...and on. For me. YMMV

Remember that Jesus was sent to the cross by his religious leaders, yet he drove the money changers out of the temple with a whip because it was still the meeting place of God's people. The message there is, don't give up on the church, or God's people, just because their "shepherds" may have gone astray. Granted, that does not mean you have to remain Catholic.

Indeed. At the end of the day it's the people who are the Church, not the bureaucrats; they can only get away with what the congregations let them get away with. Catholics obviously need to quit letting these dispicable faggots posing as 'priests' intimidate them and purge the vermin.

Greg

Well, they conveniently let the statutes of limitations run out on these rapes, which of course is always cause for suspicion and outrage, and raises the issues of who was responsible for that. Some states have modified their laws to remove limitations on time limitations on pedophile rapes to be the same as murder, for which their or no statutes of limitations for criminal prosecution.

Then get the politicians to adjust the Statutes; it is now in the hands of the Politicians. I agree that there should be NO statute of limitations on pedophiles and their criminal activity. About thirty years ago a liberal (US) style opposition leader was CONVICTED of child rape in his Ministerial Office. The scum was jailed. There were others but the left has since covered it up. They got a few of them but there were more. Disgusting.

Greg

Yes. Their recidivism rates are extremely high as well; they should never be released once caught.

Forum List

Back